steelwarrior77
Colonel

Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:29 am

More battles ;-D So my officers report that Austrians switched sides in the battle of Belgrade ;-D But that should not disturb the good realtions between Austria and Germany ;-D
Attachments
2015-11-14 11_19_59-AGE.png
2015-11-14 11_19_41-AGE.png
2015-11-14 11_19_25-AGE.png

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:34 am

Lets discuss the situation in the West ;-D
The last battle where I had 2000CB where the majority of the French army is - and MTSG did not fire - even though all three corps were in the same region - has made it slightly more difficult and cost me a whole corps - but that is the only minor annoyance this turn. Plus it gave France 3 NM - otherwise they would be under 90 NM now - still they lost 1 NM all togther...Everything else is great - if not a huge counter attack happens from South - for example Paris - I will be able to cut of and defend all bridges over the river - by that isolating 1/3 of the French and 1/3 of the Britsih CB and then hopefully mob it up the next five turns...The French can retreat only this turn - but maybe also not because I still have 1500CB - even after the lost battle - in the same Province - I am sending Kluck and von Richthofen to Beauvais (with another 1600CB) and they will both arrive next turn - so if my French opponent will not retreat speedily to Paris - he will be in trouble - he could also try to send a relief force from Paris to Beauvais or Ameins - that would make things more bloody - but Kluck has beaten the army that he could send for two turns in a row now - so he should be able to beat it again- the only thing that makes things a bit complicated is that the French are dug in in Amiens - so attacking them will result in bigger losses for me... The Brits can also retreat to Amiens - but that is the only way to go for them - I hope they do not so that I can mob up the French and Britsih separatly bringing in highly superior CB against one after the other ;-D I am sending in additional units from Eastern France to speed up the mob up operations in Western France and to reduce my losses doing so...
Attachments
2015-11-14 11_21_15-AGE.png

Altaris

Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:11 pm

I doubt they have truly switched sides it's probably just a display issue since they belong to another faction. Since you don't see Austrian troops in the French column you should be fine.

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:24 pm

Lets discuss the East - it looks like the French tried to relief the siege of Verdun - but got beaten back up by Moltke ;-D in the Southeast the French were somehow sneaking through my units capturing Mulhouse - that sneaking through units happens IMO way to often in TEAW in Vanilla and the mod - I hope it will be fixed somehow - but it does not cause any headaches for me, as I will send my most Soutnern 700CB stack to destroy that small force (340CB) and hopefully gain lots of NM by completly wiping it out the next two turns - if it cannot sneak back again through my two stacks ;-D. Talking about sneaking - The French were able to sneak an army from Rethel - through Chalons sur Marne to Vitre le Francois - that army was very low on chohesion and starving - so it would have usually neded two turns to walk there - plus I had three German armies and corps in its way that hit it twice - so how come I did not wipe it out? That actually is my biggest critic right now of the game - armies and corps can retreat through provinces that they could never cover through normal movement passing by 2-3 armies and corps...that can give me quite a headache if I want to finally wipe out and smash the surrounded French and BEF...they could even though surrounded still escape...Finally the big French stack moved from Nancy so I can attack that fort this turn too. My opponnent seems to leave planes back in provinces - I captured already one unit in Belfort and will be able to capture a second in Nancy...I will send two corps to Nancy which is completly undefended - so I have 1100 CB againts his 1500CB if he counterattacks - at the same time I send Moltke to the 500CB army so I have realiable MTSG if any of the three provinces will be attacked ;-D. Belfort has one breach already - I hope I can take it next turn - that will be another hit to the French NM and a gain for me ;-D
Attachments
2015-11-14 11_21_37-AGE.png

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:30 pm

In the East Hindenburg is getting ready for next years campaign against Russia - hopefully I will be able to send enough additional forces from the West to aid - otherwise the suipply lines will be hard to cover...I send two heavy and twuo super heavy srtillery from the West there, which will arrive next turn and should help me to take the Russian forts quickly...other then that - a few naughty Russian units are swarming out and may give me a nice opportunity to slaughter them - if they get too close to Hindi ;-D
Attachments
2015-11-14 11_22_14-AGE.png

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:32 pm

Altaris wrote:I doubt they have truly switched sides it's probably just a display issue since they belong to another faction. Since you don't see Austrian troops in the French column you should be fine.

