H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

To End All Wars AAR - Western Entente against the AI of Central Powers!

Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:00 am

[ATTACH]30134[/ATTACH]

Edit: One big edit. I am going to try to do at least 3 turns a day. Maybe more if not much happens.

Yes, the opening screen is very cool. And I enjoy the music. The music is not just WW1 music done by people in present times. It is the actual recordings from that time. Very wistful. And I'll say this just one time and then we'll let it go in the background. WW1 was a very horrific time. No one wants to go through that ever again. If I joke a little, I'm not making fun of the contributions of the people that sacrificed so much... on both sides. Cheers to all of them. They were very brave.

Ok, let's crack on.

It was suggested that I try to do my AAR here. I am unsure what is going on with the EAW AAR forum, but it still won't let me post, and others have told me they cannot post, either.

Anyway, here it goes!

My first AAR! I'm a very middling player, so any and all advice is welcomed, accepted, and desired.

I wanted to do an AAR on To End All Wars because I’m very excited about it. This AAR starts in early March 1915. This is because I started playing the game and got so excited after about 7-8 turns, I decided to do an AAR on it. So, just pretend it is a scenario that starts in March of 1915.

I have long thought about doing an AAR on one of the Ageod titles, but never knew which. And here it is.

Ok, starting positions and important data:

My settings are default except I gave AI more time. I’m not real good at Ageod games, so I don’t want to discourage myself too quickly. ANY advice will definitely be appreciated. That’s your mission, if you choose to accept it – make me a better player!! These default selections include easy supply. I’ve never gotten supply completely right, and I think, FOR ME, it detracts from the game. I delegate supply to supply officers! And I sack them if they get it wrong!

I will be calling the Western Entente “WE”, Eastern Entente “EE” and Germany and its allies “CP”.

I am playing the Western Entente. I chose the Warplan XIX which is to gear up to attack Germany through Alsace-Lorraine and Luxemburg. This made Luxemburg immediately join the CP. I promptly took Luxemburg on one of the early turns 1 or 2.

Germany chose the Moltke Plan which is to attack Russia and try to drive it out of the war. I believe Austria chose the Conrad plan and that was to focus on Russia while holding off Serbia. I believe Russia chose the Grand Duke plan and that was to engage Germany and also plan to attack into Galicia.

Here is a map of the Western Front.

[ATTACH]30135[/ATTACH]

I have beefed up the defenses on the German border. Belgium and Holland are not at war yet, as Germany does not attack them initially under the Moltke Plan. Germany’s main armies in the West were along the Metz, Morhange, Saarbourg lines and South, for some reason. Once I realized the Northern part of the border was so lightly defended I started pushing Corps through to Thionville, Saarbruecken, and on to Mainz which is besieged.

Ok, other parts of the world: In South Africa, I’m pressing the attack. I marched a significant army under J.C. Smuts to attack Southwest Africa. As you can see, my forces are doing well here and I expect it to fall soon. Next up in this theater will be Togo and Dar Es Salaam.

[ATTACH]30136[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Turn 1 - Battle of Windhoek WE victory.jpg
West front.jpg
Save Turn 1 - To End All Wars.jpg

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:10 am

In the Far East – Not much happening, but I do have the Japanese (they joined the Entente a few turns ago) sieging Tsingtau. I have no idea why I keep calling it Tsingtao because every time I look at it, I realize I’ve been misspelling it.

No picture! My picture seems messed up, so no picture. It is an army of 380 power besieging an army of about 165 or so.

In the MiddleEast – I don’t know if the Moltke Plan was to keep the Great Britain out of the war, but if so, it did not work. They joined about 2 turns in. So, I have been moving Mediterranean troops to Alexandria in preparation for Turkey to join the CP. They did in the last couple of turns. They took Yemen and Madinah. In response I took El Arish just over the border from Egypt. I am trying to sway Arabia with a diplomat which I will cover a little in the part about diplomacy.

[ATTACH]30138[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30139[/ATTACH]

Ok, in other news – Diplomacy: In diplomacy, you get 1 diplomat for major powers and I believe 4 for minor powers. I have my major in the USA. This might be a mistake, but as soon as some options come available, I’m hoping the shift will easily bring them into my alliance. I have not gone after Italy which is considered a major power. Right now the split is 29% in favor of the WE/EE and 71%!!! In favor of the CP, but I think they have many options that will sway them quickly to my side. My minor diplomats are in Belgium, Portugal, Arabia, and Bulgaria.

