basilhare
Lieutenant

Entering Towns

Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:22 pm

Occasionally, the predominance of friendly and enemy units makes it very difficult to position your unit inside a town. You cant see the town becuase its hidden under the stack. Is there an easy way to position your unit inside a town?

In one such example, I ordered a stack to "enter the structure" by clicking on the box in the unit special orders menu but it failed to do so and was engaged in battle outside the town. I guess in some cases, the presence of enmy units could prevent you from entering a structure, even though you were in the province first?

Thanks.

arsan

Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:31 pm

The special order button only work when the unit is coming from another region.
If you are already on the region you have to drag and drop the unit over the city.
While you are dragging the unit hoover above the city. When you are on the right spot a message saying the unit will entre the structure will flash on the mouse tooltip. This kind of helps.

Regards!

basilhare
Lieutenant

Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:07 pm

I will have to look more closely for the confirmation tooltip...I havent noticed it before....thanks.

Captain_Orso

Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:51 pm

Select the stack you wish to put inside the city, press <Ctrl><F4> to make all other stacks invisible, now Drag-n-Drop™ your selected stack onto the city sprite. If your stack disappears too, it is now inside the city. Now press <Ctrl><F4> to make all stacks visible again.

basilhare
Lieutenant

Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:15 pm

Thanks. That will be a tremendous help.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”