Franz Ferdinand
Sergeant

Militia units

Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:20 pm

I get why fortress artillery is an immobile or slow moving unit, but why on Earth is militia a slow moving (it takes more than two weeks to move one region on average) is beyond me.

Yes, I know that militias during this time largely stayed in their home area and were useless for offensive actions. Still, the problem is that there are so many brigades which have 2 light or line infantry regiments and a single militia regiment, making the whole brigade pretty much useless. It is even worse when sometimes a two regiment line units gets a militia regiment as reinforcement, de facto stopping any movement for the whole stack (just happened to me) until you notice what is going on and take out the brigade with militia regiment.

Militia regiment are not very effective to start with, so I do not know why they should be a slow moving unit. If you want to stimulate how bad they were, just further lower their effectiveness and cohesion, or at least do not have mixed brigades with line and militia regiments.

bommerrang
Sergeant

Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:31 pm

My French militia move fine. Is it mud or snow?

Lucky
Private

Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:41 pm

Well Spanish Militia will not move compared to when I played the french. I would really like to be able to reorg the brigades. I know that is not a feature of the game. Just wish I could do it.

Franz Ferdinand
Sergeant

Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:39 pm

bommerrang wrote:My French militia move fine. Is it mud or snow?

Did not play as the French yet, but I can confirm that British (a crazy amount of troops actually), Russian and Spanish militias move VERY VERY slowly. It takes around two weeks to cross one region, a task that normal units do in 1 to 3 days on average.

Franz Ferdinand
Sergeant

Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:40 pm

These units have a little brownish diagonal line that warns you that it is a slow or static unit, the same one that fortress artillery has.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”