veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

What is the difference between a division and a division ?

Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:49 pm

Playing as the french early on I built my fist line infantry division and when the leader arrive with which I was going to pair it, I wondered : Is there any point in enabling divisional command for the leader and then merging him with the unit, in which case the unit takes the name of the leader and that golden name tag, or would it make no difference to just pair the leader and the division as if it where a brigade ??

Does it make any difference ingame ?

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:41 pm

Not that I want to hassle the devs, but is there any difference between just merging a commander with a div or enabling divisionnary command ?

arsan

Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:10 pm

I don't think there is any diference, except that enabling divisional command may allow you to add some extra unit besides the division unit: another small brigade or battery.

Regards

Lynxyonok
AGEod Veteran

Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:15 pm

arsan wrote:I don't think there is any diference, except that enabling divisional command may allow you to add some extra unit besides the division unit: another small brigade or battery.

Regards

That's for the old-style ones, where you can build them up like Lego castles, with up to 18 units.

New divisions when they come online later on will be like TEAW-Gold mod, 1 leader per stack. No need to enable anything.

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:46 pm

Lynxyonok wrote:That's for the old-style ones, where you can build them up like Lego castles, with up to 18 units.

New divisions when they come online later on will be like TEAW-Gold mod, 1 leader per stack. No need to enable anything.

Hmm.. Thanks, so enabling divisionnal command makes no sense after a while ?

Captain_Orso

Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:55 pm

The single-unit-divisions are mostly about 12-14 elements in size. With an Old-Style Division Command you could add a few more elements to a division, if you want to.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”