seathom
Colonel

Lieb Vaterland (3 player pbem AAR)

Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:56 pm

Well, I finally mustered enough courage to try to do an AAR. Let's hope I'm up to the technological task. I will be playing the Central Powers (CP) and my two human opponents will be playing my enemies, the Western Entente (WE) and the Eastern Entente (EE). I won't give out their names until they give me permission.

We will be starting with Turn 2 of the Grand Campaign (all war plans were chosen). Since I was asked on the spur of the moment, I chose the Schiefflin Plan because that's the only one I knew by name and did play my one and only campaign as the CP with that plan. I know it will be difficult because I knew my opponents would go after the German Empire first and that's exactly the war plans they chose. Austria Hungary (AH) will go with an attack on Russian and wait on Serbia. The WE will go with the attack on Germany through Luxembourg and the Ardennes while the EE chose all-out attack on Germany with reserves to hold off AH.

The German propaganda poster below (if I inserted the image correctly (hoping on this) translates according to the on-line translator as Dear Fatherland, be like quiet, which I assume means the Kaiser is telling the enemy to be quiet and mind their superiors! This is basically a test to see if I am inserting the image correctly. We are only beginning to enter our orders in today, so stay tuned!

[ATTACH]36083[/ATTACH]

I guess I could have hit the preview button first, but whew, it worked.
Attachments
Snapshot(5).png

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:41 pm

That's the best of all worlds for you. The more the French commit to the forts or Luxemburg, the less is against Belgium and the BEF isn't enough to hold the line. The Russians will fold quickly against the Germans.

seathom
Colonel

Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:01 pm

Admittedly, this is a slow start to the PBEM game, but we are newbies at this and I always have a hard time getting motivated at the beginning of a game. Turn 2 orders were received and was half way done with my moves before realizing I forgot to get screenshots first so can't show positions after the first movement orders or else a spy may reveal my next moves to my erstwhile opponents :bonk:

First a mood enhancer:

[ATTACH]36229[/ATTACH]

EASTERN FRONT:

[color="#006400"]Russia:[/color] This was actually the front that raised my eyebrows. The EE is going aggressive and did enter Gumbingen but a battle did not ensue with troops from both sides sitting there. I waffled a bit with my army in Konigsberg and did not send that to Gumbingen which might have brought battle, but I'm waiting for a pretty decent general named Hindenburg. For starters, I will be just trying to hold the line at minimum on this front with the foreknowledge that a good RGD is always possible. :w00t: The Russians also made incursions into Maseren and Allenstein but did not rush all their troops into the region and wisely left an Army in Kaminiets to possibly blunt my invasion through this route. The center appears weak in the strategically rich cities of Dubno, Rowno and Kowel but my recon is not good enough to know for sure.

[color="#800000"]Serbia:[/color] The Serbians spanned out to guard against all the bridges leaving only the Serbian HQ in Belgrade, which will be sufficient for now, depending on how aggressive the Serbs will be to relieve the AH push into Russia.

PACIFIC FRONT:

Naval warfare right at the beginning. I was fortunate to find an ANZAC fleet:

[ATTACH]36230[/ATTACH]

WESTERN FRONT:

I do not believe in testing strategies out beforehand. For me, that takes the fun out of the game, so with only one campaign under my belt and never playing the WE, I was surprised that they could not move too much, but did organize their Armies very well.

I sent von Quast's F. Korps out to siege Antwerp. Alone, he will not be enough, but for starters, I was OK with this. Von Kluck's 1. Armee gained control of Liege while von Bulow's 2. Armee captured Bruxelles!

Day 10 brought a battle with the Belgian King:

[ATTACH]36231[/ATTACH]

Day 11 finished the battle:

[ATTACH]36232[/ATTACH]

Sitting in Luxembourg are von Hausen's 3. Armee and the 4. Armee of von Wurttemberg to guard against the easy path through this region. Von Preussen's 5. Armee is in Metz with reinforcements and von Bayern's 6. Armee is guarding Morhange. Von Heeringen's 7. Armee is just out of ZOC of Moltke in Colmar guarding against a thrust into Muelhausen.

Objectives Screen:ATTACH]36233[/ATTACH]

I welcome all comments and criticisms and I promise to remember to screenshot my moves and post them in order to more easily understand what the battlefield look like.
Attachments
Turn2(4).png
Turn2(3).png
Turn2(2).png
Turn2(1).png
Snapshot(4).png

seathom
Colonel

Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:13 pm

Late August, 1914:

EASTERN FRONT:

[color="#006400"]Russia:[/color] [color="#FFFFFF"][/color]I'm moving my forces from Gumbinnen area to Loetzen to better defend the fort there. I'm leaving Koenigsberg defended and bringing in more reinforcement while biding my time to draw the Russian forces deeper into Germany to play my RGD.

[ATTACH]36397[/ATTACH]

I'm also bringing more AH troops up slowly towards the Russian border to attack into Poland.

[ATTACH]36398[/ATTACH]

[color="#8B4513"]Serbia:[/color] I'm just holding the line for now and bringing in some reinforcements as they become activated.

[ATTACH]36399[/ATTACH]

WESTERN FRONT:

I'm solidifying the Mons-Bruxelles-Namur line to see if I can draw more WE troops away from the Luxembourg defenses while maintaining MTSG at Namur. The siege in Amsterdam is continuing. Moving a good force to defend the Moiselle River SE of St. Mihel. This will hopefully surprise the WE and force it to defend Nancy as well. Forces are still on the way to Muelhausen to guard against the usual invasion there. Generals that were requested the previous turn are on their way to better organize the armies in the west.

[ATTACH]36400[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]36401[/ATTACH]

Turn resolution will follow immediately.
Attachments
Turn3(2).png
Turn3(1).png
Turn3(5).png
Turn3(4).png
Turn3(3).png

seathom
Colonel

Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:49 pm

Late August, 1914:

I left Sarejevo lightly defended and was taken by the Serbians. Surprisingly, no NM loss.

[ATTACH]36402[/ATTACH]

The French did attack Muelhausen. It was a victory for the Germans, but left our forces there in tatters. It will come down to who can send reinforcements in faster!

[ATTACH]36404[/ATTACH]

Forces in Mons find the BEF while troops in Bruxelles (inside the fort, but ready to sortie if needed) and Namur look to easily outnumber the French forces there.

[ATTACH]36403[/ATTACH]

Forces arrive in Val de Moselle, reinforcements on the way to Muelhausen as it's victorious, but small force tries to valiantly hold.

[ATTACH]36405[/ATTACH]

More troops are needed in Eastern Germany!

[ATTACH]36406[/ATTACH]

Forces arrive in Loetzen as rails are cut to isolate it!

[ATTACH]36407[/ATTACH]

We look to have the numbers along the AH/Russian front:

[ATTACH]36408[/ATTACH][ATTACH]36409[/ATTACH]

... and a waiting game in Serbia

[ATTACH]36410[/ATTACH]

Not much change, overall.

[ATTACH]36411[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Turn4(11).png
Turn4(9).png
Turn4(8).png
Turn4(7).png
Turn4(6).png
Turn4(5).png
Turn4(4).png
Turn4(2).png
Turn4(3).png
Turn4(1).png

seathom
Colonel

Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:23 am

EARLY SEP, 1914

EASTERN FRONT:
[color="#696969"]
Eastern Germany:[/color] The Hoffman event was played; In my first campaign the Russians were not able to step into Germany so this is the first time I really get to see how that event plays out! Hindenburg is to march into Wehlau and Gumbinnen, unfortunately, that supply wagon just north of Gumbinnen is out of reach, but most likely is on its way to the forces, after all, humans don't lose them as easily as the AI does! A reserve division is going to the south of Loetzen to hopefully repair the rails while von Mackensen is setting of to the NE of Thorn to hopefully wipe out the small unit there and be in position to help out in Thorn the next turn. Other units are moving to Elbing to take out the cavalry unit there. Von Below is in charge of the defense of Thorn, but don't expect any fighting there this turn.

[ATTACH]36449[/ATTACH]

[color="#DAA520"][color="#DAA520"]Poland:[/color][/color] Sending units into Ostrau to hopefully defeat the Russians there (upon review, I didn't group the units into the corps so their fighting capabilities won't be as good as they should be). Posen also is being reinforced. A corps is moving from Kielce to Rzin in hopes to militarily control those regions for the eventual push into Poland as other forces move northward too.

[ATTACH]36450[/ATTACH]

[color="#FFFFE0"]AH/Russian Border:[/color] Von Bohm-Ermolli's 2. Armee is moving from Rawa Ruska to just east of Lublin
as a corps moves into Zamosc Fort. Von Frank's 5. Armee stays in Chotin while von Komarow's 7. Armee moves back to Chotin and hopefully defeats Saltza's Army.

[ATTACH]36451[/ATTACH]

The corps in Timisoara is moving to Szeged in hopes of catching the cavalry unit that may be thinking I'm moving to Bazias. My river monitor is moving from Pecs to guard the nearby waterways. A corps from Zemun (Festung Peterwardein) is moving in to relieve Sarajevo while Potoriek's Armee sits there.

[ATTACH]36452[/ATTACH]

[color="#00FFFF"][color="#AFEEEE"]The Mediterranean Front:[/color][/color] I send the Austrian 1. Fleet with 3826 PWR out to the Mediterranean Blockade Box to see what I can see. It's on conservative attack, so hopefully it can scout out for me reasonably well and cause some mischief with a small transport fleet.

