Papa Thomas
Corporal

Cap finister

Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:39 pm

Why is there a bottle neck on the map at cap finister? The ocean around north west Spain is vast and yet the map on the game makes it so the British can park some ships there and cut off any movement from north to south. Even if you go across the ocean to the Caribbean you still have to go through this bottle neck to approach the English Channel.

Bottle necks are fine as long as they make geographical sense like the channel or Gibraltar. But not in an area where you have the entire Atlantic to avoid combat.

Captain_Orso

Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:06 pm

No bottle neck at all. Simply sail through the Atlantic regions to the west of Cape Finsternes* ;)

*Finster in German means dark and foreboding :blink:

picaron

Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:27 pm

Finisterre (Finis terrae) The ends of the earth in latín = in Latein

:wavey:
Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

Captain_Orso

Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:16 am

Sound pretty close to me ;)

Papa Thomas
Corporal

Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:07 pm

Every time I try to move a ship from tile Oceano Atlantico Norte to Atlantic Ocean tile just north of Cap Finistere, it always makes me go through El Ferrol. I am unable to access the ocean tiles around the maps around the Caribbean.
Maybe I am missing something

Captain_Orso

Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:55 pm

I see what you mean. I think there must be a link missing.

BTW if you have no unit selected, if you hold you mouse pointer over a region and then press and hold the <Shift> key, you see a set of rays going from that region to all neighboring regions which can be directly reached. If a unit is selected, it will show you the rays from that unit.

Papa Thomas
Corporal

Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:45 pm

Captain_Orso wrote:I see what you mean. I think there must be a link missing.

BTW if you have no unit selected, if you hold you mouse pointer over a region and then press and hold the <Shift> key, you see a set of rays going from that region to all neighboring regions which can be directly reached. If a unit is selected, it will show you the rays from that unit.

Thanks orso I forgot about that option

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”