vonSchweinehund
Conscript

Building British armies

Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:30 am

Hi. I came across a problem with UK army building (in breaking the deadlock) resulting from the following:
1. The GHQ (Kitchener) is fixed in London and therefore cannot change his radius.
2. To build an army an appropriate leader has to be in the vicinity/same region as Kitchener
3. When moving the newly appointed army leader on a transport to travel to the continent he looses army command capability and doesn't get it back when being unloaded in France (even when this is still in the same region)
4. Army leaders cannot be deployed - crossing the channel - by pressing "redeployment".

My question is, how to build up new British armies or change army commanders?
This problem is especially annoying when the player has dissolved armies in order to appoint newly promoted commanders who took quite some time to groom into their role and looses the whole army instead. :pleure:

Any suggestions?

epaminondas
Colonel

Re: Building British armies

Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:12 am

Never played the Poms so I'm just vamping here, but you could try fixing your potential army commander to a single division and sending the combination to, say, Dover, creating your army command there and then shipping the new army back to where it can be brought up to strength.

Return to “Help improve EAW”