[ATTACH]36453[/ATTACH]

WESTERN FRONT:

[color="#0000CD"]France:[/color] von Bulow's 2. Armee is making a dash for Saint Quentin as cavalry corps go to Hazebrouk and Guise. I'm not expecting the BEF to move this turn until reinforcements come from the south. From Bruxelles, one corps moves to keep Mons while another moves into Dinant along with von Kluck's 1. Armee. Both armies are sitting tight in Luxembourg, waiting to see if the French move to relieve the BEF.

[ATTACH]36455[/ATTACH]

The 5. Armee stays in Metz while von Bayern's 6. Armee moves to siege Nancy. The corps in Strassbourg moves to save Muelhausen as does von Heeringen's 7. Armee.

[ATTACH]36456[/ATTACH]

Turn resolution to follow.
Attachments
Snapshot(7).png
Snapshot(6).png
Snapshot(5).png
Snapshot(4).png
Snapshot(3).png
Snapshot(2).png
Snapshot.png

seathom
Colonel

Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:00 pm

EARLY SEP, 1914

[color="#FF0000"]1 Sep, 1914:[/color] The marauding Russian cavalry captures the undefended city of Schneidermuehl.

[color="#FF0000"]2 Sep, 1914:[/color] Didn't I say in the previous post that there wouldn't be any fighting in Thorn? I was wrong and Otto von Below's well-led Korps defeated an exhausted Nikolai Ruzski's Armee, taking 1000 prisoners!

[ATTACH]36502[/ATTACH]

[color="#FF0000"]3 Sep, 1914:[/color] Liborius Ritter von Frank's 5. Armee cannot hold against Anton Salza's Armee in Chotin Fort despite exhibiting better tactical skills, having better entrenchments and inflicting more damage against the enemy and flees to Czernowitz.

[ATTACH]36503[/ATTACH]

[color="#FF0000"]5 Sep, 1914:[/color] A small engagement between Kurt von dem Borne's XXVI Reserve Armee Division and the remaining Russian Kavallerie which showed cowardice and retreated to Turek.

[ATTACH]36504[/ATTACH]

German forces regain Ostrau and German Kavallerie take Moschieki in Russia.

[color="#FF0000"][color="#FF0000"]6 Sep, 1914:[/color][/color] On a busy day of fighting, Alexander von Kluck's 1. Armee defeats Fernand de Langle de Cary's 4. Armee in a close battle. Von Kluck's brilliant leadership, paired with de Cary's men showing cowardice was the difference.

[ATTACH]36505[/ATTACH]

In the race to reinforce Muelhausen, Josias von Heeringen's 7. Armee was well-rested from railing in and defeated Charles Lanrezac's tired and exhausted 5. Armee. We took 600 rifles and 1400 prisoners as both sides stay in Muelhausen.

[ATTACH]36506[/ATTACH]

Back in Chotin Fort, the previously victorious Anton Saltza meets his match in Rudolf Ritter von Brudermann. Despite Saltza's forces being slightly larger and better entrenched as well as exhibiting tactical skills, their exhaustion, coupled with von Bruderman's well-led forces was the difference.

[ATTACH]36507[/ATTACH]

French Kavallerie captures Bastogne.

Karl von Oven's marching XV Reserve Armee Division captures Douai.

AH 1. Armee-Korps captures Rzin.

AH Mortiz Auffenberg von Komarow's marching 4. Armee captures Kaminiets.

[color="#FF0000"]8 Sep, 1914:[/color] Serbian force captures the Strategic City of Travnic while Armeegruppe Krummer recaptures Sarajevo for AH.

[color="#FF0000"]9 Sep, 1914:[/color] Otto Von Below's Korps continues its assault against a much weaker Russian Korps in another busy day of fighting.

[ATTACH]36508[/ATTACH]

I guessed correctly and the enemy Kavallerie Korps did go to Szeged, where they met Rudolf von Osterreich's XIV Korps and their demise, taking 600 rifles and 1400 prisoners.

[ATTACH]36509[/ATTACH]

After squaring off with von Brudermann, there was no rest for the weary and retreating Saltza, as he met up with Moritz Auffenberg von Komarow's 4. Armee in Kaminiets. Although the AH side had to do a river crossing, they were well-rested and well-led and were able to defeat the very exhausted Russian Armee, which, again, demonstrated tactical skill. CP gained 1 NM.

[ATTACH]36510[/ATTACH]

Turn resolution continues in next post. Please feel free to comment so I can improve this AAR.
Attachments
Snapshot(3).png
Snapshot(2).png
Snapshot(1).png
Snapshot.png
Snapshot(12).png
Snapshot(13).png
Snapshot(14).png
Snapshot(15).png
Snapshot(16).png

seathom
Colonel

Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:08 pm

EARLY SEP, 1914 (cont.)
[color="#FF0000"]
10 Sep, 1914:
[/color] Disaster struck in what was supposed to be a routine Kavallerie mission to Hazebrouk to cut the rail lines. This, however, showed my inexperience and reluctance to use this technique often around large forces and I paid for it with a hefty 5 NM loss. The first round was fine, just opposing kavallerie forces and my kavallerie held well. The second round had an Armee Korps MTSG for the CP and 3 British Korps do the same tilting the advantage to the imperialist British invaders. Round 3 had all the kavallerie inactive leaving my one Korps versus the two larger British Korps. Round 4 had the kavallerie returning for both sides, as well as a Reserve Division for the CP with all my force going against Douglas Haig's Kavallerie Korps and taking it out while all the British force was concentrated against my Armee Korps, weakening it further. Round 5 saw a reversal with my Kavallerie Korps being targeted and destroyed while I slightly weakened one of the British Korps. Round 6 was too much for my remaining forces and both Armee Korps and Reserve Division were destroyed. This leaves a big hole in Belgium and I will have to restructure my forces and deal with the evil British forces. Ironically, the engagement occurred from MTSG with the BEF being inactive at start of the turn but nonetheless coming to the aid of their kavallerie force! (this info came from friendly banter with my British enemy). We had 10k prisoners taken and 5k rifles. Revenge will be mine.

[ATTACH]36511[/ATTACH]

Back in Chotin Fort (again), von Komarow (who must have targeted Saltza), caught the Russian Army again and battle ensued. It wasn't an impressive win, with the far larger AH force winning the day.

[ATTACH]36512[/ATTACH]

In the Mediterranean Blockade Box, my AH Fleet met up with a French Fleet and lost a close battle. I don't mind losing two more ships than the WE because this is not my strength and will hurt the WE more if they want to maintain naval supremacy. Also, since I don't receive the replay file due to technical difficulties with the host simultaneously recording turn resolutions, scouting in the Med will take a back seat since the WE did not take the AH fleet lightly and keep small forces around the sea and I won't be able to see what the fleet saw anyways!

[ATTACH]36513[/ATTACH]

[color="#FF0000"]12 Sep, 1914:[/color] Karl von Bulow's 2. Armee arrives in St. Quentin.

Hans von Beseler's Reserve Division, fatigued from fighting in Thorn, still managed to defeat Mrozovsky's exhausted light kavallerie korps.

[ATTACH]36514[/ATTACH]

WE captures Aachen, well behind enemy lines. I have no idea how their forces managed to get that far as I can only see small military control leading from Neufchateau to Aachen (1-16%) so rail was out of the question. They will be dealt with if they stay there.

[color="#FF0000"]14 Sep, 1914:[/color] Another battle in Elbing, this time Max von Boehn's Nord Armee as well as Richard von Conta's IV Korps engage Mrozovsky's Armee Korps, taking 2000 prisoners.

[ATTACH]36514[/ATTACH]

Janko Vucotik's 1. Serbian Korps takes Banja Luka (another Strategic City) and 2100 prisoners.

[ATTACH]36515[/ATTACH]

[color="#FF0000"]15 Sep, 1914:[/color] Russian kavallerie capture Kuestrin.

CP regains control of Elbing.

Paul von Hindenburg's Ober Ost marches past the Russian kavallerie in Wehlau but does catch a much larger Pavel Rennenkampf Armee in Gumbinnen.

[ATTACH]36516[/ATTACH]

Otto von Below wins another small battle in Thorn.

[ATTACH]36517[/ATTACH]

The unfortunate battle in Tournai was a blow to NM, but will be rectified.

[ATTACH]36518[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Snapshot(18).png
Snapshot(11).png
Snapshot(10).png
Snapshot(9).png
Snapshot(8).png
Snapshot(6).png
Snapshot(5).png
Snapshot(4).png

seathom
Colonel

Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:09 am

LATE SEP, 1914

[color="#FF0000"]15, Sep, 1914:[/color] The siege of Antwerp continues. I definitely need to send some idle artillery there to get that second breach before winter sets in. Zamosc Fort in Russia was breached and the walls are down. Germany and A/H print state funds to build up the military during the winter months. Our ambassadors increase support in Romania (75% CP) and Italy (still 47% CP - the WE has an ambassador there too, but a game glitch isn't showing it!).

Disaster strikes the Ober Ost, as an outnumbered Hindenburg loses to Pavel Rennenkampf in the ongoing assault in Gumbinnen.

[ATTACH]36606[/ATTACH]

Novaia Ushitza gets recaptured by Alexander Samsanov's Armee in what is turning into a back and forth game.
[color="#FF0000"]
16, Sep 1914:[/color] A seriously weakened Ober Ost puts up a good defense but loses again to Rennenkamp and must retreat (unfortunately to Goldap as Wehlau was not retaken previously), leaving Koningsburg too lightly defended.

