vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Great Game!

Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:43 pm

I am really enjoying this game, already, right out of the box. I have bought and played every Ageod game, and every even somewhat historical game about the Napoleonic wars. Without a doubt, this is the best.

The graphics have been updated and improved, to create a very immersive feel for the period. The map is one of the most beautiful ever done, and vast. Even the uniforms and leader portraits look better than ever.

But the real test is the game play, which is outstanding. As you would expect in an Ageod game, you cannot win just by making a monster stack and marching it all over the map. You must take into consideration many of the concerns that a real general of the time would think about, such as logistics, the fatigue of the troops, the terrain, the quality of your troops, the abilities of a particular leader, and many other things, and try to anticipate the moves of a very good AI. In other words, what you would expect from any Ageod wargame, but done extremely well, with some innovative changes that really bring the period to life. It helps that the Ageod system is ideal for this kind of warfare, and I already feel like a general of the period, making decisions that such a general would make, and felling a real hatred of Wellington in the 1815 scenario.

The video tutorials are well done and helpful, and a great way for newbies to get into the game. Even I, who have been playing Ageod games so much since BOA was published, have found them helpful.

I must admit that many times we Ageod faithful tend to concentrate on relatively minor issues, and forget to mention the big picture. I am as guilty of this as anyone. But the big picture of this game is superb.

Pocus is already planning to improve the game even more with a patch. Yet, as it stands, it is the best recreation of Napoleonic warfare I have ever played.

I give this game my highest recommendation.
`

Taillebois
General of the Army

Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:49 pm

D'accord

Field Marshal Hotzendorf
Captain

Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:32 pm

Just a simply fantastic game! Bravo Ageod!! I am recommending it to everybody I know. :D

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:41 am

A fantastic achievement!! This is the game I have been waiting for all year! Thanks to everyone in the ageod team for making the BEST Napoleonic war game ever!!
Tres formidable!!
"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union... and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Check out my 'To End All Wars' AAR: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38262-The-Kaiser-report-the-CP-side-of-the-war-against-Jinx-and-PJL

Suvorov928
Conscript

Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:36 pm

So far, this is easily my favorite PC war game of all time. AGEOD needs to get this game on Steam and get some press on it. They deserve every penny they can get for this gem.

Boomer
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:34 am

Just started playing my first grand campaign as Spain. Initial impressions are really good. Map is beautiful. UI has been tweaked, unit and map clicking seems faster and more responsive. Everything looks like this is a finely tuned and deep Ageod game. Very impressed so far.

Pocus

Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:21 am

Do some of you mind if you get cited somewhere, probably without your nickname rest assured!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”