Offworlder
General

Trained Sharpshooters

Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:45 pm

I have come across a military reform option as the French called 'trained sharpshooters'. When mousing over it, it says that it allows sharpshooter units to be produced. However, the only time I tried using it, nothing happened - no new units showed up in the roster. Am I missing something?

BruceASinger@gmail.com
Captain

Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:51 pm

Offworlder wrote:I have come across a military reform option as the French called 'trained sharpshooters'. When mousing over it, it says that it allows sharpshooter units to be produced. However, the only time I tried using it, nothing happened - no new units showed up in the roster. Am I missing something?

Yes, what does purchasing the "Trained Shapshooters" do?
On a related question, what does "Foregin Recuitment" do? While fighting, my conscripts is nearly 10,000 units. Does this do anything besides recurit more conscripts?

tony luke
Corporal

Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:38 am

Yes, agree. An explanation, with some relevant detail/facts, would be great in all these events ......... doesn't seem like it would be too hard to expand the summary to include the facts in the description.

Cheers,

Tony

Offworlder
General

Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:59 pm

Any answers please?

ess1
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:04 am

+1.

Cannot find anything in manual or appx.

Captain_Orso

Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:15 am

Look on the <F9> page on the National Modifiers window. The Sharpshooter FM should be listed there. That's it.

Nostra
Corporal

Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:37 am

Captain_Orso wrote:Look on the <F9> page on the National Modifiers window. The Sharpshooter FM should be listed there. That's it.

And all it says it "Sharpshooters can be recruited". Just that there are none to be recruited

Offworlder
General

Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:26 pm

Exactly! What's the point behind this military reform option?

Offworlder
General

Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:51 pm

Anyone please?

Nappy
Corporal

Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:38 pm

Personally, I don't think it works with the french...more oriented towards the british and maybe the Prussians.

I'll experiment and get back to you, since I have just received the military reform.

Captain_Orso

Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:03 am

Military Reform gives the faction Corps command structure, and probably allocates more armies and divisions which may be formed.

Basically, it brings coalition factions into parity with France with regards to military structures.

Nappy
Corporal

Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:06 pm

We were discussing the specific military reform "Trained Sharpshooters". It doesn't seem to work for the french, unless it's something that activates units later(much later) in the game.

Captain_Orso

Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:55 pm

ahh I see, said Image

On second read, your talking about the Faction or Nation Modifier "Trained Sharpshooters".

It should give the faction Sharpshooter unit in their build pool.

Nappy
Corporal

Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:39 pm

And when chosen as France, no "trained sharpshooter" units, IE rifles or some such, become available. Of course, it might be something that is available much later. For me, it's was offered in 1805, I took it, and nothing happened.

Thoughts?

Tyr
Corporal

Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:04 pm

Nappy,

There seem to be several military reforms that do nothing, and no clear information offered. Trained Sharpshooters and Foreign Recruitment being two for the French with no clearly useful information. I too picked up Trained Sharpshooters and it says "Allows recruitment of sharpshooters," yet nothing is added to the force pool. So it is useless up to 1808 (from what I have played up to). Same with Foreign Recruitment (FR); another vague descriptor with no apparent benefit. Even before purchasing FR, I was able to buy the special faction units, e.g. Neuchatel, German, Swiss, etc. Perhaps it is the force pool that is broken for France, with France having the option of FR from the start of the 1805 CGs.

Still, when it comes to National Modifiers and purchasing reforms, it would be great to see a clearly defined NM before you buy it. I.e. Trained Sharpshooters "Allows the purchase of XXX Unit for your nation."

lrb1965
Civilian

Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:26 pm

speaking of the Swiss--how do you recruit the red coated swiss units? I have four in the que but when I clink to recruit centered in Switzerland all the areas are red...so I cant seem to ever get??

Offworlder
General

Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:02 pm

Ironically the only way I found of recruiting them was to wait till 1807 and for some reason they become recruitable in Bayreuth, Germany. Don't ask me why though...

As to the original question, frankly I don't think there is an answer as in no units become available through the Sharpshooter event

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:04 am

lrb1965 wrote:speaking of the Swiss--how do you recruit the red coated swiss units? I have four in the que but when I clink to recruit centered in Switzerland all the areas are red...so I cant seem to ever get??

not sure but at a guess either too low loyalty, too low military control or too low a development level (this can drop if troops foraged in the region).

best way to check is that a tool tip will appear if you select the unit and hover over the province but my guess is you lack some measure of local control (military or loyalty) to allow the production of the units
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:46 am

Tyr wrote:Nappy,

There seem to be several military reforms that do nothing, and no clear information offered. Trained Sharpshooters and Foreign Recruitment being two for the French with no clearly useful information. I too picked up Trained Sharpshooters and it says "Allows recruitment of sharpshooters," yet nothing is added to the force pool. So it is useless up to 1808 (from what I have played up to). Same with Foreign Recruitment (FR); another vague descriptor with no apparent benefit. Even before purchasing FR, I was able to buy the special faction units, e.g. Neuchatel, German, Swiss, etc. Perhaps it is the force pool that is broken for France, with France having the option of FR from the start of the 1805 CGs.

Still, when it comes to National Modifiers and purchasing reforms, it would be great to see a clearly defined NM before you buy it. I.e. Trained Sharpshooters "Allows the purchase of XXX Unit for your nation."

Agreed, the foreign recruitment NM is particularly frustrating as the french...

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”