[ATTACH]36607[/ATTACH]

The day slogs on with more bad news in Nancy, von Bayern's 6. Armee inflicts more damage on Dubail's much larger 1. Armee but is defeated as von Pruessen's Armee sits in Val de Moselle as well as the enemy's 3. Armee sits out the battle in Saint Mihel.

[ATTACH]36609[/ATTACH]

[color="#FF0000"]17 Sep, 1914:[/color] More bad news for the CP as von Komarow's larger 4. Armee, which was fatigued and showed cowardice, is defeated in Novaia Usitza by Samsanov.

[ATTACH]36610[/ATTACH]

As Admiral Haus' A/H Fleet attempts to make its way back to our seaports in the Adriatic, it gets caught at Cap Bon by the French Fleet and loses a small engagement, but no ships.

[ATTACH]36611[/ATTACH]

Russian kavallerie captures Tarnopol as our 1. Kavallerie Division destroys the depot at Moscheiki, which will hopefully put a strain on the already overstretched Russian supply chain.

[color="#FF0000"][color="#FF0000"]18 Sep, 1914:[/color][/color] Finally some more good news as von Armin's IV Armee Korps meets up with Augustin Gerard's 2. Armee Korps in Bruxelles and is commanded by the 1. Armee's von Kluk who is sitting in nearby Dinant and gets a much needed victory (albeit, a small one).

[ATTACH]36612[/ATTACH]

[color="#FF0000"]19 Sep, 1914: [/color] Haus' Fleet was in retreat from the previous battle, taking 102 hits and then meets up with the French Fleet again and trades a one ship loss with the enemy.

[ATTACH]36613[/ATTACH]

We repair the rail line in Dinant. A/H 3. Armee regains control of Tarnopol as Russian kavallerie moves east to capture Zlocow.

[color="#FF0000"]21 Sep, 1914:[/color] Von Mackensen's Korps arrives in Osterode and defeats, under the leadership of von Boehn, Marston's Korps'.

[ATTACH]36614[/ATTACH]

[color="#FF0000"]22 Sep, 1914:[/color] Haus' A/H Fleet is having trouble getting out of the area and is stopped by a British Fleet, exchanging one ship loss in the battle.

[ATTACH]36615[/ATTACH]

[color="#FF0000"]24 Sep, 1914:[/color] IV Kavallerie Korps regains Bastogne as Rudolf von Osterreich's Korps regains Banja Luka with the Montenegrin Armee with no cohesion sitting there. We repair the rail line in Elbing.

Russian Kavallerie Division gets routed in Frankfurt and then gets engaged in battle.

[ATTACH]36616[/ATTACH]

... to be continued.
Attachments
pic-10.png
pic-9.png
pic-8.png
pic-7.png
pic-6.png
pic-5.png
pic-4.png
pic-3.png
pic-2.png
pic-1.png

seathom
Colonel

Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:33 am

LATE SEP, 1914 (cont.)

[color="#FF0000"][color="#FF0000"]26 Sep, 1914:[/color][/color] von Kathen's Korps arrives in Lodz and defeats the Russian Korps:

[ATTACH]36617[/ATTACH]

[color="#FF0000"]27 Sep, 1914:[/color] von Plettenberg's Guard Korps arrives in Antwerp bringing in an extra 72 field artillery cannons and 72 medium artillery cannons. Russian militia recaptures Bazias.

[color="#FF0000"][color="#FF0000"]29 Sep, 1914:[/color][/color] Ritter von Frank's exhausted 5. Armee suffers yet another defeat at the hands of Samsanov in Novaia Ushitza.

[ATTACH]36618[/ATTACH]

We are clearly not inflicting enough damage to the Triple Entente and will be going on a spending spree as 2 medium artillery regiments, 1 heavy artillery regiment, 5 infantry divisions and 1 fighter airbase (all German) are expected to come on line the next turn and more infantry and mountain brigades (for the added speed bonus) are due the two turns afterwards.

[ATTACH]36619[/ATTACH][ATTACH]36620[/ATTACH]
Attachments
pic-13.png
pic-14.png
pic-12.png
pic-11.png

seathom
Colonel

Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:01 am

Sometimes I can really kick myself in the pants! I was preparing the AAR to show my moves and I received the ords from the host and promptly put it into the game and opened it up. Needless to say, I won't be showing my moves, just the turn resolution.

EARLY OCT, 1914

[color="#FF0000"]1 Oct, 1914: [/color] The enemy repairs the lone breach in Antwerpen. Our diplomat in Bulgaria was unsuccessful, but those in Romania (78% CP) and Italy (49% CP) are successful. Von Heeringen's 7. Armee surprisingly lost to Lanrezac's Armee in Muelhausen (and lost 1 NM) but manages to maintain the area and forces the "victors" to retreat to Belfort.

[ATTACH]36815[/ATTACH]

Von Nadas' 12. Armee-Korps assaults Zamosc Fort but is unable to dislodge the remaining few artillerymen. Why the defensive bonus for defending in a breached fort?

[ATTACH]36816[/ATTACH]

We regain control of Aachen while Picquart's depleted IX Korps sits there for the taking. We also regain Novaia Ushitza and its depot along the Russian/AH border.
[color="#FF0000"][color="#FF0000"]
4 Oct, 1914:[/color][/color] The battered AH Fleet trades another 5 ships with the British at the Bay of Bizerte (Tunis).

[ATTACH]36817[/ATTACH]

Von Bulow's Armee is defeated in Douai as my troubles in the north continue.

[ATTACH]36818[/ATTACH]

[color="#FF0000"][color="#FF0000"]6 Oct, 1914:[/color][/color] Another loss for the AH Fleet, buy very minor engagement. WE captures Douai after battle.

[color="#FF0000"]9 Oct, 1914:[/color] Another loss for the AH Fleet. This time to the French with no ship losses for either side.

[ATTACH]36819[/ATTACH]

[color="#FF0000"][color="#FF0000"][color="#FF0000"]10 Oct, 1914:[/color][/color][/color] Russian Kavallerie escaped Berlin and managed to take Potsdam temporarily.

[color="#FF0000"][color="#FF0000"]12 Oct, 1914:[/color][/color] AH Fleet loses another engagement to the French and 2 more ships. My useless voyage into the Mediterranean Blockade Box has caused major headaches and probably the destruction of the Austrian Fleet (and NM). Oh well, I wanted to experiment!

[color="#FF0000"][color="#FF0000"]13 Oct, 1914:[/color][/color] We regain control of Kustrin and Serbians capture Zvornik, but send some forces away from armee's that can MTSG.

14 Oct, 1914: Von Bulow's Armee loses at Saint Quentin. [ATTACH]36822[/ATTACH][ATTACH]36823[/ATTACH]

But look at the 3rd (and final) round action! Anyone know why the discrepancies on both sides with the manpower/cohesion losses not reflecting true math?
Attachments
pic-9.png
pic-8.png
pic-5.png
pic-4.png
pic-3.png
pic-2.png
pic-1.png

seathom
Colonel

Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:30 pm

ALL NOT QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT

Here is the situation with the moves for Late October, 1914:

[color="#8B4513"]BELGIUM[/color] and [color="#A9A9A9"]WESTERN GERMANY[/color]:

Von Quast's Korps is railing into [color="#A9A9A9"]Aachen[/color] to help the Dortmund Reserve with an all-out assault on the depleted French IX Korps (reportedly just kavallerie).

Von Wurttemberg's inactive 4. Armee is moving to [color="#8B4513"]Namur[/color] to siege and provide better defense of Namur-Bruxelles.

Unfortunately, von Plettenberg's Garde-Korps is relieving the siege of [color="#8B4513"]Antwerpen[/color] as we have lost our one breach and his forces are better used in the defense of [color="#8B4513"]Bruxelles[/color] to stand side by side with von Luchow's Korps. Back in [color="#40E0D0"]Douai[/color], von Bulow's defeated Armee is railiing back to [color="#8B4513"]Bruxelles[/color] and should be there in three days. Von Kluck's 1. Armee (long forgetting the lost opportunity when we were in Saint Quentin and planning our assault on Paris) will rail back in two days to [color="#8B4513"]Bruxelles[/color].

The IV Kavallerie Korps is railing from [color="#8B4513"]Bastogne[/color] to [color="#A9A9A9"]Mainz[/color] to beef up von Moltke's OHL, which is only half-built so far and in need of two more officers.

This strategy will leave [color="#8B4513"]Antwerpen[/color] open for British relief forces but I don't think the British have much to spare as they have two forces in France right now and I should be able to repel a landing from the Bruxelles-Namur line, plus the rails have been destroyed in [color="#8B4513"]Genthe[/color] and [color="#8B4513"]Ostende[/color] which will now slow down any British advance.

The British forces in [color="#FF0000"]Lille[/color] and [color="#FF0000"]Saint Quentin[/color] are much weaker now and will not likely try an advance into Bruxelles (although I can hope!). My recon shows only artillery in [color="#00FFFF"]Mauberge[/color] and two kavallerie divisions in Guise which will probably be needed to beef up the victorious, but also very weakened Entente forces.

While looking at the situation now, I have a feeling the WE may use de Langle de Cary's 4. Armee in [color="#00FFFF"]Dinant[/color] and Gallieni's Armee in [color="#00FFFF"]Sedan[/color] to either launch a risky attack on von Kluck or move their troops to [color="#8B4513"]Namur[/color]. As the rail is destroyed in [color="#8B4513"]Namur[/color] and the CP has 100% MC in [color="#8B4513"]Dinant[/color], I feel this will be safe enough for this turn and may be able to turn the tide of war in the North back to our favor once I have units that can MTSG actually in range of each other which I have failed to do so far in the war.