[ATTACH]30140[/ATTACH]

Being that this is the 1st turn, I'll be posting more. In later turns, I'll probably summarize a lot more.

Combats: Naval: I have had 2 real engagements with the German fleets. The first was before I had any clue and I had a 4K power fleet and thought, “That’s better than anything they have.” WRONG!!! They sunk many cruisers of mine. The damage must have been pretty even, because they did not get any morale bump from the victory. So, then I got wise and built up a 9K power fleet and set out. This is what happened. I got 4 morale boost from this battle.

[ATTACH]30141[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Navalbattle.jpg
Turn 1 Diplomacy.jpg
Turn 1 - Egypt and MiddleEast.jpg
Turn 1 - Yemen is lost and Madinah.jpg

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:20 am

I have built about 5 munitions factories. I am not sure if I should build more.

Now, for planning:

For now, I’m going to keep sieging Mainz and will not opt for any kind of attack due to no breaches.

Further below, I just realized I can use Chlorine Gas and that in the decision mode I can use it first. I have decided to use it on Wurttembergs Army in Metz that is a 1798 power.

[ATTACH]30142[/ATTACH][ATTACH]30143[/ATTACH]

You'll see what it does after Turn 1.

Here are my fleets. The joint task force was the one that beat down the German fleet. Notice how it is 48 of 48 command points (actually, it does not show command points. Suffice it to say, I made sure the command points were correct for no command penalties). I made sure it there was not a malus in this fleet.

[ATTACH]30144[/ATTACH][ATTACH]30145[/ATTACH]

I am going to move my Joint Task Force to a more threatening position and hopefully the German fleet will be foolish enough to engage.

Conclusion Turn 1:

I have done very well in "Turn 1" which truly was Late February 1915.

Objectives: None taken but ->> CP morale is 85 WE morale is 99.
Research -> I have researched everything I can and have earned some upgrades such as chlorine gas, fighters, and better uniforms/helmets.
Cards played/options->> Tunis to Italy. This will give a big diplomatic boost of Italy toward the WE.
Attachments
Turn 1 - Joint Task force.jpg
Turn 1 - Grand British Fleet.jpg
Turn 1 - Wurttemberg Army.jpg
Turn 1 - Chlorine Gas.jpg

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Vive La France!!! God Save King George V!!!

Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:29 am

Vive La France!!! And God Save King George!! Great News, my friends! I’ll go first to the big battle at sea.

My Joint Task Force engaged the full German fleet and handed it a devastating loss. This was exactly what I had hoped for and was what I moved my fleet up to the German coast for. I have the fleet on intercept. And oh, my, did it intercept.

[ATTACH]30146[/ATTACH]

As you can see we gained 8 National Morale for that. A devastating blow to the CP!! (You experts might opine on whether too much morale is gained for a battle. We could win sudden victory off of naval battles, possibly?)

Ok, going through some of the places of interest. The Joint Task Force (sick of typing that. From now on it is the JTF) will move to port and regain some hit points and cohesion. (1 chit is worth 3 replacements, am I correct in that? That’s the way it is in other games.) Right now, my replacements all cover my losses.

Good news! Portugal has joined the Entente. I can build Portuguese artillery but I cannot find any region that it is allowed to build.

[ATTACH]30147[/ATTACH]

Italy has gained Tunis due the option I played. My fleets have moved to Algeria. I am building troops in Tunis. I also have a garrison there. I hope I don’t lose them. As you can see, though, this has really helped with Italy. Also, although I am not going to show it, I moved my major diplomat to Italy. I think the better chance is for Italy to join sooner than the USA, so I should concentrate on them for now.

[ATTACH]30148[/ATTACH]

I wanted to show Italy's attitude but there is something wrong with the file. Italy is 62% leaning to WE and 38% toward CP. So, we've swung them a lot. On turn 2 I am playing another Italy diplomatic card. D'Annunzio.
Attachments
Turn 2 - Tunisia to Italy played.jpg
Turn 2 - Portugal has joined the Entente.jpg
Battle of Deutsche Bucht.jpg

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:37 am

For some reason some pictures will upload and some will not. I'm not going over the limits. It's just a "Failed false error" on some. Here is the objectives screen. As you can see, CP morale is now 78. At some point National Morale will make their armies start failing.

