veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Remove arty from minors buildable pool

Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:34 pm

To avoid the mess of having minors build tons of arty, and since it doesn't look like the algorythm can be easliy fixed, I think a simple and clever way to fix that would be to remove all arty from the buildable pools and favor "mixed brigades" : German minors should have only 1 normal battery and 1 horse battery in their pools but have quite a few regular infantry brigades with arty (3Line+1 arty) and without (3line), light infantry brigades witrh arty (3light+1 light arty) and without (3light) + cavalry brigades with arty (2cav+1horse arty) or without (2cav). Depending on how big the minor is, he would also have his guard unit, some heavy and light cav, etc... But the idea would be to remove almost all of the arty from the pool : no more fort or port batteries, hardly any other batteries. Let the AI build units with embedded arty and at least those minor's forces will look somewhat plausible.

PhilThib

Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:24 am

In theory the issue with the fort and coastal batteries should be fixed in 1.03, the build ratio for minors has been dramatically reduced. The suggestion of embedded arty in units is a good one, but this will take some time to implement as it requires revising the whole DB, plus clearing the FP (the last part is easy).

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:41 am

PhilThib wrote:In theory the issue with the fort and coastal batteries should be fixed in 1.03, the build ratio for minors has been dramatically reduced. The suggestion of embedded arty in units is a good one, but this will take some time to implement as it requires revising the whole DB, plus clearing the FP (the last part is easy).

Yeah I know, but at least if time consuming it's not very complicated, whereas the build algorythm looks harder to change. But let's see the 1.03 changes, if they work fine than no need to further changes I suppose.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”