Spore18
Conscript

Trouble sending supplies to occupied territory?

Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:30 am

I'm currently invading Prussia as France and am starting to run into some major supply issues. I've got an unbroken chain of occupation from Hannover to Magdeburg to Berlin and even past that, so there should be a good path for supplies, but none of the supplies currently sitting in Hannover seem to want to move into occupied territory. I've also taken Braunschweig, which is right next to Hannover and has a depot in it, and supplies still won't move into there. I've got something like 2000 units of supply sitting in northern Germany while my army is on the brink of starvation in the east, and I can't for the life of me figure out why the supplies won't move over there.

I thought it might be some weird interaction with part of the supply chain to mainland France being part of the Hessen network instead of French, so I built a depot in Hessen land under French control, and that depot filled up with supplies just fine, but they still aren't being passed on to Prussia. I have no clue how I could ever possibly be expected to make it all the way to Poland under these conditions. Am I doing something wrong?

Here's my overall situation. As you can see, I have a full line of supply from France to Berlin but no supplies stockpiled anywhere in Prussia (Stettin was just conquered, so those are captured supplies):

Here's my newly made depot in Hessen. It's working perfectly normally and seems to be sending and receiving thousands of supplies per turn:

And here's Magdeburg, which like everywhere else (including Hamburg) in occupied Prussia is not sending or receiving any supplies whatsoever:

Is this a bug? Do occupied depots not work and I should be building French depots in occupied territory? I have no idea what's going on here.

Playing on patch 1.03.

Spore18
Conscript

Re: Trouble sending supplies to occupied territory?

Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:01 pm

I should also note that I have a save of a separate game where the French player invaded Prussia and the occupied depots are able to transfer supplies eastward, so at the very least it shouldn't be the case that occupied depots are useless.

matt217th
Civilian

Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:03 pm

Hi guys I am playing the game as well. If anyone wants to look at the save file, you can grab it with this link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Hope a veteran out there can shed some light on it.

Thanks,

Matt

lodilefty

Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:24 pm

Your loyalty is lower than Prussia in that region/structure.

Morgan
Corporal

Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:31 pm

lodilefty wrote:Your loyalty is lower than Prussia in that region/structure.

I thought that only Military Control mattered. Is that just to trace supply through a region? Do you have to have the highest Loyalty to use city structures?

Spore18
Conscript

Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:09 pm

lodilefty wrote:Your loyalty is lower than Prussia in that region/structure.

Oh I see so loyalty plays a role? In that case, what about this situation from a different save:

Is it working here because the Prussians just don't have majority loyalty over the region, or maybe French and rebel loyalty can be combined to hit over 50% since they would both be hostile to Prussia?

But in this region in that same save Prussia still has majority loyalty and yet the depot is working...

By any chance do you know the exact rules relating to loyalty? Also, does this mean that if I built my own depot in a disloyal Prussian province with no buildings the depot still wouldn't work?

Spore18
Conscript

Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:11 pm

Oh and to piggyback off my last post, French+rebel control in Magdeburg in my save is also over 50%, so it seems that hypothesis is off for why the Berlin depot was working in the other game...

Stratman
Captain

Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:57 am

Spore18 wrote:And here's Magdeburg, which like everywhere else (including Hamburg) in occupied Prussia is not sending or receiving any supplies whatsoever:
Is this a bug? Do occupied depots not work and I should be building French depots in occupied territory? I have no idea what's going on here.

Playing on patch 1.03.

Your loyalty in Magdeburg lower than that of others. Because of this Objective Town Magdeburg is uncontrolled and depots inside do not work.
You have to put inside Magdeburg at least one regular unit to get controll of this town and to start the depots.

But in order for supplies to pass through the regions, you must increase Military Control in these regions.

matt217th
Civilian

Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:27 pm

Stratman wrote:
Spore18 wrote:And here's Magdeburg, which like everywhere else (including Hamburg) in occupied Prussia is not sending or receiving any supplies whatsoever:

Playing on patch 1.03.

Your loyalty in Magdeburg lower than that of others. Because of this Objective Town Magdeburg is uncontrolled and depots inside do not work.
You have to put inside Magdeburg at least one regular unit to get controll of this town and to start the depots.

But in order for supplies to pass through the regions, you must increase Military Control in these regions.

I have just tried this on another game and it works like Stratman says (garrison). If a non objective city along the supply route is not garrisoned by a regular unit, will that also not function as a depot?

Thanks a lot for your help guys, at least we know more about how supply works and can carry on with our adventure!

Spore18
Conscript

Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:33 pm

Stratman wrote:

Playing on patch 1.03.

Oh, that makes a lot of sense actually! I completely forgot that I don't technically control disloyal cities unless I have a garrison in them even if I'm occupying them. Let me do some quick testing to verify that...

Edit: Testing complete, you were entirely correct! It takes no more than a single regiment of infantry for the city to be considered occupied, but if you only leave the captured cannons inside they aren't enough and the depot doesn't work. Will definitely have to keep this in mind in the future.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”