[ATTACH]36930[/ATTACH]

[color="#00FFFF"]CENTRAL FRANCE:[/color]

Von Hausen's Armee is staying put (entrenchment level 3) in [color="#A9A9A9"]Luxembourg[/color].

Festung [color="#A9A9A9"]Thionville[/color] does have 62,000 men, PWR of 504 and entrenchment level 8 so should be able to repel any assault, especially with Armee's to the north and south of it.

Although von Bayern's Armee in [color="#A9A9A9"]Val de Moselle[/color] is in a strong defensive position, it is not in good offensive position since the failed attack in Nancy so it will be marching to [color="#A9A9A9"]Metz[/color] in hopefully 15 days (with the mud, doubtful). Von Pruesen's 5. Armee will stay in [color="#A9A9A9"]Metz[/color].

Von Moltke's OHL is staying in [color="#A9A9A9"]Mainz[/color] and receiving more troops every day and should be able to help out where needed very soon.

[ATTACH]36931[/ATTACH]

[color="#00FFFF"]SOUTHERN FRANCE:[/color]

[color="#A9A9A9"]Morhange[/color] is undefended and [color="#A9A9A9"]Saarburg's Festung[/color] is lightly defended with 136 PWR but should be safe this turn.

A militia division is railing from Freiburg to [color="#A9A9A9"]Colmar[/color] to put a pause in any Entente thoughts from Epinal.

In [color="#A9A9A9"]Muelhausen[/color], von Heeringen's 7. Armee is staying put. He is in need of 3 more officers and I just noticed that the Muelhausen Garrison (1 officer) and the Koniglische Wurttemberg Armee (2 officers) are marching back to [color="#A9A9A9"]Strassburg[/color] with their officers! Oy vey, that is wasted time to get those generals back to the 7. Armee where they belong!

[ATTACH]36932[/ATTACH]
Attachments
pic-3.png
pic-2.png
pic-1.png

seathom
Colonel

Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:26 pm

And now the situation in Germany and Eastern Front

CENTRAL GERMANY

The Russian kavallerie division in Potsdam is weakened and either needs to go home for repairs or be destroyed. The garrison in Berlin is strong enough to defend so I'm sending von Malachowski's General Korps to Cottbus to catch it there as all the surrounding cities with depots are well defended. The only open path is to Fuerstenwalde and it may not be able to get that far because of the mud. An infantry division from Magdeburg is railing to Potsdam to get the arsenal back up and running.

[ATTACH]36959[/ATTACH]

EASTERN GERMANY

Ruzski's 3. Armee in Wloclawek will probably not attack Thorn without help especially if they see just over 900 PWR sitting there with mud all over Germany. Will they give up Lodz and attack Thorn? Doubtful. The road to Warsaw would become much easier. I'm betting on him cutting the rails with a detached infantry division and moving just to the south of Thorn and attempt another rail cutting there with the bulk of his armee.

I am taking a bit of a risk and rail von Boehn's Nord Armee (754 PWR) to Lodz, where I do have 40% MC and should be there in 7 days; he's on defensive posture. I am also railing von Hindenburg's Ober Ost (1142 PWR) from Konigsberg to Lodz and should be there in 14 days; he's on offensive posture and hopefully will get into battle before the turn ends. My two forces just to the sw of Lodz are both railing back to Posen. I should have had the Reserve Armee Division (290 PWR) march into Lodz too in 13 days, but that was a mistake on my part.

[ATTACH]36960[/ATTACH]

Loetzen is lightly defended (84 PWR, entrenchment 8) and will likely fall to the advancing Russians who will be isolated from the north thanks to their rail cuttings. Konigsberg is well defended and the garrison has 360 PWR with entrenchment 8) with assorted other units inside too. I'm sending my kavallerie towards Memel but it won't make it across the river, which may be a good thing since the Russian kavallerie unit could make it there first and will probably try to take Wehlau and Memel this turn. I am sending a militia division to Wehlau to maybe repair rails if it survives any battle.

[ATTACH]36961[/ATTACH]

AH - RUSSIA BORDER

Both Warsaw (Czar is located there) and Ivanograd look lightly defended.

A large armee is in Crasnik with 4 korps and a lot of supply. Will it relieve the not really important Zamosc Fort that I severely crippled but they still hold? Will it move to Rawa Ruska where I have two armee's? My bet is that it will return to Lublin where the Ivanograd Armee (although poorly manned) could help in support. The only other armee I see is in Dubno and only half-sized. If it moves towards that, the Russians risk cutting themselves in two.

I'm not risking von Nadas' 12. Armee-Korps to take over Fort Zamosc and it will be marching back to Przesmyl for replacements. I am leaving von Krasnik's 1. Armee in Rawa Ruska and marching von Boehm-Ermolli's 2. Armee (712 PWR) on offensive posture to Dubno and could reach it in 14 days. Von Brudermann's 3. Armee in Kremenetz is marching to Dubno in 5 days on defensive posture.

The 2. Kavallerie Division is railing to Busk to try to catch the Russian Kavallerie there instead of moving to Kremenetz to fix the rails there. The Russian kavallerie just south of Lemberg will probably cut the rails and unfortunately I did not send anyone over there.

Von Hotzendorf's K.U.K. is in Przesmyl with troops pouring in to bring it up to full-strength from it's current half-strength.

[ATTACH]36964[/ATTACH]

ROMANIAN BORDER

With two armee's and a battered korps in Kaminiets, I have a few good choices to make. The other Russian armee is not seen and was badly beaten so it is probably regrouping (maybe in Vinnitza?). Since the Russians were able to take Chotin Fort, I don't want to advance towards Vinnitza until my supply path is safe and having two armee's way out there don't seem to be too good of an idea. I could retake Chotin Fort, but that will wait. The battered korps is railing to Czernowitz for replacements. The 177,000 men (1102 PWR) of the two armee's will be railed to Kremenetz to give that area a lot of muscle which the Russians will be hard-pressed to match. This will leave the area lightly defended, but for now that will be safe and changes could be made next turn.

SERBIA

Not much is happening on this front. I am moving a militia unit in the south to recapture a city and then fix the rails. Armeegruppe Krummer is railing from Sarajevo to Debrecen to either reinforce the northern front or Serbian front. Another militia unit is moving from Banja Luka to recapture another city and a korps is moving back to Banja Luka to get back on the rail line. Should be no fighting here as several Serbian units are off the rail system and will be moving slowly and they must defend Belgrade. It's possible Putnik's Korps will take Temesvar (it is a strategic city), but it will have to cross a river to do so. It would not be a bad idea for the EE, as that would have to draw more of my forces away from Russia. Now I wish I would have moved that korps to Temesvar instead of Debrecen!

[ATTACH]36965[/ATTACH]

MEDITERRANEAN SEA

My Austrian Fleet continues to get beaten down while trying to find its way back to home port. Lesson learned about the bottleneck around Sicily!
Attachments
pic-8.png
pic-7.png
pic-6.png

seathom
Colonel

Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:52 am

LATE OCT, 1914

Our ambassadors in Holland (47% CP), Afghanistan (58% CP) and Romania (81% CP) were successful. We'll try again to get our ambassador in Bulgaria (56% CP). Italy (49% CP), USA (76% CP), Ottomans (82% CP), Portugal (13% CP) and Persia (61% CP) are the only nations involved in the diplomatic struggle, now that the WE signed the Anglo-Japanese accord and Japan has entered the war on the wrong side. AI Japan never leaves the East Asian Seas, I wonder if a human player will be able to get the Japanese Fleet and Army over to Africa or Europe? We'll have to see!

WESTERN FRONT:

BELGIUM:

Von Quast's Korps left Antwerpen for Aachen but was unable to catch the French IX Korps (Kavallerie). He saw them in Koeln, but gave us the slip and ended up in Bonn to capture it (well, at least for this turn). The French Korps is very weak and probably out of supply and unable to rail anywhere, they better hope for continued good weather in west Germany as any farther east has storms, deep cold and harsh weather!

Our forces were unable to catch the french kavallerie in Liege and they managed to take the city while our forces are besieging Namur, which has 269 PWR inside the level 1 Fort.

The entente repaired the line in Ostende and most likely will be doing the same in Genthe in an attempt to re-open the line to Antwerpen; this will not be tolerated. Since I cannot see where the two British units are, they can possibly be in Ostende or Brugge, so I will have to make sure I send a large force up there to prevent that from happening.

NORTHERN FRANCE:

The British units may also be in Lille. I don't think they'd go any further south because that would expose their northern flank and they want Antwerpen.

The French artillery unit in Mauberge now has two regular units inside the city while the kavallerie stays in Guise. De Langle de Cary's 4. Armee stayed in Dinant and has been joined by Gallieni's Armee. Would they dare try to take Namur with 1790 PWR sitting in Bruxelles and presumably getting stronger with replacements, plus the fact they'd have to take a river crossing penalty from Dinant? Most likely not, the WE was burned by a river crossing earlier and is rather shy now about taking it again with those odds. Charleroi is up for the taking and this would allow land passage to Bruxelles; a very lucrative possibility for the enemy. Sedan now has a full-strength armee with 8 artillery units attached to it (most field artillery, from what I've been told). Will all three armee's attempt to breakthrough Namur? It would be very close and depend a lot on MTSG. I do not think the British would be able to join in and the WE has been unusually conservative on their attacks so far. Most likely candidate is a move on Charleroi, in my opinion.

