bdtj1815
Conscript

Unrealistic Russian Strategy

Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:26 pm

I have many questions about this game, which I am enjoying but finding frustrating.

What is concerning me now is that there is no sign of any major Russian forces in Central Europe in August 1805. I am playing as France in the Jan 1805 Campaign and Russia is supposed to be part of the Third Coalition.

I reloaded the game as the Russian and found that about 90% of Russian troops were either in the Caucasus or even further east, including the Czar and a large stack in the Azerbaijan box.

This is, to my mind, really ruining the game. Has anyone else seen this?

Jones
Conscript

Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:55 pm

Yes. The same thing is happening in my PBEM game. Russian AI is focused on the Caucasus.

basilhare
Lieutenant

Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:12 pm

Playing as the Austrians in the Jan 1805 campaign...similar observation....the Russians are sending individual artillery batteries, supply wagons and even coastal guns to my VP towns but no large corps to help...

bdtj1815
Conscript

Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:55 pm

This really makes me question this game.

Seeing Russia behaving so ahistorically I wonder what other AI horrors are going on undetected.

basilhare
Lieutenant

Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:42 pm

In my game, the Russians are at war with the Ottomons and are fighting some large battles on that front. Russia finally (Sept 1805) sent their first infantry division to the Western Austrian Front...its the only infantry unit I have seen in my AO so far....I will say that the French AI seems to be doing a decent job at applying pressure on me (Austria)...they are using full sized units/corps and pounding my poor army on a regular basis...the only improvmenet would be to remind the AI to garrison cities after they take them...they have a bad habit of going onto the next objective and leaving a captured town undefended...

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”