debtmars
Private

How Create Kingdom of Westphalia?

Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:30 pm

My understanding is there are several requirements to create the Kingdom of Westphalia as France:
OWN MAGDEBURG
ANNEX HANNOVER
ALLIED WITH HESSE
ALLIED WITH/OR ANNEXED BRUNSWICK (OCCUPY WITH 1 DIV)

I've been trying to ally with Hesse, for about a year. How long does it take? I'm in February 1807 and relationship with Hesse is only 60. Also, how does France annex Brunswick?

Thanks for your great help!

Bohémond

Re: How Create Kingdom of Westphalia?

Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:31 am

According to game files:
You need to control Hannover and Magdeburg regions.
You need to have a defensive treaty with Oldenburg, Hesse and Brunswick.
Min date is January 1807.

Regards

debtmars
Private

Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:35 am

So annexation of Brunswick is not possible; only an alliance is possible? I need to get to work on my relations with these three countries. Thanks.

debtmars
Private

Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:12 am

Okay, so what is the best procedure to gain an alliance with each of the countries? Any suggestions? Is it possible to Declare War on these small countries, conquer them, negotiate peace and then work on improving relations to get to an alliance quicker? I know relations with Austria greatly improved after peace in 1805.

Offworlder
General

Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:23 pm

Hi

You don't need an alliance with Brunswick. Basically when the Kingdom of Westphalia activates, Brunswick is absorbed by Westphalia.

debtmars
Private

Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:31 pm

Okay, so what must be done with Brunswick? Declare War and occupy it? Suggestions, please. Thanks.

Offworlder
General

Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:30 am

Its up to you. Sometimes I declare war on it so that I can chase the Prussians in its territory (they have an agreement with Brunswick) and sometimes I don't.

Really it all depends on you. For example, if your axis of attack is through Magdeburg towards Berlin, then it is wiser to declare war and clear the whole area. If you would like to go east (ie through Saxony to get it to change sides), then Brunswick is not that important and just leave a strong corps in the vicinity to ward off any prussian adventures (they seem to target Wesel).

Anyway, Brunswick will disappear as soon as the Creation of Westphalia event is activated.

debtmars
Private

Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:36 pm

I just declared war on Brunswick and conquered it last turn. I have 3rd Corps housed in Braunschweig. I declared war on Saxony in the fall of 1806 (it is now 21 February, 1807) and have refused to agree to peace. I have corps housed in Cottbus, Dresden, Leipzig, Pirna, and Torgau for the winter. I was hopeful my invasion would trigger the Prussians to declare war. So, your recommendation is to agree to peace and use diplomacy to gain an ally? I knew the Saxons switched sides, but didn't expect that until later. I don't know how long a peace agreement with Saxony will last, nor how long it will take for Prussia to declare war after peace with Saxony.

As I noted in reply to another post, I am playing version 1.03.

Offworlder
General

Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:08 pm

The Saxons changed sides when the Prussians are at war with France. So honestly I don't know if it would trigger once Prussia comes in the war

debtmars
Private

Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:35 pm

It's 8 March, 1807. I accepted Peace with Saxony. I'll just have to wait to see what happens.

chazz
Conscript

Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:09 am

Excuse my ignorance but what is the benefit to having a Kingdom of Westphalia?

debtmars
Private

Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:57 am

As the French player, the Kingdom of Westphalia is needed to annex Holland and Oldenburg, plus create the Grand Empire.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”