murat
Lieutenant

Diplomatic Engine

Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:09 am

I'm interested to diplomatic engine of War of Napoleon. How is it possible diplonatic action (war, alliance, protectorate, etc).

Field Marshal Hotzendorf
Captain

Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:55 pm

murat wrote:I'm interested to diplomatic engine of War of Napoleon. How is it possible diplonatic action (war, alliance, protectorate, etc).

Yes, I would love a answer to this! :)

allan_boa
Colonel

Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:55 am

Me too :-)

PhilThib

Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:24 am

There will be a good lot of diplomatic actions, from the basic to some which are more unusual (but in the spirit of the time) such as the possibility to get troops on loan or create satellite nations. We have built something based on the PON elements to fit with the Napoleonic era. Some screenshots and elements will appear in the coming weeks.

DrPostman

Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:46 am

Really looking forward to this Phil.
"Ludus non nisi sanguineus"

Field Marshal Hotzendorf
Captain

Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:41 am

Sounds great! Thank you.

seathom
Colonel

Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:38 pm

I really hope that the diplomatic side of the game is given more attention than in TYW. I am so disappointed in that game that I wish I hadn't bought it and I've never said that about an AGEOD game before. I hope that Engagement Points are not given out so freely that the player cannot possibly use them all up. The allotment of diplomats in PON really meant that a nation had to prioritize their diplomatic endeavors and couldn't possibly do everything they wanted and this is much more realistic and challenging in game terms. For me, this is the creme de la creme of wargaming (Napoleonic period) so I hope this facet is examined very carefully. How AGEOD went backwards in diplomacy from PON has puzzled me for some time now.

Pocus

Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:40 am

Because diplomacy in PON was (1) one of the focus of the game, contrary to more wargame-oriented games likes TYW and because (2) it is an extremely difficult thing to set up right.

The good news is that diplomacy in WON derives from PON, only with more and better things :) As the French, if you declare war on say Prussia, seeing all your satellites and most of your minor allies do the same is a nice thing to view!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Matto
Colonel

Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:08 am

Combination or better upgrade of diplomatic options from PON sounds very promising ... so looking forward !!!
Napoleon days in Austerlitz 2011 - photo gallery
My Czech pages agout AGEOD: AGEOD games, RoP AAR - Prussian side
My AGEOD games: WoN, TYW, EAW, CW2, AJE, PoN, NCP, ROP Gold, RUS Gold and BOA2

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”