BruceASinger@gmail.com
Captain

Staffer Trait

Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:49 am

From the Tool Tip :
Staffer (Level: 1)
+2 Command Point per ability level, to the stack, even if Not in commad.
This ability applies to all elements of the Stack.

In the Grand Campaing, Murat starts over command points. From the Corps pop-up detail
Murat without Henry Clark With the Staffer Leader Trait
Required Command: 26
Provided Command: 25

On the first turn I add Henry Clark With the Staffer Leader ability . On the second turn Murat Corps has the exact same Required Command and Provided Command as shown below.
Murat with Henry Clark With the Staffer Leader Trait
Required Command: 26
Provided Command: 25

Is the tool tip wrong or is the game not working as indicated.

JacquesDeLalaing
Colonel

Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:17 am

There is a total max. cap of command points for any stack. It seems as if this cap ist set to 25?
[CENTER][color="#A52A2A"] S I L E S I A I N R U P T A[/color]
- a work-in-progress mod for Rise of Prussia - [/CENTER]

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:40 am

Isn't there already an officer with the staffer trait in Murat's stack (ie Belliard I think). Those traits don't accumulate effect, so if you already have one staffer, it's enough. Personnally and just for fun and roleplay purposes I try to dispatch my different leaders with staffer traits and give them command of corps or army HQs : I merge Berthier with the Grande Armée HQ, i merge Clarke with the Garde HQ and dispatch Duroc, Caulaincourt and others ot different corps.

Lucky
Private

Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:42 pm

JacquesDeLalaing wrote:There is a total max. cap of command points for any stack. It seems as if this cap ist set to 25?

Where is this talked about in the manual? I agree that there should be some practical limit to the size of a corps but shouldn't that be disclosed some where like maybe in appendix?

Lucky
Private

Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:47 pm

veji1 wrote:Isn't there already an officer with the staffer trait in Murat's stack (ie Belliard I think). Those traits don't accumulate effect, so if you already have one staffer, it's enough.

You bring up a good point here. I assumed that every staffer in the stack contributed to the command points. You are implying that only one leader's staff traits apply to the stack. This seems like a very important distinction. Does anyone know how this works? And more importantly can someone show me where I can read the documentation on this feature.

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:50 pm

Lucky wrote:You bring up a good point here. I assumed that every staffer in the stack contributed to the command points. You are implying that only one leader's staff traits apply to the stack. This seems like a very important distinction. Does anyone know how this works? And more importantly can someone show me where I can read the documentation on this feature.

I am positive this ability, just like other abilities applying to the whole stack, is limited to "one" use. Imagine having 3 leaders with the artillery trait in your stack giving you 3*10% better cannons ! It could be massively exploited. So if my memory is correct and Belliard is indeed already a staffer, you have your answer.

arsan

Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:58 pm

Not only staffer, all abilities work the same: they don't stack with themselves. So only one engineer, or one cavalrymen or artillerist will really give some advantage to a stack. It's better to spread them around.
Bear in mind that some abilities don't apply to the whole stack, only to a unit (a division for example). In these cases having the same ability on different divisions on a stack can be helpful.

BruceASinger@gmail.com
Captain

Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:38 am

veji1 wrote:Isn't there already an officer with the staffer trait in Murat's stack (ie Belliard I think). Those traits don't accumulate effect, so if you already have one staffer, it's enough. Personnally and just for fun and roleplay purposes I try to dispatch my different leaders with staffer traits and give them command of corps or army HQs : I merge Berthier with the Grande Armée HQ, i merge Clarke with the Garde HQ and dispatch Duroc, Caulaincourt and others ot different corps.

Thanks. I learned two things. That Staffer bonuses don't statck. And I overlooked Belliard's Staffer abiltiy.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”