[ATTACH]36981[/ATTACH]

CENTRAL FRANCE:

Von Hausen's Armee has stayed put in Luxembourg and now oversees Castelnau's Armee in Longwy.

Festung Thionville now looks much safer with only one French Armee directly across from it by river.

Von Bayern's Armee did make it to Metz in time and joins von Pruessen's well-rested armee, von Gebsattel's korps and a strong garrison inside the level 2 fort, but did take cohesion loss and needs to sit a turn.

Across the river from Metz, Ruffey's 3. Armee sits along with another armee in Nancy. With almost 2000 PWR in Metz, will the French feel like touching German soil??

Back in Mainz, von Moltke's OHL is more than ready to lend a hand (but is in need of two more generals to get to full-strength). I assume the WE does not know the strength of the OHL other than from communique's with myself (loose lips may sink more than ships), but they won't know where he may go until too late!

[ATTACH]36982[/ATTACH]

SOUTHERN FRANCE:

I don't think much has changed. Moorhange remains undefended. Saarburg with 136 PWR entrenchment 8 inside a level 2 fort, Colmar with only a militia unit in defense and the 7. Armee alone in Muelhausen with a need for those 3 generals that didn't stay put!

Belfort does have a substantial advantage across the river. Lanrezac's Armee is inside the fort with a moderate force sitting outside.
Attachments
Nov-2.png
Nov-1.png

seathom
Colonel

Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:52 am

(CONT.) LATE OCT, 1914

CENTRAL GERMANY:

Von Malakowski's Korps did catch the Russian kavallerie in Potsdam. It took 2 assaults but did manage to put an end to that kavallerie division, took 1000 prisoners and recaptured that important city with its arsenal.

EASTERN GERMANY:

The Russian armee in Wloclawek stayed put and did not attempt to cut the rails south of Posen!

As for Lechitsky's 9. Armee, it also stayed in Lodz and faced von Hindenburg's Ober Ost in battle.

[ATTACH]36992[/ATTACH]

Even with 200% entrenchment, the 9. Armee (162 PWR) retreated to Kolo, including Mischenkow's intact korps (324 PWR) and a kavallerie korps (48 PWR) leaving only a garrison inside Lodz (23 PWR) being besieged.

[ATTACH]36984[/ATTACH]

It would seem that these two armee's will need to make their stand in a poorly fortified Warsaw and regroup there. An attack into Lodz would end in certain defeat for the Russians. Thorn looks to be safe, but will be reinforced.

To my surprise, Loetzen remains in our hands. The force to the west did not move and must be quite small (regular unit & artillery) since it only acquired 7% MC. The unit to the east retreated back into Russia. This is a very good sign that Russia is having to regroup (sounds like me the last 2 or 3 turns!). My kavallerie unit did escape out of Rossieny and will be in Memel in 13 days. My militia unit was untouched in Wehlau and can now rebuild the rails there. The forces on the Russian side of the border look to be light and they will need to hope for a long winter!

[ATTACH]36985[/ATTACH]

AH - RUSSIAN BORDER:

The armee in Crasnik did not move. On the way from Rawa Ruska to Dubno, von Boehm-Ermolli's 2. Armee wiped out four cossack brigades and captured 6 recon planes of the Czar's Air Fleet in two separate battles. Von Brudermann's 3. Armee reached Dubno first and took one for the team in a close battle. I haven't used synchronized movement before, but maybe it would be worth the effort to try it next time! Although I think multiple stacks must start in the same region to do that and that was not the case here.

[ATTACH]36986[/ATTACH]

Von Boehm-Ermolli's 2. Armee did make it to Dubno on time even after fighting two small battles to get there. It was another close battle for the Russians, but having twice as many men available to fight must have been the difference for a victory and forcing the Russians to retreat to Rowno.

[ATTACH]36987[/ATTACH]

The 2. Kavallerie did catch the Russian kavallerie in Busk and won a battle, but the Russians were able to retreat.

Von Hotzendorf's K.U.K. is not ready after I separated the Festung forces from his so he'll need more time to gather units.

Von Krasnik's 1. Armee (971 PWR) is in Rawa Ruska.
Von Komarow's 4. Armee (600 PWR) is in Kremenetz.
Von Frank's 5. Armee (431 PWR) is in Kremenetz.
Von Bon-Ermolli's 2. Armee (239 PWR) is in Dubno.
Von Brudermann's 3. Armee (187 PWR) is in Dubno.

As I stated, the Russian armee in Crasknik looks to be strong (maybe 800-1000 PWR?) and the Russian forces in Rowno total 311 and they are split off from each other.

[ATTACH]36990[/ATTACH]

ROMANIAN BORDER:

This area was quiet - nothing happened.

SERBIA:

As expected, nothing really happened here. The Serbians did move one of their forces back into Belgrade and the other force moved next to it. Temesvar was safe.

NAVAL ENGAGEMENTS:

After having written off the Austrian Fleet, somehow it managed to evade the British and French Fleets and made it back to Cattaro with 64 ships. It will take a lot of replacements, but I did not lose a single NM during all those losses so I really escaped a disaster there!

I forgot to mention that my Asia Division took a chance to take a swipe at a lone British ship off it's port. This is what happened....

[ATTACH]36991[/ATTACH]

Amazingly, no NM loss! Von Spee miraculously navigated the remaining 6 ships all the way to Dar Es Salaam in German East Africa. Word has it that Von Spee swam the last 26 miles after the last ship sank. This cannot be verified. He is now recuperating in a hospital for 2 months.
Attachments
Nov-3.png
Nov-10.png
Nov-8.png
Nov-7.png
Nov-6.png
Nov-5.png
Nov-4.png

Field Marshal Hotzendorf
Captain

Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:12 pm

I can't believe that the British didn't lose a single ship?

seathom
Colonel

Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:15 pm

Pretty amazing naval battle for only one round! I assume the lone British Battle Cruiser and the 8 destroyers made the difference and there were just too many enemy ships targeting the German ships. I also guess having the wind gauge was not that big of a modifier either. Considering the luck I had with the Austrian Fleet being nearly demolished and not losing a single NM point more than makes up for this engagement.

seathom
Colonel

Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:09 pm

EARLY NOV 1914

WESTERN FRONT

BELGIUM:

Von Kluck's 1. Armee sent from Bruxelles to Antwerpen. This move weakens my Bruxelles position and put's von Kluck in a difficult position if both British forces happen to move to Antwerp, but I don't think the WE will risk having them cut off.

I am sending von Luchow's artillery-heavy X Armee-Korps to help von Wurttemburg's 4. Armee, which is short on artillery to help siege Namur.

Von Moltke's OHL railing from Mainz to Bastogne because the muddy ground in Briey called off the planned assault there and this will boost the northern half of our front line.

Von Quast's Korps railing from Koeln to Liege to siege the city.

FRANCO-GERMAN BORDER:

Von Pruessen's 5. Armee railing from Metz to Colmar to beef up a possible invasion into that poorly defended city. A possible assault into Briey put on hold because of the muddy ground there. Other units also moving into Colmar and will be sorted out next turn.

No other movements on this front.

[ATTACH]37163[/ATTACH]

EASTERN FRONT

EASTERN GERMANY:

Von Beseler's Korps moving from Koenigsberg to Wehlau to rebuild the rail and keep the Russians away from the area.

1. Kavallerie Korps continuing to brace the harsh weather for the warm confines of Memel and its depot.

von Woyrsch's II Armee-Reserve Division railing from Posen to beef up the Thorn defenses.

Von Kathen's Korps railing from Posen to Piotrkow to hopefully take that city on the eventual path to Warsaw.

A lone infantry division moving from Halle in Central Germany to beef up the Koenigsberg defenses.

Two transport divisions are sailing from Kiel to Danzig on its way for a planned naval invasion of Petrograd next year?

[ATTACH]37165[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]37166[/ATTACH]

AH-RUSSIAN BORDER:

2. Kavallerie Division moving from Busk to Lemberg in hopes of catching Mrozovsky's V. Korps.

Von Frank's 5. Armee railing from Kremenetz to Lemberg for replacements.

Von Komarow's 4. Armee railing from Kremenetz to Dubno to assist in siege.

Supply and Ammo trains railing to Tarnopol for restocking.

Von Boehm-Ermolli's 2. Armee staying put in Dubno while von Brudermann's 3. Armee rails to Tarnopol for replacements.

[ATTACH]37167[/ATTACH]

SERBIA:

Armeegruppe Kummer railing from Debrecen to Timisoara for possible assault across river to Serbia.

Von Osterreich's XIV Korps railing from Banja Luka to beef up Potiorek's Armee in Festung Peterweidein.

Von Wurm's Korps moving from Banja Luka to retake Zvornik.

[ATTACH]37168[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Snapshot(5).png
Snapshot(4).png
Snapshot(3).png
Snapshot(2).png
Snapshot(1).png

seathom
Colonel

Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:48 am

LATE NOV, 1914

[color="#FFF0F5"]The diplomatic situation as it currently stands: USA 75%CP; Ottoman's 83%CP; Italy 47%CP; Bulgaria 54%CP as our diplomat continued to fail to call on their government; Romania 82%CP; Holland 48%CP; Portugal 12%CP; Persia 61%CP; Afghanistan 58%CP.[/color]

WESTERN FRONT:

[color="#8B4513"]BELGIUM:[/color]

The British have reinforced Antwerpen and they do have their fleet off the coast to bombard when we attack, so we will settle in with a siege. Von Kluck's 1. Armee has our super-heavy artillery and a total of 552 cannons so hopefully it can be a fast siege.