I also do not really believe that they changed sides - it is juts funny that for Austria it shows, that my forces changed sides and for me that Austrian units did it ;-D I guess that is Serbian propaganda, trying to destroy our good relations ;-D

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:47 pm

Altaris, can you explain MTSG mechanics in this mod again. Looking at the maps, there's forces all around these battles. Looking at the numbers involved, it's looking like MTSG is hardly ever firing.

Altaris

Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:30 pm

Need some saves and examples. And preferably the Logs folder too. I've not seen unusual results while testing the mod. The displays aren't always the most reliable information unfortunately. The BattleLog file in the logs directory typically gives more accurate and detailed information.

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:35 pm

The major defeat I had last turn was three corps in the same region set to attack - but only one did could only upload the Log file - hst is too big...
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:46 pm

I uploaded .hst to the official mod thread already. I don't have any logs to post.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:16 pm

Late October, 1914

Nothing to report on Austrian side. It's very interesting to note that little moved this turn, including GHQ which became unlocked in October. Conrad was supposed to rail down to Serbia to form up 5th and 6th Armies and help with the push through Serbia. He didn't move at all.

I'm seeing about 1400-1500 Serbian CBT right now. Looks like a Serbian Corp is trapped in Belgrade, which has been breached. And though it's tempting to assault Belgrade, I'm going to wait for GHQ to arrive.

Nothing to report at all in Caucuses.

[ATTACH]35346[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2015-11-15 08_06_41-AGE.png

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:47 am

Altaris, would it be possible that you send us a quick fix for the militia spawn in 1915 for Germany and Austria - because without it- it could get awefully hard for us - I will explain in my AAR update ;-D

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:54 am

The battles and a good event -obviously GB would not be prepared for an invasion of Egypt - they rather seem to bring in any unit to France - so they want to buy time. But that will only strengthen the Ottoman fleet and buy us time to get countries on our side diplomatically. The sooner the Ottomans join the war, the sooner the masscre of the Armeniens will fire - that influences a lot of countries to get closer to the Entente - so acrually a better fleet for the Ottomans and a dealy in their entry is helpful to the CPs ;-D
Attachments
2015-11-17 10_36_22-AGE.png
2015-11-17 10_35_59-AGE.png
2015-11-17 10_35_23-AGE.png
2015-11-17 10_34_34-AGE.png

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:57 am

And more battles...
Attachments
2015-11-17 10_37_42-AGE.png
2015-11-17 10_37_26-AGE.png
2015-11-17 10_37_04-AGE.png
2015-11-17 10_36_40-AGE.png

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:58 am

And one more battle...
Attachments
2015-11-17 10_38_03-AGE.png

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:59 am

Lets discuss Western France...for now everything seems to work as planned...the WE is pulling in more and more units - especially GB - he is even landing colonial troops from Belgium in Rouen. I do rest von Kluck this turn as his army is due to constant battles quite battered - and I secured all bridges in Northern France except Beauvais and Rouen - to Beauvais I send a 700CB stack under Richthofen and some smaller units. Then I send in all the remaining small stack to von Kluck to strengthen is attack on Amiens next turn - he should have something in between 1200- 1800 CB next turn to attack Amine - depending on hwo fast he gets reinforced. Plus 600-100CB from Richthofen and 1700CB already present from me in Amiesn- the Fremch will be dug in at the highest level there, but if MTSG fires I should be overwhelming them. Then next turn I would go to secure the last bridge (Rouen) and hunt down everything in Northern France...lets see - it will for sure be bloody - very much depending on MTSG firing or not...I can see very juicy targets for my German fleet - one French fleet East of GB with 4500CB and the GB fleet with 8500CB in the blockade box - my united fleet should have like 1600CB - so hopefully some more victories and NM for Germany ;-D Soon trenches may come into play so I have to secure the remaining bridges ASAP and box all WE armies out of dug in positions - or I will pay a much higher toll later...
A question for Altaris - will sending light warships to the Blockade Box give me an income - cause I retreated all the light ships to Germany and am repairing them now...? Otherwise lost of movmenst of leaders - the defensive one into the defensive positions and the offensive ones to join the attacks...and supply carts to feed my troops at Amiens...

