Projekt Pasha
Sergeant

The OttoUpdates: a Central Powers viewpoint on the Paradox Interactive Mass AAR

Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:20 am

So I finally seem to have permission to post here, and it kind of bothered me that for those of you existing solely on these forums you only get the Entente point of view unless I mention something out of hand. So without further ado, I will be posting all future OttoUpdates here as well :) . The previous ones can be found in the Paradox OT CP thread which is linked below, and if you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?799378-To-End-All-WAARs-Central-Powers-AAR-amp-Discussion-Thread

OttoUpdate 24: Late November, 1915

It was fairly quiet on the Ottoman sector of the front this turn, but don't worry, I'll be updating on the other major events too. Initially this turn we will start on the Xanthi front, where the depot of Sufli is begun to help keep up a steady stream of supplies to Xanthi in adverse weather.

Now into Anatolia. The Italians have landed a pair of corps far away from one another, probably to annoy me and try to draw away forces from other fronts. Irritating but no big deal as each seems to be only a corps or so. I send Nazim Pasha from Antalaya to deal with the Italians outside of Izmir this turn. While under normal circumstances I would trust the Izmir garrison to handle a lone corps alone under the guns of the Italian fleet I'd rather play it safe. I specifically target the Italian force and not the province for movement so I can get them even if they move.

In the Caucasus the Southern pass unfortunately fills with mud and snow so I call off the attack on Erzurum. I send the ever suffering 4. Ordusu to guard the Northern pass while 1. Ordusu is sent south to Gaziantep. From there they can support against the Italian raids in Anatolia if need be but depending on how well the Palestine front goes I may want them available to invade Egypt after the Arab revolt is dealt with. I may finally fulfill that endlessly repeated expectation of presenting Cairo to the central powers :)

In Palestine I set up a game of table tennis with the remnants of the British army as the ball, hopefully I should eliminate some of their divisions from the order of battle this turn.

Now that all British MC is finally eliminated in Kuwait I decide to go ahead and send Nazim Pasha up to a position from whence he would be able to move into Persia when the time comes. The entente have Afghanistan aligned to them about 10% less than we have Persia to us and I don't want the Qajar sha to prove a liability.

Aden falls by assault to 3. Ordusu this turn. With that done with I move the army to position to suppress the Arab revolt when the time comes.

The Germans defeat the Russians outside Riga and place the city under siege. As I understand it, TLG will now be transporting a good number of these troops south to the Polish front.

They also defeat the Russo-Romanian army at the end of the Northern pass and drive them away from Bucharest.

And destroy a Romanian cavalry division as well.

The French "Win" against Lettow-Vorbeck in Africa.

And the Austrians smash a Russian offensive at Lublin,

Current NM is as follows:
CP: 105
WE: 64
EE: 56

Current Players Are:
Germany: TheLoneGunman
Austria-Hungary: Anglo-American (TXcavalier on these forums)
Ottoman Empire: Me!
Bulgaria: Hyme
France: von Murrin (Merlin on these forums)
Russia: Anazagar
Serbia: PJL (PJL)
Great Britain: Ringhloth (Ringhloth)
Japan: Teep
Romania: von Rundstedt
Italy: Jarrko (Jarkko)
Current Russian player in the third Paradox OT Forums Mass AAR.

Former Ottoman Player in the first Paradox Forums TEAW Mass Multiplayer AAR. Victor of Tripoli, Tyr, and Xanthi. Defender of the Holy Cities of Jerusalem, Mecca, and Medinah. Conqueror of Kuwait and Kitchener. Bane of the British and Sword of the House of Osman.

Militant confederate in my spare time. :neener:

Projekt Pasha
Sergeant

OttoUpdate 25: Early December, 1915

Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:56 pm

Not as much happening this turn so this will be a shorter update. First we go to Palestine, where I unfortunately only manage to catch the British once last turn. Their mostly-disintegrated forces are currently milling about on the shore in Nabluz and Haifa. A single portuguese transport has arrived, but it is only a single squadron and has only enough lift capacity for three divisions. I imagine that will cause riots on the beach as to who gets to go and who is forced to stay. I forgot to mention but those Portuguese transports are getting mined into oblivion so the ordeal for any british wo manage to make it on to the ships is not likely to be over yet.

I go ahead and finalize the setup for killing the Arab revolt when the Entente fire it on the first turn of 1916 this turn. There are three ways out of Arabia. One is the Hedjaz, one is Maan, and one is in the middle of nowhere. I break off a Kolordu under Karebekir Pasha from 3. Ordusu to guard the one in the middle of nowhere. The rest of 3. Ordusu will guard the Hedjaz, and the killing blow will come from 1. Ordusu out of Maan. I have no intention of letting this thing go on for more than a turn or two.

In addition, I start steadily securing the rail line through the Sinai with a cavalry division in preparation for the (re)conquest of Egypt once the Arabs have been dealt with.

