zooter
Captain

enhanced Diplomacy mod

Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:46 pm

I played Vicberg's enhanced diplomacy mod thru 1805 and found it enjoyable and very different from the original game. Everything worked. I especially liked the fact that after I made peace with Austria they didn't turn around and attack Bavaria again.
Battles are large and time consuming, wandering units are not single units but several divisons, you have to scout them out before you attack. Battles can take several days with the AI throwing in more troops.
Nation building decrees cost a lot of engagement points, not 50 points, but 200, 400. You have to decide if you want to upgrade your army or create kingdoms and such.
I especially like the new unit roster, you can buy Italian units, Hanover units, Saxon units and build them in their home territories, not just in France, However I am in Hamburg and haven't seen any Prussian units on the roster. I have not upgraded the mod to the latest beta patch for fear it might cause a conflict, if any one has done that please let me know.
All in all, it was enjoyable game play for 1805, oh yes when you defeat an army you get oodles of arty, army and corps units. Very nice.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:56 pm

This makes me feel good :thumbsup:

You won't see Prussian units, nor Austrians though they did exist in the French Army. You won't see them yet. I'll need to add them to the force pools to make that happen.

Rhineland Confederation becomes available after Pressburg. When Rhineland is formed, France can build minor troops from Berg, Bavaria, Baden, Hessen, Nassau and Brunswick. Duchy of Warsaw becomes available while at war with Prussia and when Lodz and Warsaw are taken, that opens polish troops to be built. Saxony will switch sides when Dresden and Lepzig are controlled by France and while at war with Prussia. That opens Saxon troops to be built. When you take Berlin, Koingsburg and Warsaw, that opens Tilsit, which in turn opens Kingdom of Westphalia. Westphalia and RHC have their own troops to build in addition to the confederation minors (Berg, Bavaria, etc..). Westphalia absorbs Brunswick and parts of Hesson. So that's about as close to Prussian builds as France is going to get at the moment.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:58 pm

zooter wrote: I have not upgraded the mod to the latest beta patch for fear it might cause a conflict, if any one has done that please let me know.

The latest release has March 24th changes incorporated. One thing I noticed is that casualties suddenly shot up. I'm researching as to why as I made no changes to models and didn't see these types of casualties prior to March 24th. The game logic file looks fine. I'll figure it out.

zooter
Captain

Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:00 am

Thanks for the info.

Hyroda
Sergeant

Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:56 am

sounds interesting such mod (beta) im still thinking about to give it a try,...in your opinion,...a must have or (you can still Play the vanilla)
regards

zooter
Captain

Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:56 pm

I'm into 1806 I find this mod to be a much better game, its not a walk over, I find Bavaria to still be a problem, signing separate peace treaties, but over all a vast improvement.

Hyroda
Sergeant

Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:24 pm

first turn, first i have noticed,....turn's are much more faster then the orginal version,... :)

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:10 am

No they aren't, once you get into larger battles. More rolling and battles take longer.

Hyroda
Sergeant

Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:26 am

thats one of These things i appriciate tohave longer going on battles,...but i mean the first turns were alot of faster then without These mod,...maybe it will take longer as Long the game goes on,...

zooter
Captain

Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:06 pm

so instead of expending points to acquire all the little Rhine nations, you just attack each, whenever and they are auto annexed to you at the expense of some points. Does this apply to all the little nations like Tuscany, Papacy, etc.? If so then many of the decrees are useless.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:28 pm

The decrees aren't useless. There's a relationship cost for DOW and another for annexation (-20). The events do not require DOW nor have the same relationship costs. It's a choice. The effects are the same though, whether by DOW or by event.

However, RHC event gives you 8 countries for 1/2 the price (400 EP) versus attacking each one individually.

zooter
Captain

Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:53 pm

I have found that annexing via attacking really lowers your diplomacy scores with the world, including your allies. I think my best diplomacy score is +26. I also noticed towards the end of 1805 a large increase in money and war materials, neither of which are in short supply anymore.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:20 pm

The annexed countries do add to money/war supplies, etc., but your surplus is probably coming from Pressburg treaty.

zooter
Captain

Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:15 pm

Hindsight says I should of went with the 400 points for the Rhine Nations instead of upgrading the army. Having played many partial games and keeping track of money and war materials, and owning appox. the same countries I do now, and enabling the same treaties, I still think the income for France is skewed. The other thing I noticed is before playing the mod my man power was manageable, I only once called for volunteers, now my manpower is very low, so much so that I go for months without building anything. Maybe its all going towards replacements, as Russia stead fastly defended Prussia with armies and not isolated units. It was not uncommon in this game to tangle with a Russian army over 2000 points.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:34 pm

Skewed as in too little or too much? If you are constantly in combat, it will be tough to build up the army. Also, you are playing your draft cards? They provide 4200 conscripts 4 times a year.

zooter
Captain

Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:20 pm

Decided to start a new game, 1805 after the treaty of Pressburg, France was given southern Bavaria including the capitol. A huge Russian army composed of just arty attacked me. Spain decided that Paris needed 1000 points in it and HRE whit out me declaring war on it became a English Satellite, and we all know that's forever. Massive multi day battles as both side throw everyone into the frays.

Kev_uk
Colonel

Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:31 pm

So far (well since I have had the game only have managed to get to spring 1806), the mod did add more interesting features for sure. My main concern is watching the Russian artillery and HQ units turn up in Belgium. Just annoying having to use a division or corps to mop them up (only for them to re-appear somewhere else). Not a problem with the mod, but it actually was more noticeable in the vanilla campaign, which kinda kills interest somewhat - surely that is old school in programming AIs in games like this ? But still a great game nonetheless.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:45 pm

Well, the AI needs help that's for sure. HRE a British satellite won't last after RHC is formed.

