Arne
Corporal

Thinking of giving it another go....

Wed May 18, 2016 6:03 pm

I purchased WON when it first came out and sadly, gave up after numerous crashes and the long AI times. But I think I'd like to give it another try since this is such an interesting part of history.

What would folks suggest and should I consider one of the mods for improved game play? My preference is to play first as the French and then perhaps as the English.

Any thoughts would be appreciated...

Kev_uk
Colonel

Wed May 18, 2016 10:19 pm

I think it slowly is becoming better, I just hope it is not abandoned in its current state as I believe it still needs quite substantial work, mainly regarding the AI. But yea, I am still playing it, having fun, learning all the time (still). Its good. There is vicbergs Enhanced Diplomacy mod which makes diplomacy somewhat easier plus a few other tweaks; its fun and interesting, I think the only mod there is presently. Give it another try.

Pocus

Mon May 23, 2016 9:05 am

We will probably release the first public beta patch for the next patch soon!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

RebelYell
General of the Army

Mon May 23, 2016 9:17 am

Pocus wrote:We will probably release the first public beta patch for the next patch soon!

Come on, give us a hint on what it might have? :D

We are on turn 4 in our pbem, should we wait for it?

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon May 23, 2016 1:31 pm

Pocus wrote:We will probably release the first public beta patch for the next patch soon!

Cool Pocus, thanks for your work. There is real big potential here if some functionnalities can be made to work and the AI be propped up a bit (better force concentration, better recruiting algorythm to favor infantry and which should really just exclude fortress arty from the buidable pool !).

Keep it up !

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”