As mentioned in the General thread, the western Italian raid has fled. I send a lone cavalry division to go and eliminate the 10% western entente MC over the Province they were in.

As for the Eastern raid Nazim Pasha and his Kolordu is sent to deal with the Italians there and resecure one of the rail junctions.

In Romania the Romanians are driven away from Bucharest. TLG has expressed wished that the city be assaulted ASAP and the gap between the thrusts squeezed out as soon as possible due to the supply situation and a wish for his troops to become available again on the Polish front.

In Galicia the Austro-Hungarians defeat the Russians again outside Lemberg.

And in Lithuania the Russians are defeated by the Germans at Kowno. Wilna is now easy pickings for a counterattack.

And finally, in Africa it looks like Lettow-Vorbeck is finally about to fall, as he is down to an understrength field artillery unit and a supply train.

Former Ottoman Player in the first Paradox Forums TEAW Mass Multiplayer AAR. Victor of Tripoli, Tyr, and Xanthi. Defender of the Holy Cities of Jerusalem, Mecca, and Medinah. Conqueror of Kuwait and Kitchener. Bane of the British and Sword of the House of Osman.

TXcavalier
Corporal

Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:28 am

This could have used an intro with screenshots(of all the theaters), and a picture of the score screen. Yes, I know there are other threads. It would make it easier to get into the current situation. ;)

Projekt Pasha
Sergeant

Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:14 am

TXcavalier wrote:This could have used an intro with screenshots(of all the theaters), and a picture of the score screen. Yes, I know there are other threads. It would make it easier to get into the current situation. ;)

Ask and ye shall receive, even if ye happens to already be in the game :p

(In all seriousness yeah I should have done that, it just didn't occur to me at the time :) )

Western Front:

Eastern Front:

Middle Eastern Front:

Balkan Front & Italian Fronts:

Objective Screen:

TXcavalier
Corporal

Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:12 am

:thumbsup:

Von Rundsted
Civilian

Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:35 am

Great AAR!!! :thumbsup: I follow up!!! Is there another way to view the previous turns? The link to Paradox only allows access to anyone with a registered game.

elxaime
General

Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:37 am

Wow the Central Powers have a huge morale edge. How did that happen?

Projekt Pasha
Sergeant

Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:46 pm

Sorry for taking so long. The entente are so slow.

elxaime wrote:Wow the Central Powers have a huge morale edge. How did that happen?

A long series of victories. :p

There were a couple of German Naval Victories, I've won a series of decisive victories over the British on land, and the Austrians have been giving the Russians hell.

Von Rundsted wrote:Great AAR!!! :thumbsup: I follow up!!! Is there another way to view the previous turns? The link to Paradox only allows access to anyone with a registered game.

Not really. Sorry :( I suppose I could find the previous ones, do you really want to read all 26 of them?

Slow turn this time, not much going on. First we go to Palestine where skirmishes with the collapsing British forces continue and I continue to press them hard. The Cavalry Corps is sent in to Nabluz to join the pressing.

I decide to put 1. Ordusu in Aden for now instead of Maan. Here's why, the British can see into Maan and if von Murrin thinks I will instantaneously crush the Arab revolt he will wait to trigger it until the forces are needed elsewhere. I must hide the army for now so that I can crush the Arabs.

Finally, I send my cavalry Division at El-Arish forwards to cross into the Sinai to begin securing the Railway into Egypt.

In Mesopotamia I begin putting Nazim Pasha's Kolordu onto transports and shipping them north to Baghdad. From there they will wait until Persia passes 90% and then move into position to support them.

Nazim Pasha's Kolordu moves in on the other Italian raid after resecuring the northern railway junction.

This turn the German fleet under Hero-Admiral von Ingenohl will seek out a decisive battle with the Anglo-Japanese fleet.

The Germans retake Wilna

And the Austrians defeat the Russians at Lemberg.

Von Rundsted
Civilian

Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:45 am

Towards victory Central Powers!!! If possible, I would read the 26 turns, I would like to see the war plans that chose both sides, movements, recruitments, decisions and from what I saw the firsts turns are the most important of the game.

Projekt Pasha
Sergeant

Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:52 pm

Von Rundsted wrote:Towards victory Central Powers!!! If possible, I would read the 26 turns, I would like to see the war plans that chose both sides, movements, recruitments, decisions and from what I saw the firsts turns are the most important of the game.

I don't have the first few turns, only from December 1914 when the OE entered. But Germany went with Moltke, AH with Conrad, and France with the default.

Von Rundsted
Civilian

Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:43 pm

Projekt Pasha wrote:I don't have the first few turns, only from December 1914 when the OE entered. But Germany went with Moltke, AH with Conrad, and France with the default.

Thanks Projekt Pasha!!! And Russia use the Historical Plan?? :neener:

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:24 am

Projekt Pasha wrote:
And the Austrians defeat the Russians at Lemberg.