[ATTACH]30149[/ATTACH]

Egyptian theater. A Turkish general named Ferik is moving North. I am pretty confident I have the troops to counter him with about 6-700 power in the region and his supply line has to be very long.

[ATTACH]30150[/ATTACH]

Far East – Tsingtau is besieged and is breached. The walls convey no defensive advantage so I’m going on the offensive. We’ll see if a battle breaks out.

[ATTACH]30151[/ATTACH]

And here is the after picture of the Chlorine Gas attack.

[ATTACH]30152[/ATTACH]

As you can see, General Wurttemberg's army has lost 200 power (on average). I can play Chlorine gas 2 more times for special advantages, and then it normalizes at a lesser effect due to armies being prepared for such attacks. Game note: Using Chlorine Gas loses 1 National Morale each time. I'd imagine to the horrific nature of the attacks. The citizens of France and Great Britain I'm sure reacted in shock once they started hearing about the effects.

Africa: JC Smuts is very close to capturing this settlement. This past battle I didn’t like the loss of forces I took, but it should fall soon and I captured two supply units.

[ATTACH]30153[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Turn 2 - Southwest Afrika.jpg
Turn 2 - Wurttemberg after Chlorine gas attack.jpg
Turn 2 - Japanese siege of Tsingtau.jpg
Turn 2 - Egypt theater.jpg
Turn 2 - Objectives and morale.jpg

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

What will Turn 2 bring? Will I take Mainz, a strategic city?

Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:39 am

Max entrenchment on the West Front is now 5. I also ordered 6 new generals for Great Britain. I have a lots and lots of money but my war supplies are lagging.

So. How am I doing? Are you scratching your head and asking, “What is this guy doing?”

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:15 am

Thanks for putting an AAR together. Its always good to see various ways to play the game.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:21 am

I am going to start calling the turns by the month and year to avoid any confusion. This is Turn Early April 1915.

We "won" a battle in Mainz. I think it was a main German army coming across at my entrenched positions because their army is way too big to have been just the besieged army. No morale was gained on either side.

[ATTACH]30156[/ATTACH]

In Africa we took South West Africa in the Battle of Windhoek. JC Smuts commanding general. Good job, General!

On the West Front, please Castelnau, activate! He's been inactive for 3 months!

[ATTACH]30157[/ATTACH]

Here is a look at production. I have 5 fighter plane squadrons on order, and 3 dreadnoughts. The German fleet is going to get a good thrashing, when I get those Dreadnoughts!!

[ATTACH]30158[/ATTACH]

In Egypt, news is not good. The Turks attacked me in El Arish and we lost. No NM loss, but I'm getting out of there for now, until I can reinforce in Egypt some.

[ATTACH]30159[/ATTACH]

As for Diplomacy, Italy keeps moving towards us. I'm hoping that soon they will come over to us and we can start opening up some more fronts on the CP. I plan on using Chlorine Gas on Wurttemberg's army one more time at least. I want to see if I can make him abandon Metz, because he is very entrenched right now.

[ATTACH]30160[/ATTACH]

I am thrashing away right now. There's very harsh weather in the seas between England's shores and Germany, so I'm going to rest the JTF one more turn.
Attachments
Turn - Early April - 1915 - Wurttemberg.jpg
Turn - Early April - 1915 - Battle of El Arish.jpg
Turn - Late Mar 1915 - Beginning - Production.jpg
Turn - Early April - 1915 - Castelnau please activate pal.jpg
Turn - Early April - 1915 - Battle of Mainz.jpg

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:27 am

I also on this turn decided to build 3 more munitions arsenals. Edit: It only allowed me to build2.

Late April 1915

Not much is going on here. I had one battle. My entrenchment helped me fight them off.

[ATTACH]30161[/ATTACH]

Nothing much else to report. Castelnau finally activated. I have moved him down one region in hopes to get the Wurttemberg army to move out of Metz. These Mainz battles have all been victories, but no NM was gained.
Attachments
Turn - Late April - 1915 - Battle of Mainz.jpg

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:11 am

Early May 1915 ->

The Battle of Bitche -> This is Behind Enemy Lines of Metz. General Wurttemberg left Metz in the command of another officer to command this battle. French victory.

[ATTACH]30162[/ATTACH]

An advance is ordered in Egypt, now that we have 4 corps - 3 are ordered to move up.

[ATTACH]30163[/ATTACH]

And in Tsingtau, The Japanese army has been ordered to assault the city.

