Lucky
Private

How do you get England to accept peace?

Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:04 am

Ok, My enjoyment of this fairly entertaining game is diminishing rapidly. England has a morale of 0. My war score is 269. I offer peace that uses about 120 of this score. England will not accept peace.

I think I have won the game but England will not give up. What am I doing wrong? As a side note the English War score shows as -269 on the diplomacy screen (treaty in effect) before I go to the offer peace treaty. On that screen it shows as I am wining by 269.

ifailmore
Sergeant

Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:25 am

did you invade england? how did you get such a warscore!

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:03 am

ifailmore wrote:did you invade england? how did you get such a warscore!

My questions exactly! That's incredible, or crazy. Dunno which.

PhilThib

Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:45 am

Lucky wrote:Ok, My enjoyment of this fairly entertaining game is diminishing rapidly. England has a morale of 0. My war score is 269. I offer peace that uses about 120 of this score. England will not accept peace.

I think I have won the game but England will not give up. What am I doing wrong? As a side note the English War score shows as -269 on the diplomacy screen (treaty in effect) before I go to the offer peace treaty. On that screen it shows as I am wining by 269.

At the moment, England will fight to the death (hard scripted)...there were no provisions for succesful total conquest of France's arch enemy...working on it so that England can negotiate peace after London has been captured.

Pocus

Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:11 pm

Well, there is a win condition in the game, which is to have 2.5 time as many VP as British. So occupy all of Great Britain if you can. Have you invaded or conquered Spain or Russia also, it will hasten much the process. If you just went to the throat, i.e only beating the British without occupying others territories, it will take years.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Lucky
Private

Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:31 pm

ifailmore wrote:did you invade england? how did you get such a warscore!

I'm playing the sea lion scenario. So I start with my army in Hastings. Makes it way easier to conquer England that way. ;)

Lucky
Private

Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:50 pm

Pocus wrote:Well, there is a win condition in the game, which is to have 2.5 time as many VP as British. So occupy all of Great Britain if you can. Have you invaded or conquered Spain or Russia also, it will hasten much the process. If you just went to the throat, i.e only beating the British without occupying others territories, it will take years.

I'm playing the sealion scenario and I'm about 50 turns in. I'm having the same surrender issues with Austria. I offer a peace that uses about half the war score and Austria just ignores it. Austria offers a peace that uses about a quarter of the score. At first offer I thought it was just a negotiating tactic but now I'm thinking it's just the best I'm going to get. France currently controls all of its objective areas in Austria and about half the rest.

My war score is around 290 with Austria. I offer a peace of about 150. I figure this leaves enough war score to get rid of the negative -100 and leave it with 50 positive towards France.

pablius
Sergeant

Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:16 pm

Playing the jan 1805, invading the uK is not that hard, at least on default settings

After the first war with Austria, Prussia and Russia I shifted attention to England, and the problem seems to be that it doesn't react to it´s starting blockading fleets being destroyed

The UK has enough ships to make a landing either impossible or very costly and with a low probability of reinforcements or going back, but if you manage to concentrate a good enough fleet in Brest by sneaking in everything you have except the Toulon fleet, then you just kill the UK fleets in the channel one by one by choosing carefully and start building some squadrons early to be ready as replacements

In this situation everything else should rush home, at least after a few turns if you want to simulate the delay in communications, but instead Nelson sits around Gibraltar and nothing stops the french fleet from landing seven army corps

Given this situation (I currently have something like 330 war score and the UK has zero morale), peace with the british should be possible somehow. Either that or their navy AI is changed so a landing of the Grand Armee becomes a very long term objective or the result of a titanic battle of a joint franco-spanish fleet (Currently unlikely given that is impossible to take direct control of the bulk of Spain's fleet)

In my humble opinion, a complete and decisive victory over the UK should imply the dissolution of the UK, similar to the dissolution of the HRE, with Ireland and/or Scotland becoming independent and/or french satellites (kind of "buffer" states), smaller less decisive victories could have as a result the demobilization of part of it´s navy, or the retreat from the Mediterranean and the transfer of Gibraltar and Malta to France

PhilThib

Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:28 am

For next patch, added a change in the events that will allow Britain to "negotiate" after the occupation of London (now, they play it Churchillian and never discuss!)

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”