AgeOld
Civilian

State of the game

Fri May 06, 2022 5:52 pm

Hmm, I look at the reviews on Steam complaining about crashes to desktop and various game breaking bugs and I see that it hasn't had an update in years...

.. is this actually even vaguely bug free?

I've seen someone mention a 1.03 beta patch - where's that?

Nikel

Re: State of the game

Mon May 09, 2022 11:43 am

This is the last patch that was released.

viewtopic.php?f=375&t=50119

Artemis
Conscript

Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:33 am

AgeOld wrote:Hmm, I look at the reviews on Steam complaining about crashes to desktop and various game breaking bugs and I see that it hasn't had an update in years...

.. is this actually even vaguely bug free?

I've seen someone mention a 1.03 beta patch - where's that?

I was thinking about getting this game too. But I also saw the same Steam comments complaining of bugs and crashes.

Have these problems been worked out more or less now with the patches?

wrlertola
Corporal

Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:27 am

I'm 106 turns into a PBEM as Russia with no crashes and have multiple games with different nations versus the AI with a couple over 200 turns in without crashes.
The 1.03b beta patch is solid but I don't think it is usable on a Steam installation of the game (Steam install uses an earlier official patch that has issues).
(Edit) Apparently there is a way to install the 1.03b on a Steam installation. Check the Steam General Discussions.

(Edit) The pbem game as Russia has run into a few issues as we got into the turns 129 -132. That caused crashes when processing the turn, seems that a StrucEvalCount very close to the end of turn processing was causing the problems and crashes. Turning on Error Logging stopped the crashes it was causing and the game seems to adjust the count with the next turn. Happens every once in a while and we play on without worrying about it. Probably a good idea to do PBEM games with Error Logging turned on by all the participants. We're into the turn 150s now.

A quick tip for anyone having crashes while the game is loading. When you finally get in turn off All Textures Initialized in the options/system tab. It'll make the map scroll a bit slower at first but you won't get those loading crashes anymore.

Shri

Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:20 pm

wrlertola wrote:I'm 106 turns into a PBEM as Russia with no crashes and have multiple games with different nations versus the AI with a couple over 200 turns in without crashes.
The 1.03b beta patch is solid but I don't think it is usable on a Steam installation of the game (Steam install uses an earlier official patch that has issues).
(Edit) Apparently there is a way to install the 1.03b on a Steam installation. Check the Steam General Discussions.

(Edit) The pbem game as Russia has run into a few issues as we got into the turns 129 -132. That caused crashes when processing the turn, seems that a StrucEvalCount very close to the end of turn processing was causing the problems and crashes. Turning on Error Logging stopped the crashes it was causing and the game seems to adjust the count with the next turn. Happens every once in a while and we play on without worrying about it. Probably a good idea to do PBEM games with Error Logging turned on by all the participants. We're into the turn 150s now.

A quick tip for anyone having crashes while the game is loading. When you finally get in turn off All Textures Initialized in the options/system tab. It'll make the map scroll a bit slower at first but you won't get those loading crashes anymore.

Do you guys need a player for PBEM for any majors? if so, let me know. Except France i can competently play. France is too difficult to win in PBEM due to "HISTORICAL issues".

wrlertola
Corporal

Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:52 pm

Shri wrote:
wrlertola wrote:I'm 106 turns into a PBEM as Russia with no crashes and have multiple games with different nations versus the AI with a couple over 200 turns in without crashes.

Do you guys need a player for PBEM for any majors? if so, let me know. Except France i can competently play. France is too difficult to win in PBEM due to "HISTORICAL issues".

Hi Shri,
Looks like our game just ended due to event problems centering on Portugal.

Nikel

Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:01 pm

What a pity!

wrlertola
Corporal

Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:49 pm

Nikel wrote:What a pity!

Yes it is. Hope that the three of us find another title to give a PBEM run to.
Consider myself lucky to have been asked to join them. WON has the foundation of a classic but clearly still needs work.

Nikel

Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:02 pm

Yes, abandoned too soon by the devs.

wrlertola
Corporal

Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:02 am

Nikel,

I've been wondering about this. it's the same in every ScriptReportxxxx.txt in the exact same location. I noticed the warnings at the bottom of the files and finally decided to look for what they are. Have any clue about it?

Line 14415: [WARNING] SelectFaction, no faction selected, criteria: 0
Line 14418: [WARNING] SelectFaction, no faction selected, criteria: 0
Line 14421: Started processing event: evt_nam_XXX_YYYKing1805
Line 14421: This event is not yet referenced, base number of allowed occurences 0
Line 14423: Too many occurences for event evt_nam_XXX_YYYKing1805 further processing aborted.
Line 14433: Finished processing event: evt_nam_XXX_YYYKing1805
Line 14433: ------------------------------

Nikel

Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:18 am

No clues from me.

Bohemond is your man :)

Edit: searching the DB it appears just one time in the file NGC_Events_Monarchs_ver1d.xls

It is a template, I guess to create the rest of the monarchs easily:

But should it have been removed in the games files?

PhilThib, where are you? :blink:

wrlertola
Corporal

Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:02 pm

I was thinking template as well. Seems it is something that we need not be concerned about.
Thank you.

Durk

Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:56 am

If I understand, it is a script the game cannot find for some reason.
Several WON are at The Wargame Club. A nice thing about games there is there are a couple of players who can debug and move the game forward, if you do not already know.

wrlertola
Corporal

Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:28 am

Thanks Durk.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”