Charleroi would be nice to keep in our hands or else the French will be able to attack Bruxelles from multiple sides; I'll see if that city is feasible to hold.

Von Bulow's Armee and a korps are sitting in Bruxelles. Von Wurttemberg's Armee and a korps are sieging Namur with no breach and von Quast's Korps is sieging Liege with no breach. Von Moltke's OHL is in Bastogne.

[color="#0000FF"]
NORTHERN FRANCE:[/color]

De Langle de Cary's 4. Armee and Gallieni's Armee are sitting in Dinant while another armee is in Sedan facing off against my Bruxelles/Namur line.

[ATTACH]37189[/ATTACH]
[color="#0000FF"]
CENTRAL FRANCE:[/color]

Von Hausen's Armee sits in Luxembourg facing off against de Castlenau's Armee in Longwy and Dubail and Lanrezac's Armee's across the river in Briey. Briey cannot attack Luxembourg without going through Longwy or Thionville. We are obviously outnumbered here.

Von Bayern's Armee is in Metz with an assortment of other units to re-arrange while Ruffey's 3. Armee is across the river in Saint Mihiel. The two armee's in Briey can also attack across the river.

[ATTACH]37190[/ATTACH]

[color="#0000FF"]SOUTHERN FRANCE:[/color]

Small forces are in Nancy and Epinal while Joffre's Armee and Cesar Pau's VIII Korps are in Belfort. We have a small force in Saarburg, quite a few troops getting replacements in Strassburg, von Pruessen's 5. Armee in Colmar and von Heeringen's 7. Armee in Muelhausen along with a general korps. I continue to move my troops around to keep the WE off-balance. Hopefully this works. In my private communique's with the WE leader, I did let him know this was my strategy.

[ATTACH]37191[/ATTACH]

EASTERN FRONT:

[color="#006400"]NORTHERN RUSSIAN BORDER:[/color]

The 1. Kavallerie Division did make it back to Memel for replacements. The rail was repaired in Wehlau and von Beseler's Korps is sitting there. A small Russian force is in Gumbinnen and will be hard-pressed to maintain their position. A small Russian force, with artillery, is guarding Mlawa. A few infantry divisions are in Koenigsberg for reserve.

[ATTACH]37192[/ATTACH]

[color="#DAA520"]POLISH BORDER:[/color][color="#FFF0F5"][/color]

Thorn is facing off against a slightly smaller force but is safeguarded by the river. A reinforcement korps in Schneidemuehl finished repairing the rail and will be moved somewhere. Von Hindenburg's Ober Ost and von Boehn's Nord Armee breached the walls of Lodz as von Kathen's Korps took the last city before Warsaw. The Russian 3 and 5 Armee's are in Turek to the west of Lodz and their 9 Armee is to the north. We actually have a slight PWR advantage, von Hindenburg and level 2 entrenchment in Lodz. Will the Russians try to save Lodz or fall back to Warsaw?

[ATTACH]37193[/ATTACH]

[color="#006400"]AH-RUSSIAN BORDER:[/color][color="#FFF0F5"][/color]

Von Komarow's 4. Armee and von Bohm-Ermolli's 2. Armee breached the walls of Fort Dubno as Saltza's 4. Armee and several korps are defending in Rowno against us. Our 3. Armee is resting in Tarnopol. Von Frank's 5. Armee is ready in Lemberg as well as von Krasnik's 1. Armee in Rawa Ruska. What looks to be another Russian Armee is to the east of Lublin. Russian kavallerie has retaken Kaminiets and Novaia Ushitza. We do have a korps in Cernowitz but may continue to wait for one of its leaders to become activated so it can achieve korps command.

[ATTACH]37194[/ATTACH]
[color="#8B4513"]
SERBIA:[/color]

Von Falkenfeld's Banat Grenzer has reached Timisoara as the Serbian militia cut the rails to slow our advance.

The face-off in Belgrade continues.

Von Wurm's Korps is in the process of retaking Zvornik and it's important depot.

[ATTACH]37195[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Snapshot(12).png
Snapshot(11).png
Snapshot(10).png
Snapshot(9).png
Snapshot(8).png
Snapshot(7).png
Snapshot(6).png

seathom
Colonel

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:16 pm

LATE NOV. 1914 (ORDER PHASE)

WESTERN FRONT

[color="#8B4513"]BELGIUM[/color] AND [color="#0000FF"]NORTHERN FRANCE[/color]

Leopold von Bayern was called up from Berlin in the most recent New General RGD and is being railed to Liege with an infantry korps to build a new armee. A Kavallerie Korps is detached from Antwerpen to Liege along with an infantry korps from Strassburg. All these will meet up with von Quast's korps that is curently besieging Liege.

Although I would like to put forces back into Charleroi for defense, I opted to cut the land path off to Antwerpen and moved a strong korps north of Bruxelles to Mechelen.

In an effort to keep the WE off-balanced, I am railing an inactive Moltke from Bastogne to Thionville where other forces from around Germany will also be sent.

[ATTACH]37270[/ATTACH]

[color="#0000FF"]CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN FRANCE[/color]

In addition to the OHL, the 5. Armee from Colmar and the 7. Armee from Muelhausen are also railing to Thionville. Thionville is well-situated between Luxembourg and Metz to enable MTSG in case of an attack (which is much more likely overland via Luxembourg).

A korps is also railing from Metz to Muelhausen to keep that area secure.

[ATTACH]37271[/ATTACH]

EASTERN FRONT

[color="#008000"]NORTHERN RUSSIAN BORDER[/color]

Von Beseler's Korps will hold fast in Wehlau and will receive more infantry troops from Koenigsberg and a general from Thorn as the kavallerie korps goes from Memel to Koenigsberg for replacements.

[ATTACH]37272[/ATTACH]
[color="#DAA520"]
POLISH BORDER[/color]

The korps from Schneidermuehl is railing to Posen along with some units from Mainz to act as a reserve.

The forces in Thorn were moved around for a better defense outside of the fort.

The Ober Ost and Nord Armee both go on all-out assault on a breached Lodz. The Russian units to the north and west are welcome to come to the aid of Lodz, but I believe they will probably try to relieve beef-up Warsaw.

The korps in Piotrkow will stay put. I did not want to risk moving closer to Warsaw and I was weary of sending it back to Lodz and receive a cross-river combat penalty.

It is possible the Russian unit to the east of Lodz will move south to cut off supply in Lodz, but the assault will be over and I will be able to fix that if this occurs.

[ATTACH]37273[/ATTACH]

[color="#FFFFFF"]AH[/color]-[color="#008000"]RUSSIAN BORDER[/color][color="#FFF0F5"][/color]

Very little movement on this front. I am sending two kavallerie units out of Tarnopol - one to Lemberg and the other to Krakau.

The 4. Armee in Dubno is going on all-out assault while the 2. Armee is on defensive posture.

[ATTACH]37274[/ATTACH]

[color="#8B4513"]SERBIA[/color]

The korps in Timisoara is railing to Sarajevo to possibly join in a battle in Zvornik. A korps in Festung Peterwardein is railing to Zvornik to beef up the besieging korps that appears to have the Montenegrin Army (PWR 252) holed up there.

[ATTACH]37275[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Snapshot(6).png
Snapshot(5).png
Snapshot(4).png
Snapshot(3).png
Snapshot(2).png
Snapshot(1).png

seathom
Colonel

Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:43 am

LATE NOV, 1914 (TURN RESOLUTION)

AAR Update: A few turns back, we started having file transfer problems. All of a sudden, files I was sending were being encrypted and in return, they were being sent back to me encrypted. Winzip 20 help desk was unable to help me but the host and I were able to struggle through a few turns with both of us redoing orders once or twice and trying all sorts of things to get the game working. This last time, a new wrinkle occurred. The only move orders that worked were the hosts, so the EE and CP orders were negated and both sides had to settle for a status quo (although that did hurt my chances in Zvornik) and didn't help in taking Lodz. How it affected the EE, I don't know. We are going to give the game another try and hope we can work it out so all players moves will work; if not, we will be forced to end the game. So, here is the turn resolution and overall picture of the fronts:

WESTERN FRONT: No battles occurred on this front.

[color="#8B4513"]Belgium:[/color] Unfortunately, on my second orders attempt, I had moved three units into Mechelen which probably would have resulted in a big battle and I had a good chance to win it; however this is the outcome now. Also, last turn was clear, now we have snow on the ground.

[ATTACH]37518[/ATTACH]

[color="#0000FF"]French Border:[/color] Nothing to report on.

[ATTACH]37519[/ATTACH]

EASTERN FRONT
[color="#008000"]
Northern Russian Border:[/color] Status quo.

[ATTACH]37520[/ATTACH]

[color="#FFD700"]Poland:[/color] An inconclusive continuation of battle in Lodz because I couldn't assault and EE couldn't possibly reinforce.

[ATTACH]37521[/ATTACH]

[color="#008000"]Southern Russian Border:[/color] Status quo.

[ATTACH]37522[/ATTACH]

[color="#8B4513"]Serbian Border:[/color] A small Austrian loss and retreat in what was a besieged Zvornik that would have been reinforced, but c'est la vie!

