vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Appreciate the forest, and do not focus on the trees

Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:44 pm

When you look at the big picture, this game is magnificent, right now. It already portrays the grand campaigns of the Napoleonic Wars with a scope, beauty, and fidelity to history that no other game ever published comes close to.

I have already received great enjoyment form this game.

Yes, there are some bugs and problems, but they really are trees in a huge forest, and they will be fixed. A number of them have already been fixed in the first patch.

This is Ageod. The developers are Pocus and Philthib. The problems will be fixed. I know this, and I do not let them ruin the game for me.

Instead, I enjoy it!

Knowing that it will get better and better.

threecandles
Conscript

Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:40 am

Unfortunately I haven't been able to play a game long enough to see any standing forest, the path is blocked with fallen trees.

I have faith that the problems will rectified it's just such a shame as I've never had this problem with previous titles which were at least stable from the start and as time passed they have been gently tweaked into thoroughly enjoyable games.

In all honesty I don't think that any game developer has had a real success with this period of history and I had such high hopes that AGEOD of all companies would from the start.

From my own experience this beautiful looking game has been released in a poor state, I am very jealous of those who have managed to play more than three months of game time, as in about twenty attempts I have not.

I guess the release date was set for commercial reasons but if there been a delay for further play testing I for one would not have complained.

These forums would still have threads full of eager anticipation instead of CTDs, installation problems and bugs.

In the long run, which of the two makes more commercial sense?

Drake001
Sergeant

Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:22 am

In all honesty I don't think that any game developer has had a real success with this period of history and I had such high hopes that AGEOD of all companies would from the start.

I couldn't agree with that more. I have yet to see a game developer do it.

Drake001
Sergeant

Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:22 pm

Keep up the high hopes though. They have the basis for a strong effort

fred zeppelin
Colonel

Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:33 pm

threecandles wrote:

Waiting for WoN, I've dusted off Crown of Glory Emperor's Edition. It's an oldie, but very fun. It's set at a prehistoric resolution (1024 x 768) but otherwise still holds up. I'm enjoying it.

Taillebois
General of the Army

Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:10 pm

Blimey, I thought you were playing Campaigns On The Danube - which is really good and cheap on sale at the moment. A little gem I've only just come across.

Is there any way to stop those flags waving in GOGEE? I find them very annoying.

EOOQE
Private

Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:25 pm

Taillebois wrote:Blimey, I thought you were playing Campaigns On The Danube - which is really good and cheap on sale at the moment. A little gem I've only just come across.

Is there any way to stop those flags waving in GOGEE? I find them very annoying.

Yes there is an easy way to stop the waving :

In NGC\Graphics\Factions\Cityscape Flags you have to change in ALL in the .ini (CSFlag_FRA.ini , etc etc) Files this :

Code: Select all

Animated = 1
Frame = 6
Pace = 20

to this :

Code: Select all

Animated = 0
Frame = 6
Pace = 20

Taillebois
General of the Army

Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:34 pm

Thanks for the quick reply - It was Crown of Glory - Emperor's Edition I meant - I should have been clearer.

fred zeppelin
Colonel

Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:33 pm

Taillebois wrote:Blimey, I thought you were playing Campaigns On The Danube - which is really good and cheap on sale at the moment. A little gem I've only just come across.

I've reinstalled Campaigns on the Danube too. I agree it's a gem.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”