[ATTACH]30164[/ATTACH]

No picture, but I have ordered JC Smuts to load on to transports and enact an amphibious landing at Kamerun. I also ordered the corp at Trier to assault, as well.
Attachments
Turn - Early May - 1915 - Assault on Tsingtau ordered.jpg
Turn - Early May - 1915 - Advance on El Arish.jpg
Turn - Early May - 1915 - Battle of Bitche.jpg

mariandavid
Sergeant

Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:31 am

Thanks for this - very useful: Couple of questions - why is a French admiral in command of the JTF? I would have though a British admiral would be senior. The other is just something on what is happening in the east. In theory the massing of German troops in the east should have resulted in them piling up morale points. If it is going badly there suggest concentrating your diplomacy on Italy and then, once in the war on Rumania,

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:47 am

mariandavid wrote:Thanks for this - very useful: Couple of questions - why is a French admiral in command of the JTF? I would have though a British admiral would be senior. The other is just something on what is happening in the east. In theory the massing of German troops in the east should have resulted in them piling up morale points. If it is going badly there suggest concentrating your diplomacy on Italy and then, once in the war on Rumania,

Hi!!! Thank you for the reply. I was beginning to think no one would even care enough to ask a question.

As for the JTF (The Joint Task Force), I do not know why they have put in charge the French Admiral. My belief may be that seniority has trumped it. The British 3 star admiral has a seniority of 115 or 114, forget and the French Admiral commanding had a starting seniority in the 40s, making him the more senior of the Admirals. I'm sure that is the reason. I'm not complaining, he's doing a great job!

As for the Russian side. This is a curiosity for me. I don't get to see how they are doing. I don't know how it is possible to get a lot of details on how they are doing, but the game does tell me if the CP or EE capture a city. And other than that, I can only look at corresponding power numbers in the objective screen. And losses of men. A very abstract way of figuring out how it is going. It seems that the Russians are holding their own, but they have lost one city.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Another banner day for the JTF......

Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:52 am

I'm going to go to bed without updating for this turn-

... but I can tell you that this late May turn saw a lot of great victories for the WE. Two major battle of which one was a Naval Battle with the JTF. They caught a smaller German fleet composed of 4 battleships and some lesser ships and utterly destroyed the fleet. 4 battleships are resting at the bottom of the ocean now. We managed to save the vast majority of German sailors and they are being treated very gently. They will sit out the rest of the war in nice homes in England. We will not put them in PoW camps, unless they misbehave.

jnpoint
Private

Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:01 am

I'm also reading with interest. But as I'm new to this game mechanism, I can't help you out :) A simple question though: You seem to win a lot of victories over CP - do you feel that the game isn't balanced?

Capybara
Conscript

Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:50 am

jnpoint wrote:I'm also reading with interest. But as I'm new to this game mechanism, I can't help you out :) A simple question though: You seem to win a lot of victories over CP - do you feel that the game isn't balanced?

Well I think it must in part be due do the fact that with France, going through Belgium or through Luxembourg is a perfect way to counter Moltke plan: German troops are at the start locked in Alsace-Lorraine and rely on the fortification system (they have fewer troops than France). By flanking them through Belgium or Luxembourg, the german are basically screwed if played right.

Nico165
Lieutenant

Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:57 am

H Gilmer3 wrote:As for the JTF (The Joint Task Force), I do not know why they have put in charge the French Admiral. My belief may be that seniority has trumped it. The British 3 star admiral has a seniority of 115 or 114, forget and the French Admiral commanding had a starting seniority in the 40s, making him the more senior of the Admirals. I'm sure that is the reason. I'm not complaining, he's doing a great job!

Is there no combat or command penalty for mixing ships and admirals from different country together ? Did that happen historically ?

I guess that even if there are such penalties, the combined force of the british and french navies is so big that the germans can do nothing about it.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:26 pm

oldspec4 wrote:Thanks for putting an AAR together. Its always good to see various ways to play the game.

Wow!! Did not see your reply. Thank you very much!

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:28 pm

jnpoint wrote:I'm also reading with interest. But as I'm new to this game mechanism, I can't help you out :) A simple question though: You seem to win a lot of victories over CP - do you feel that the game isn't balanced?

I'm playing at the default selections. In my experience from Civil War 2 and this game, that is a fairly easy setting. One of the Phil's confirmed that to me in the Civil War 2 forums. The reasoning being that they did not want to discourage anyone.