[ATTACH]37523[/ATTACH]

We're just treating this as stuff happens in war (and games) and will hope to be able to continue our game. I'm off to do my orders for early December. See you in a few days!
Attachments
Snapshot(6).png
Snapshot(5).png
Snapshot(4).png
Snapshot(3).png
Snapshot(2).png
Snapshot(1).png

seathom
Colonel

Forced to terminate game

Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:09 am

Unfortunately, we were unable to fix the problem that Winzip 20 had with encrypting the ords. I've even tried taking it off my computer and just using WinRar, but the problem persisted. Hopefully, soon, I will just get an up-to-date computer and not have this problem and could try another PBEM game.

seathom
Colonel

Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:49 pm

Since the PBEM game was forced to retire due to technical difficulties, I decided to continue the game against Athena. Admittedly, not nearly as exciting, but I will see the game to an end. To my delight, I was able to process the turn and was allowed to let Athena take over from my human opponents. Not surprisingly, she made some moves that I can guarantee my opponents would not have done, but let's see what the results are.

LATE DECEMBER, 1914

The diplomatic situation as it currently stands: USA 78%CP; Ottoman's 90%CP; Italy 52%CP; Bulgaria 52%CP and our diplomat finally succeeded to call on their government; Romania 86%CP; Holland 50%CP; Portugal 6%CP; Persia 61%CP; Afghanistan 62%CP.

Britain unlawfully decides to seize shipping from independent and neutral nations; a clear violation of international law!

[ATTACH]37817[/ATTACH]

Von Moltke voluntarily retires to allow younger blood to defeat the treacherous enemy and receive the glory of the fatherland.

[ATTACH]37818[/ATTACH]

WESTERN FRONT

[color="#8B4513"]Belgium:[/color] Von Kluck's plan to attack the British in Mechelen was foiled when the Brits and French made a foolhardy attempt to relieve the siege of Antwerpen.

[ATTACH]37819[/ATTACH][ATTACH]37820[/ATTACH]

Von Moltke bids auf wiedersehen to his compatriots with two successful battles in liberating Namur.

[ATTACH]37821[/ATTACH][ATTACH]37822[/ATTACH]

Von Quast's siege of Liege is also successful.

The situation in Belgium:

[ATTACH]37823[/ATTACH]

[color="#0000FF"]French Border:[/color] A lot of reorganization is needed as two 3-star generals do not have army command status; they will need to be moved towards von Falkenheyn. The winter months should be a good time to get the western front ready for a spring offensive.

[ATTACH]37824[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Snapshot(8).png
Snapshot(7).png
Snapshot(6).png
Snapshot(5).png
Snapshot(4).png
Snapshot(3).png
Snapshot(2).png
Snapshot(1).png

seathom
Colonel

Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:01 am

LATE DECEMBER, 1914 (CONT.)

EASTERN FRONT

[color="#006400"]Northern Russia:[/color] Nothing happened. I will be gathering more forces to drive forward in the Spring. Russia appears lightly defended in this area.

[ATTACH]37826[/ATTACH]
[color="#FFFF00"]
Poland:[/color] Von Hindenburg frees Lodz and will be preparing to bring peace to Warsaw soon.

[ATTACH]37827[/ATTACH]

Russian forces were able to retreat out of Lodz, but everything looks good in Poland.

[ATTACH]37828[/ATTACH]

[color="#008000"]Central Russia:[/color] Except for a small battle clearing out a stranded Mrozovsky's Light Kavallerie Brigade in Lemberg, nothing else has changed. Russia is putting a large portion of their defense in Dubno and Rowno.
[ATTACH]37829[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Snapshot(12).png
Snapshot(10).png
Snapshot(11).png
Snapshot(9).png

seathom
Colonel

Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:28 am

LATE DECEMBER, 1914 (CONT.)

[color="#8B4513"]Serbia:[/color] There was a little glitch, so here is the situation in Serbia. Athena decided Belgrade was too well-defended so she moved some troops around.

[ATTACH]37830[/ATTACH]

In addition to several generals losing their Army Command Status, troops being disassembled and quite a bit of my production orders disappearing, somehow ammunition factories are being built in Dortmund and Koblenz without me ordering them. I did start an ammo factory in Prag, though. I assume these anomalies will stop without the corrupt email files being used and I'll just play through those mysteries!

The overall situation:

[ATTACH]37831[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Snapshot(14).png
Snapshot(13).png

seathom
Colonel

Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:40 am

EARLY JAN, 1915

More weirdness occurred, but only a little bit this time. My diplomat in Bulgaria suddenly moved to Greece and I will move him back to Bulgaria. The diplomatic situation follows: USA (77%CP), Ottoman's (91%CP), Italy (52%CP), Greece (51%CP), Bulgaria (50% CP), Romania (87%CP), Portugal (3%CP), Persia (61%CP), Afghanistan (62%CP), Arabia (48%CP). The only other weird occurrence was that my Austrian Generals regained their correct ratings after being very low for the last several turns (1-0-1)!

WESTERN FRONT

[color="#DAA520"]Belgium:[/color] The British decide to beef up the Antwerpen defenses with 1315 PWR inside and out of the fortress. Von Kluck will continue to siege. A French unit of weak artillery and a supply unit is in Bruxelles, although Bruxelles the WE does have quite a force around the region that may bring in a huge battle! The supply situation in Antwerpen and Louvain is getting worse so action will need to occur here very soon. The forces in Liege and Hasselt are moved up to the Belgian front for support.

[ATTACH]37844[/ATTACH]

[color="#0000FF"]French Border:[/color] Other than a small battle in Thionville with a victory against a lone reserve unit, no other fighting occurred. Reorganization continues on my part. More French forces arrive in Longwy for quite a superstack and Belfort and Epinal also look strong and getting ready for a push into Germany. France looks weak in-between those two areas.

[ATTACH]37845[/ATTACH]

[color="#FFFF00"]Poland:[/color] No fighting occurred. The EE is in danger of having one army west of Lodz being cut-off from supplies as well as two smaller units. The Ober Ost will need more support in case the two adjacent Russian armies decide to attack Lodz.

[ATTACH]37846[/ATTACH]

[color="#008000"]Northern Russia:[/color] More forces continue to arrive in Eastern Germany but not seeing Russian arrivals.

[ATTACH]37847[/ATTACH]

[color="#008000"]Central Russia:[/color] More forces arrive in Rawa Ruska to beef up the K.U.K. but three battles fought in Dubno with one victory followed by two defeats that force a retreat of the 2 and 3 Armee's plus a Korps. The overall outcome is not too bad as the Russians suffer more losses and we gain 1 NM. The 5. Armee successfully retakes Kaminiets as Russian forces look undermanned in this area.

[ATTACH]37848[/ATTACH]

[color="#8B4513"]Serbia:[/color] Belgrade still looks lightly defended as I move more troops to the west of it.

[ATTACH]37849[/ATTACH]

Decisions, decisions! Concessions to Italy is now available. That will move Italy 25 points closer to the CP, but I do believe the WE has a counter option available. Research is now available. I am not a big fan of getting all the research boosts immediately. I only get them after purchasing units and replacements if funds are still available. New generals for the new year and both AH and Germany receive State Funds boost with inflation now at 10%.

The overall situation:

[ATTACH]37850[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Snapshot(7).png
Snapshot(6).png
Snapshot(5).png
Snapshot(4).png
Snapshot(3).png
Snapshot(2).png
Snapshot(1).png

seathom
Colonel

Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:02 pm

LATE JAN, 1915

The diplomatic situation: USA 76%CP; OE 92%CP; Italy 52%CP; Romania 88%CP; Persia 61%CP; Afghanistan 64%CP; Arabia 46%CP.

Western Front

[color="#DAA520"]Belgium:[/color] Well, I got overeager and put von Kluck's 1. Armee on offensive posture, not knowing if the units inside the Antwerpen fort would come out and assist in the defense. They did. We lost. He does stay in Antwerpen, however. The WE did move out of Mechelen so I will definitely bring an army up there and another in Louvain for MTSG and revenge! We cleared out the artillery and supply unit in Bruxelles, but no other fighting on the western front.

[ATTACH]37873[/ATTACH]
[color="#0000FF"]
French Border:[/color] No fighting took place. We have 3 armee's in Luxembourg and one in Metz and Moorhange so an attack on Saint Mihiel looks imminent. The largest French force in southern France appears to be in Nancy, and it doesn't look too formidable.

[ATTACH]37874[/ATTACH]

Eastern Front

[color="#008000"]Northern Russia:[/color] It looks like the Russians have retreated into Kowno (just as they did in my last campaign) and this time encirclement will more likely occur rather than costly assaults!

[ATTACH]37875[/ATTACH]

[color="#FFFF00"]Poland:[/color] Warsaw continues to be very lightly defended but weather is not conducive right now for an invasion.

[ATTACH]37876[/ATTACH]
[color="#008000"]
AH/Russian Border:[/color] Small, successful battles occurred while taking Chotin Fort and Novaia Ushitza in souther Russia as the south is pretty much abandoned right now for the defense of Dubno and Ivanograd.

[ATTACH]37877[/ATTACH]

[color="#8B4513"]Serbia:[/color] We won a battle in Belgrade but will need a little luck in besieging it as reinforcements will take 14 more days and a good leader with decent force will need to be moved there yesterday!