Also, I've put in commands to tell the AI to build infantry over artillery. I've also attempted to reduce the amount of captured artillery (it was set to 100% chance of capture, now down to 10%). I've noticed mixed results with the artillery capture as I still seem to get a bunch of it. As far as massive stacks of artillery, that's how the engine forms up stacks.

I may have to create scripts to build "corps" and "armies" for AI powers. All inclusive, with leaders and see how the AI responds to that.

BruceASinger@gmail.com
Captain

Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:55 am

zooter wrote:I played Vicberg's enhanced diplomacy mod thru 1805 and found it enjoyable and very different from the original game. Everything worked. I especially liked the fact that after I made peace with Austria they didn't turn around and attack Bavaria again.
Battles are large and time consuming, wandering units are not single units but several divisons, you have to scout them out before you attack. Battles can take several days with the AI throwing in more troops.
Nation building decrees cost a lot of engagement points, not 50 points, but 200, 400. You have to decide if you want to upgrade your army or create kingdoms and such.
I especially like the new unit roster, you can buy Italian units, Hanover units, Saxon units and build them in their home territories, not just in France, However I am in Hamburg and haven't seen any Prussian units on the roster. I have not upgraded the mod to the latest beta patch for fear it might cause a conflict, if any one has done that please let me know.
All in all, it was enjoyable game play for 1805, oh yes when you defeat an army you get oodles of arty, army and corps units. Very nice.

I plan to wait until the release an offical patch {hopefully they will resolve the memory leak and constant crashing. Currently I have to exit the game and restart it to be able to process a turn. Also, if I notice the game start to lag, I immediately restart the game. It mostly keeps the game from crashing but does take a lot longer to play} and then play vicberg's mod.

zooter
Captain

Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:18 pm

1806 Austria at war with Bavaria, I declare war on Austria, next turn a battle takes place in a region I and the Austrians have a unit. I then advance units into Austrian territory and they are not allowed to enter. Diplomacy board says we are not at war. next turn I get a cb against Austria, next turn I declare war, next turn we are not at war. What's up with that? According to the diplomacy board there are no treaties between us, except right of passage.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:29 pm

Peace is enforced in a round about manner for 48 turns. No DOW for either side. This is because the diplomacy engine will have Austria DOW Bavaria or France within a few turns of Presburg. So there's an event that enforces peace between the two countries and provides foreign access each turn for 48 turns after pressburg.

zooter
Captain

Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:07 pm

Thanks for the info, like I said, liken' the mod very much

zooter
Captain

Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:59 pm

There seems to be trouble getting ships into and out of Boulogne. Also individual allies are still being attacked with out attacking the whole French alliance. France is give a CB in such a case but can't attack the country because of the required peace treaty wait time. Ex, Sweden and I sign a peace treaty, a month later Sweden attacks Norway, an alliance member. I receive a CB against Sweden but can't declare war on Sweden. year 1807.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:08 pm

hmmm, thats all engine stuff. I haven't focused on sweden events yet. There's a few of them. They supposedly fixed the DOW on minor issue. Again, I haven't enforced peace between all powers in part because it's a challenge to find alliance members in order to enforce peace as that can change. To do it from a scripting side means have EVERY MINOR and MAJOR power check if it's in the alliance in order to kick off an event.

I could possibly issue a SettleWhitePeace each and every turn of the treaty which would enforce, but that could cause other issues.

zooter
Captain

Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:38 pm

1806 the Prussian, Austrians and Russians are now fielding army/corps size units, which makes the game bloody hard but interesting, no walk in the park now. also no Titlest treaty, I'm stuck defending what I have. Is this how you had the AI building out its units. It worked, but maybe to well.

Kev_uk
Colonel

Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:11 pm

Concur, but still seeing many many arty and supply units. I am early Nov.1806, just about wrapping up Prussia (made peace with both Austria - Presburg treaty, and Russia asked for diplomatic peace so I assume it could concentrate on the Ottomans), but it looks as if Austria has rebuilt its Corps a lot. Just trying now to reach Konisburg (just taken Danzig after about three weeks of seige), and the weather is turning to mud....what to do...

zooter
Captain

Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:03 pm

I see the waiting period before declaring war is not in use, Austria declared war on me after three month and Prussia four months.

Kev_uk
Colonel

Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:11 pm

Austria - well I started the later 1805 scenario - already at war - steamrolled them and accepted the Presburg Treaty - they then declared war on Prussia after I had declared war on them a few months later (March 1806). So Prussia have been hammered into the ground - they have the most casualties of any country in the game so far. Russia - kept sending piecemeal brigades and arty units over, one or two full size corps, but nothing I could not defeat. I think they went to war with the Ottomans and asked for a peace deal - which I accepted mainly because I was fed up of all the supply and arty units around Dresden and Liepzig. The most interesting thing is that Austria now have recovered their morale and have some big stacks on my border. Worrying - but I just want this Tilset Treaty with Prussia ASAP - gonna risk sending two Corps plus Napoleon and his Grande Armee up from Danzig through marshes before the snows start. Gonna have to be quick so I can knock out Prussia once and for all.

zooter
Captain

Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:12 pm

to shorten the time it takes battles to play out go to options and mask the battle animation.

Kev_uk
Colonel

Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:20 pm

zooter wrote:to shorten the time it takes battles to play out go to options and mask the battle animation.

I like the battle animations taking a long while though - like those musket volley sounds, the assault sounds, the cavalry, artillery etc. Quite fulfilling I find. Longer the better. Great mod.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”