I assure you, I lost several battles in the opening turns, not show here, though.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:32 pm

Capybara wrote:Well I think it must in part be due do the fact that with France, going through Belgium or through Luxembourg is a perfect way to counter Moltke plan: German troops are at the start locked in Alsace-Lorraine and rely on the fortification system (they have fewer troops than France). By flanking them through Belgium or Luxembourg, the german are basically screwed if played right.

It might be something that needs to be looked at. I wouldn't have attacked Luxemburg if they had stayed neutral, but since they joined the CP initially, I figured they were fair game. To be honest, my choice of plans forced them to join the CP according to the points about the plan. I'm not really sure what the historical plan was for the West, but that seemed to be the best for me, since I figured that the AI and most players would not attack through Belgium due to Great Britain's immediately joining the war. They joined fairly quickly anyway, so, if that is part of the rationale for not attacking through Belgium/Holland, it didn't work out well.

Now, they are trying to get Belgium and Holland into the CP, but I'm not sure that will happen very quickly.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:36 pm

Nico165 wrote:Is there no combat or command penalty for mixing ships and admirals from different country together ? Did that happen historically ?

I guess that even if there are such penalties, the combined force of the British and French navies is so big that the Germans can do nothing about it.

There should be, I'm sure. The Grand Fleet could have beaten the German Fleet as well, I believe. The reason I combined the fleets was that I was unaware of the Grand Fleet up North. I felt like I needed to do something to counter the behemoth that had stream-rolled me earlier.

I know that mixing different nationalities in many other games was a fairly significant penalty and that commanders had to have a characteristic called something like "International commander" to offset those types of penalties.

It might be something that needs to be looked at because I think even at higher levels of difficulty, the German fleet is woefully outgunned and also I imagine historically, the no British and French fleets were combined in such numbers.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:39 pm

Additional reply to your concern. The Germans took the Moltke Plan which meant they would focus on Russia. If they had implemented a plan that focused on the West, I'd be very hard pressed to win anything! Even so, almost none of my victories have been knockout blows except for some of the naval battles. I don't think I've received any boost to National Morale for a land battle, but I certainly lost some when I attacked into Mulhousen (in turns not pictured in the AAR).

RGA
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:06 pm

I also want to add my thanks for this AAR. I'll be following it while I decide to buy the game or not. At the moment I'm leaning towards buying it.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:23 pm

RGA wrote:I also want to add my thanks for this AAR. I'll be following it while I decide to buy the game or not. At the moment I'm leaning towards buying it.

Thank you for your interest. If you need me to show more in depth what buttons I have clicked or any screenshot you can think of, just let me know. I'll be glad to show it.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:26 pm

More updates will be coming later today. I have one turn that I need to post to this AAR, but I need to take the screenshots after I return home from work.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:40 am

Ok, so many battles. I think I'll just tell you where and post the picture.....

Naval Battle Deutsche Bucht! 5 NM gained! 4 battleships sunk!

[ATTACH]30183[/ATTACH]

Battles of Kamerun. It will fall soon.

[ATTACH]30184[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]30185[/ATTACH]

Battle of Mainz. A little surprised no NM gain here, but oh well.

[ATTACH]30186[/ATTACH]

Battle of Kaiserslauten.

[ATTACH]30187[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Turn - Early June - 1915 - Battle of Kaiserslauten.jpg
Turn - Early June - 1915 - Battle of Mainz.jpg
Turn - Early June - 1915 - Battle of Kamerun #2.jpg
Turn - Early June - 1915 - Battle of Kamerun.jpg
Turn - Early June - 1915 - Battle of Deutsche Bucht.jpg

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

These all happened in the turn.....

Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:45 am

Called Late May and I'm looking at them in Early June 1915.....

Battle of Tsingtau

[ATTACH]30188[/ATTACH]

Battle of Trier

[ATTACH]30189[/ATTACH]

Ok, I'm looking at planning for Early June 1915 here. Here is the current morale and losses screenshot. The naval battles are killing Germany's will to fight. (Hopefully).

[ATTACH]30190[/ATTACH]

In Early June of 1915 I get several options to play.....

JFC Fuller - Gives me a big boost to Tank Research. Then the other screen shows that I have selected to invest in all research since I had the engagement points to spare.