Didn't the Russian player see your two armies behind Lemburg waiting to march to the sound of the guns? He got outnumbered 348K to only 83K ... a suicide attack!!
"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union... and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Check out my 'To End All Wars' AAR: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38262-The-Kaiser-report-the-CP-side-of-the-war-against-Jinx-and-PJL

Projekt Pasha
Sergeant

Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:19 am

ajarnlance wrote:Didn't the Russian player see your two armies behind Lemburg waiting to march to the sound of the guns? He got outnumbered 348K to only 83K ... a suicide attack!!

They aren't mine, they are the Austrian player's (TXcavalier/Anglo-American). As a result I'm not entirely certain but I am fairly sure that he has been using the Railway network to manage an elastic defense, his armies flying in between Lublin and Galicia to counter a much larger number of Russians.

TXcavalier
Corporal

Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:20 pm

Railroads have definitely been the key to my defense as Austria-Hungary. For that battle, I think he made the assumption that I would rail north to Lublin. My armies had been shifting, between Lemberg and Lublin, for the last two or three turns. Defeating all of his invasion attempts in the process. Even though he lost a battle badly, some Russian units were left across the river in the north. So, I didn't want to fight there without the advantage of the river line. I rely on my 'School of Defense' generals Dankl (defense 4) and Von Bohm-Ermolli (defense 3). In good terrain they have been shredding the Russians heartlessly. Which has allowed me to devote units to squashing Romania despite being outnumbered three to one.

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:46 pm

TXcavalier wrote:Railroads have definitely been the key to my defense as Austria-Hungary. For that battle, I think he made the assumption that I would rail north to Lublin. My armies had been shifting, between Lemberg and Lublin, for the last two or three turns. Defeating all of his invasion attempts in the process. Even though he lost a battle badly, some Russian units were left across the river in the north. So, I didn't want to fight there without the advantage of the river line. I rely on my 'School of Defense' generals Dankl (defense 4) and Von Bohm-Ermolli (defense 3). In good terrain they have been shredding the Russians heartlessly. Which has allowed me to devote units to squashing Romania despite being outnumbered three to one.

yes, the austrians do get some good defensive generals. playing as the cp in my own pbem the problem at the start in 1914 is that the austrians only get two ammo dumps and are therefore very limited in their ability to use artillery early on. how did u solve that problem? i have even been toying with the idea of sending german ammo dumps to the austrians. do u know if that will work?
"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union... and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Check out my 'To End All Wars' AAR: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38262-The-Kaiser-report-the-CP-side-of-the-war-against-Jinx-and-PJL

TXcavalier
Corporal

Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:23 pm

ajarnlance wrote:yes, the austrians do get some good defensive generals. playing as the cp in my own pbem the problem at the start in 1914 is that the austrians only get two ammo dumps and are therefore very limited in their ability to use artillery early on. how did u solve that problem? i have even been toying with the idea of sending german ammo dumps to the austrians. do u know if that will work?

I think it will work fine. Austria has had a couple new ones built this game.

Projekt Pasha
Sergeant

Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:21 pm

You think Austria is short with two? The Ottomans start with zero. :p

(I do have one now built in game)

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:18 am

Projekt Pasha wrote:You think Austria is short with two? The Ottomans start with zero. :p

(I do have one now built in game)

Ottomans start with zero... I must remember that when they join my PBEM game as the CP. Ammo dumps are expensive to build aren't they?

TXcavalier
Corporal

Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:17 pm

ajarnlance wrote:Ottomans start with zero... I must remember that when they join my PBEM game as the CP. Ammo dumps are expensive to build aren't they?

I think you mean munitions trains. They are expensive. Around 200 gold and 400 war supply. Munitions factories are made by event, and you will need some of those.

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:23 pm

TXcavalier wrote:I think you mean munitions trains. They are expensive. Around 200 gold and 400 war supply. Munitions factories are made by event, and you will need some of those.

Thanks for the tip!

Projekt Pasha
Sergeant

OttoUpdate 27 & 28: January 1916

Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:54 am

Almost nothing at all happens this month, I make the decision to not conquer Egypt once the Arab Revolt fires and is Crushed but to instead send more troops to the Balkans. This decision seems to please Austria-Hungary, prompting a rare moment of offensive Elan from the generally "School of the Defense" play style Anglo-American has. (Note for AGEOD forums: This is not a criticism, Anglo/TX is the best defensive tactician we have) We play the Rohr's Assault Battalion event and research as fast as our engagement points allow. We miss an opportunity to hit the British fleet due to a rerun of the turn (The Entente screwed up their files and they needed to be resent and reprocessed) and the fallout from this eventually caused the Italian player, Jarkko, to go one a paranoia-fueled and wholly unprovoked rant and then ragequit. (according to the Peanut gallery he did explain some more coherent reasons, but the rant still occurred nevertheless). Italy has been taken over by the far more level-headed Teep, the Japanese player who hasn't had much to do since Tsingtao fell. Tanks become available for us and Austria will get both of thiers this turn with Germany getting four the next, which will be formed into a Panzerkorps under Lettow-Vorbeck.

Return to “EAW AARs”