Now about balance -even though France and partially GB recieved already quite some beatings they still add up to 100% of my CB - only that my CB will be divided between two fronts - and the Russians 100% CB to mine with my Austrain Allies 50% of mine, we are actually already now having more CB against us then we have to fight. Now add to it the the Entente can build up CB alos faster than us and A-H and Ottomans were nerfed in this mod - so we really need the militia spawn - that why Italy is so deadly in this current balance - cause at the point of the entry of Italy we are already overwhelmed by CB of the Entente - but at the same time mus attack Russia...so very hard and quite unhistorical - to be so early on overstretched and overwhelmed - that is why I need better quality of German units or more units ;-D

And it is a reason why I have to mob up as many units of the WE as possible to weaken them and to grap as much of France as possible with very good defensive postions - so they cannot so quickly overwhelm me and I can focus on Russia first - as I will have to split my build up (West and East) and GB and France can focus there build up - I need as much advantages over them as possible...as transporting my armies to the East will take quite some time - I will be there anyways not in spring of 1915 already - so I won´t be able to do as much damage to Russia as I wish...

By the way I believe the correct tactics for the WE would be just to dealy me in France and defend closely around Paris - cause then they will soon enough have enough CB (if they do not waste it like my opponents do it now) to counterattack me and will force me to leave a lot of my CB in the West - making it impossible for me to attack as hard in the East as I need to...
Attachments
2015-11-17 11_45_32-AGE.png
2015-11-17 10_38_45-AGE.png

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:00 pm

Lets discuss Eastern France...it goes perfectly there - the small army at Mulhouse was cut off and nearly destroyed - and will be destroyed next turn - giving me more NM and Belfort has surrendered - also the counterattack at Val de Moselle failed and now with my GHQ in playce I will have realiable MTSG for three provinces - which should make it impossible for my opponent to take back any province - in his counterattack he lost 500CB for now ;-D I will siege Nancy, Verdun and Epinal until they surrender so I do not weaken my armies and gain the NM ;-D I am sending more units to Moltke as he will MTSG them in the two other provinces...so twice as useful and as soon as I have taken all forts I am in a very strong defensive position - plus I conquered another unit of planes - I dunno why my opponent is leaving them unguarded? ;-D Units that I do not need to defend here, I send to the West to speed up the mob up there...
Attachments
2015-11-17 10_39_06-AGE.png

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:01 pm

Lets discuss the East...In the East I will have about 4000CB with the units of Serbia arriving and the units I built there - lets see how much I can do with that next spring/Summer - I first want to conquer parts of Poland to have one long border match up from Prussia to Austria - that is why I brought the super heavy arti east so that I can quikly take the forts around that line...

And another reason why I need most urgently the militia spawn - just look at all the cities and fortifications which I will need to cover as I move deeper into Russia to forbid my opponent to take cities and forts back the first turn and mess up my supply lines - also cheaply and quickly build garrisions or auto garrissons would be very helpful. If you would check Northern France and just Poland/Podlasia you would also see so many victory locations (strategic towns), forts and harbors, for which I would need now 2400CB worth divisions just to garrison them and get the VPs accredited - that is nigh impossible - especially as the need for units would even increase the further I move into Russia...so please Altaris - a quick fix for the militia spawn and a new updated with garrison units?
Attachments
2015-11-17 10_39_29-.png

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:46 pm

Due to many questions about what was going on in the game, I had to go into everyone orders and run turns, look at logs, etc. We elected to stop this game and started two more PBEMs. The GE player in game #1 (I'm US) just started another AAR. I'm hosting that game and will (upon approval) look at orders and turns if we feel something is going haywire or if it was blown orders or reactions and MTSG during a turn.

I'll be starting another PBEM for game #2 as GE. Another person is hosting that game.

Return to “EAW AARs”