[ATTACH]30191[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]30192[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Turn - Early June - 1915 - Research.jpg
Turn - Early June - 1915 - JFC Fuller.jpg
Turn - Early June - 1915 - Objectives and morale.jpg
Turn - Early June - 1915 - Battle of Trier.jpg
Turn - Early June - 1915 - Battle of Tsingtau.jpg

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:58 am

Some thoughts about 1 year in almost....

My Grand Fleet is in the Blockade Box up North and my cohesion is shot,. I went from 11K power to 815 power.

I'm still trying to expand my incursion on the West Front. I'm hoping to cut some of Germany's armies off from supply. I've posted a screenshot with supply turned on to make it easier to see my forces and the movements and areas I am attacking. I am going to try and move a British Corp commanded by General Allenby North and I have the British GHQ nearby so I'll move it with it. I want to see if I can get into the back areas and create some havoc.

[ATTACH]30193[/ATTACH]

My fighter planes and other types are finally being deployed.

[ATTACH]30194[/ATTACH]

I had many generals congratulated. I won't name them all and not screenshot. For some reason my Japanese general was blamed for a loss, even though we won. I know that this happens and it is meant to describe that even though you won the battle the general suffered too many losses which reflects on his command.

I didn't post it until now, but I won a battle in Bir El Abd against the Turks. I wish the Arabians would hurry up and join. It is 78% lean to the WE for Arabia now.

I'm going to keep pressing in the Egypt region. Their "large" force is about 20K men and my 3 corps contain about 70K men about three times what they have.

[ATTACH]30195[/ATTACH]

As you can see in the screenshot of this battle, my generals led most of the units well indicated by the *+ sign next to the units. Also one of them had a "The leader of this unit demonstrated tactical skill". All of this is very encouraging for the Egyptian/MiddleEast theater. I'm also bring some troops from Malta, which will probably bring me to 100K men in this theater. I hope that is enough.
Attachments
Turn - Early June - 1915 - Battle of Bir El Abd.jpg
Turn - Early June - 1915 - Fighter planes.jpg
Turn - Early June - 1915 - West Front.jpg

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:41 am

Disaster has struck in Early June turn!

Well, it's not that big of a disaster yet, but South Africa is barely defended and the German troops from Dar Es Salaam attacked. I need to keep South Africa.

[ATTACH]30196[/ATTACH]

And I think I got those airplanes wrong. That seems to still be a recon group of airplanes. Here is the real fighters coming on and they are definitely ready.

[ATTACH]30197[/ATTACH]

In Egypt I won another battle, but I pulled my troops back as they were losing cohesion and I wanted to rest them up.
Attachments
Turn - Late June - 1915 - Fighters coming on line.jpg
Turn - Late June - 1915 - Disaster in South Africa.jpg

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Reaearch levels

Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:48 am

Here is a screenshot of current research levels. Note how much further the WE is in the realm of tank research. That's due to the playing of the JFC Fuller card I showed a screenshot of. I'm hoping for tanks sometime soon!

[ATTACH]30198[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Turn - Late June - 1915 - Levels of research.jpg

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:22 am

LATE JUNE 1915
-------------

Well, not too much going on.

Tsingtau - my army decided to assault. I don't think I told him to and well the results are not what I wanted, either.

[ATTACH]30199[/ATTACH]

South Africa ->>>>>> No screenshot, but I moved some troops from the Australia area and some from Windhoek, and the Germans retreated. I think it is time to build some divisions there and fortify the South African settlement.

On the West Front I took Speyer.

[ATTACH]30200[/ATTACH]

And here is the West Front. I realized I was only discussing what I was doing and not really giving a presentation of what I'm doing, so some of the Axes of advance are shown using arrows.

[ATTACH]30201[/ATTACH]

The Battle of Speyer took place almost directly East of Metz......with a black circle around the region.

[ATTACH]30202[/ATTACH]

I feel like if right around Speyer, I can get on the East side of the Rhine and run up and down the river somewhat, the CP supply situation in Metz and other nearby regions will become dire. And then if they are retreating East, they'll have to attack across the Rhine possibly. I'm not necessarily angling for a serious battle. I only want them to abandon Metz, Morhange, Saarbourg areas. If I can get a decisive victory in the deal, that will be what we like to call "the icing on the cake".
Attachments
Turn - Late June - Closeup of Speyer.jpg
Turn - Late June - Early July 1915 moves on WF.jpg
Turn - Late June - 1915 - Battle of Speyer.jpg
Turn - Late June - 1915 - Defeat Tsingtau.jpg

Return to “EAW AARs”