[ATTACH]37878[/ATTACH]

I realize I've been picture-happy with each post, please let me know if I am over-doing it and I will cut down.
Attachments
Snapshot(7).png
Snapshot(6).png
Snapshot(5).png
Snapshot(3).png
Snapshot(2).png
Snapshot(1).png

seathom
Colonel

Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:30 pm

EARLY FEB, 1916

Diplomatic Situation:

I'm quite embarrassed to admit that when the 3-player game ended, I became quite cocky (translation: reckless!) and have suffered some NM loss (and a lot of manpower loss) due to this. I immediately had a net gain from 95 to 97 NM, then dropped 5 from battles and 2 from war weariness in the next two turns. I'd be surprised if I lost a total of 5 NM from battles during my entire first campaign as the CP. This will make for a longer campaign, I am sure, as I will need to tighten up my game.

USA 75%CP; OE 93%CP; Italy 52% CP; Bulgaria 52%CP; Romania 91%CP; Persia 61%CP; Afghanistan 66% CP; Arabia 46%CP.

Western Front

[color="#DAA520"]Belgium:[/color] I was happy just to siege Antwerpen, however, the WE decided to attack when reinforcements arrived. I lost the first big battle then won the second smaller battle. All in all, Antwerpen is in a much weaker position barring massive British troop transports. I have 2320 PWR surrounding it and it appears to have 384 PWR (although I'm not seeing the 400 PWR in prior artillery defenses). It appears the once formidable forces in Genth are now much smaller as they reinforced Antwerpen and met with a retreating loss in Mechelen. I'm not sure if the bug that effected crazy movement (of my forces) is still there or if I badly misclicked, but the unit that I had railing to Mons ended up marching to adjacent Longwy (I was able to call off the movement, fortunately, only taking cohesion loss). I am not seeing a lot of WE strength in Belgium or Northern France.

[ATTACH]37880[/ATTACH]

[color="#0000FF"]French Border:[/color] Congratulations to the WE. I had three armees in Luxembourg. Moved one to Belgium and one to Metz and Athena pounced on it with 400,000 troops to my just under 200,000 and sent von Hausen's armee retreating to Thionville. They have a great opportunity to Blitz through Luxembourg.

We did manage to take Saint Mihiel (again) although it was costly as von Bayern's Armee was to arrive in time to assist in the assault, but was slowed and won't arrive until day 1 of the next turn. Verdun and Toul have decent sized forces that may want to counter-attack, so I'll be sending another armee there and think that several days will elapse to recover some cohesion for von Bayern.

The WE has managed to form a thin line along the southern border.

[ATTACH]37881[/ATTACH]

Eastern Front

[color="#008000"]Northern Russian:[/color] Quiet front. Will be gathering forces to storm Petrograd in the Spring and starting to repair the last two cut rails in German lands.

[ATTACH]37882[/ATTACH]

[color="#FFFF00"]Poland:[/color] Russian forces left Piotrkow and appear to be readying for an attack on Krakau rather than defending Warsaw.
[ATTACH]37883[/ATTACH]
[color="#008000"]
AH/Russian Border:[/color] Message to self; transportation in harsh weather will slow down movement. I lost a tight battle in Dubno, thinking all three of my armee's would arrive but only one did. Hotzendorf had a successful battle against Rennemkampf in Kowel and is sieging the city now. Winter would have been better used to organize this front because frankly, it is a mess.

[ATTACH]37885[/ATTACH]

Serbia: Yet another setback in Belgrade, my reinforcements did not arrive in time and we lost our position in Belgrade. The armee in Chotin will most likely need to be railed down to secure this front along with the armee that was already railing in from Debrecen.

Our force that was sieging Zvornik was also defeated (again).

[ATTACH]37886[/ATTACH]

I've got some work to do, but this is the overall picture:

[ATTACH]37887[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Snapshot(7).png
Snapshot(6).png
Snapshot(5).png
Snapshot(4).png
Snapshot(3).png
Snapshot(2).png
Snapshot(1).png

seathom
Colonel

Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:17 pm

[B]LATE FEB, 1916[/B]

Diplomatic Situation: USA 74%CP; OE 94%CP; Italy 54%CP; Greece 51%CP; Bulgaria 54%CP; Romania 94%CP; Persia 61%CP; Afghanistan 68%CP; Arabia 46%CP.

Western Front

[color="#DAA520"]Belgium:[/color] Von Heeringen moved his army to retake Charleroi and just coincidentally ;) , a British leader with a cav decided to stop in Bruxelles. Will hopefully pick it off next turn. Belgium remains lightly defended yet still having trouble breaching Antwerpen.

[ATTACH]37927[/ATTACH]

[color="#0000FF"]French Border:[/color] I was sweating it out with what to do in Luxembourg. In fact, I made most of my moves 4 days ago except for what to do here. My plan was more of a prayer that the WE does not breakthrough and then hope to cut off their supply but was a bit bummed out and dithered with finishing the turn. God must be on our side right now because they decided to fall back on Longwy rather than take advantage of their good position! The WE northern flank is still lightly defended with not a serious defense until we get to Sedan with apparently just under 600 PWR there.

[ATTACH]37928[/ATTACH]

Eastern Front

[color="#008000"]Northern Russia:[/color] With rails in Gumbinnen and Tannenberg re-established, better transportation is now guaranteed for a Spring offensive, if I so choose. An amphibious force is being readied in Konigsberg for an invasion of Petrograd.

[ATTACH]37929[/ATTACH]

[color="#FFFF00"]Poland:[/color] The battle for Warsaw is getting closer with Spring approaching. The Czar is railing to Warsaw from Ivanograd with a force of 835 PWR. Marston's Korps at 209 PWR but almost no cohesion may come to the aid too but would have to travel by road in woods, snow and harsh weather! We cannot reach Warsaw in force this turn either. Plehve's 5. Armee just west of Lodz is unsupplied and within reach!

[ATTACH]37930[/ATTACH]

[color="#008000"]AH-Russian Border:[/color] This area is still a mess but getting organized. The Russians have a decent force in Vinnitza and managed to take Kaminiets with a kavellerie unit again. Von Hotzendorf is alone in Kowel as is a sieging von Brlog in Lublin. Neither has a good concentration of force and needs to be rectified.

[ATTACH]37931[/ATTACH]

[color="#8B4513"]Serbia:[/color] Not much happening. The Serbs were able to cut a rail line leading up north and I am slowly getting a better force to attack again.

[ATTACH]37932[/ATTACH]

My manpower situation is getting much worse than I've ever had and need to get Russia out of the war this year. We also printed money in the two capitol's and reduced NM by 2 more plus 1 for war weariness. It also looks like one more winter turn to heal my wounds.

[ATTACH]37933[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Snapshot(7).png
Snapshot(6).png
Snapshot(5).png
Snapshot(4).png
Snapshot(3).png
Snapshot(2).png
Snapshot(1).png

seathom
Colonel

Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:09 am

Just realized I had been putting 1916 as the year; it is obviously 1915. Sorry.

EARLY MAR, 1915

Diplomatic Situation: USA 73%CP; OE 95%CP; Italy 54%CP; Greece 52%CP; Bulgaria 54%CP; Romania 97%CP; Persia 61%CP; Afghanistan 70%CP; Arabia 46%CP.

Western Front
[color="#DAA520"]
Belgium:[/color] My intelligence was lacking and von Heeringen's Armee met a superior force in Mons, was nearly decimated after two battles and retreated to Charleroi. The WE reinforced Antwerpen and will most likely have to be where I face battle on this front and avoid for now the large force in Mons. Not a good start for a Spring offensive and a notice on not fighting during the winter months.

[ATTACH]37937[/ATTACH]

[color="#0000FF"]French Border:[/color] The large force that was around Longwy seems to have spread out a bit, with a good emphasis around my much surrounded holding of Saint Mihel. I will be looking for weak spots around the periphery that won't allow for WE MTSG. At first blush, I am contemplating attacks at Sedan (with a newly promoted von Gallwitz - I took a VP hit but think it was worth it) in the north and Vosges in the south.

[ATTACH]37938[/ATTACH]

Eastern Front

[color="#008000"]Northern Russia:[/color] The Fleet (with 140 ocean-going transport capacity) has been harboring in Konigsberg for quite some time because I wanted to make sure it was ready at first sign of good traveling weather; there is still freezing rain in the Baltic this turn. I read on the forums that someone took Petrograd and was moved to Archangelsk, so I believe I will take the port of Vyborg first. In my last campaign the game ended when I took Petrograd so I didn't notice if that had happened to me, but why take a chance. Plus, Vyborg will be lightly defended and more assured of a quick assault. I also hope to take Mlawa, to tighten the noose around Warsaw.

[ATTACH]37939[/ATTACH]

[color="#FFFF00"]Poland:[/color] The road to Warsaw is now open and of course the Russians finally have it better defended with apparently 14 units with 980 PWR plus a level 1 fort and its units.

[ATTACH]37940[/ATTACH]

[color="#008000"]AH-Russian Border:[/color] Von Hotzendorf's attack on Kowel failed and he retreated to Novo Volynsk. There are three armies to the east that I will need to reallocate for more strength.

[ATTACH]37941[/ATTACH]

[color="#8B4513"]Serbia:[/color] von Bruderman's Armee is in Arad to accompany von Krasnik's army in taking Belgrade soon. I am very eager to get this done so the mopping up of Serbia can be done and move the bulk of the forces to Russia.

[ATTACH]37942[/ATTACH]

We lost 1 NM from the debacle in Mons and 1 from war weariness. I am hoping that taking Warsaw and Petrograd will turn this around for the CP and can whittle the Russians down and out of the war.

[ATTACH]37943[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Snapshot(7).png
Snapshot(6).png
Snapshot(5).png
Snapshot(4).png
Snapshot(3).png
Snapshot(2).png
Snapshot(1).png

Return to “EAW AARs”