veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Operational AI progress : let's keep it going.

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:29 am

I find that some simple improvements have made the AI a lot more enjoyable to play against already in the last beta :
- No more wandering small armies of minors : the fact that Wurtembergians, Badans and co stay home and don't travel abroad unless in an expeditionnary force is a big plus : it makes the game more lisible and is more realistic.
- Less wandering cavs and batteries : there are still some unfortunately, but less russian or spanish batteries traveling around is a good thing.

But there are still things that could be done through coding or scripting :
- Encourage the AI to keep its forces a lot more concentrated : I still find that the AI Disperses its forces too much. The Austrians or Russians or Prussians should really try to have their stacks of doom as concentrated as possible.
- Have scripts with odds to pick which avenue of advance the AI Will pick to attack a player once at war : ie make the Prussians chose 50% the historical route through Thuringe, 25% attack Hannover with an army, 25% go directly for the middle Rhine and Köln, etc...

I don't know what your ideas are but things could still be done to make the AI if not dangerous at list more rational and logical.

samba_liten
Sergeant

Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:12 pm

In 1805, having been at war with the Russians as the French for several months in two separate attempts at the campaign, it is very rare to see an actual army in Austria once that campaign starts. The AI does get permission to march through Austria, but uses it only to send some supplies and artillery for me to (gratefully) gobble up in between my showdowns with Charles (who, by the way, has taken to crossing the Brenner and invading Bavaria in the latest beta).

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:51 pm

samba_liten wrote:In 1805, having been at war with the Russians as the French for several months in two separate attempts at the campaign, it is very rare to see an actual army in Austria once that campaign starts. The AI does get permission to march through Austria, but uses it only to send some supplies and artillery for me to (gratefully) gobble up in between my showdowns with Charles (who, by the way, has taken to crossing the Brenner and invading Bavaria in the latest beta).

It's far from perfect indeed.

I think te russian AI could use some scripting to go to point A or B, etc, or to aim at following such or such unit (Charles, Mack, Kaizer Franz, etc) to allow to emulate the two armies working sort of together.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”