ess1
Lieutenant Colonel

Reforms.

Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:15 am

I see screen showing reforms but where are they given actual details? Should these not be in, say, an appx.?

Also the other screen offer upon payment of EPs just shows a picture with basic info.

Maybe available but perhaps I'm too long in the tooth to find :(

ess1
Lieutenant Colonel

Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:00 am

Anyone?

PhilThib

Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:17 pm

Well, most of the reforms do only one thing (as explained in the manual, but who reads manuals anymore): they add division-size units to your force pools and increase the number of corps and various army supports units your country can get (in other words a nice big force pool improvement). You'll get a few free national modifiers with those.

As a compensation, a large bunch of brigades will be removed from your force pool (if already existing, they'll remain in play but won't be re-buildable).

In short, it will put your nation on a better par with the French

Philsavory
Sergeant

Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:12 pm

PhilThib wrote:Well, most of the reforms do only one thing (as explained in the manual, but who reads manuals anymore): they add division-size units to your force pools and increase the number of corps and various army supports units your country can get (in other words a nice big force pool improvement). You'll get a few free national modifiers with those.

As a compensation, a large bunch of brigades will be removed from your force pool (if already existing, they'll remain in play but won't be re-buildable).

In short, it will put your nation on a better par with the French

Am I the only saddo that prints the manual then? ;)

Straight Arrow
General

Re: Reforms.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:10 pm

Nope, you’re not alone. I also make hard copies, then take the time to go through them with a fine tooth comb.

Because the heart of the Ageod system is the same, regardless of the game, I've been able to deepen my understanding by utilizing and applying information gleaned from different game manuals to the one I'm currently playing.

And thus, if you gaze at your belly button long enough, one can come up with something along the lines of the CW2 “Points to Know.”

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:47 pm

Straight Arrow wrote:

Nope, you’re not alone. I also make hard copies, then take the time to go through them with a fine tooth comb.

Because the heart of the Ageod system is the same, regardless of the game, I've been able to deepen my understanding by utilizing and applying information gleaned from different game manuals to the one I'm currently playing.

And thus, if you gaze at your belly button long enough, one can come up with something along the lines of the CW2 “Points to Know.”

I always read the manual. All of it, except for the more obscure keyboard shortcuts. And I love the nicely printed manuals that used to come with computer games.

Offworlder
General

Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:50 am

So in practice, this would mean that only the Russians can match the French army in any phase of the game, one on one, right? Has anyone advanced far enough with the Russians to confirm this?

It could be a long term fun game :cool:

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”