pantsukki
Brigadier General

Tech advance changes Hungarian infantry's OOB?

Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:00 pm

I'm playing my second save as the Central Powers, and this time when I reached the first infantry tech upgrade, all buildable Hungarian infantry divisions lost one infantry brigade. Is this WAD? I'm not sure if this happened with my first save.

Furthermore, the tech advance somehow messed up my infantry tracking, as before the advance the unit recruitment tooltip stated that I had over 100 German infantry divisions, but after the upgrade the number dropped to about 70.

Altaris

Re: Tech advance changes Hungarian infantry's OOB?

Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:47 pm

Yeah, one of the infantry upgrades changes the OOB from 4 brigades to 3 (to simulate the gradual change from square to triangular divisions). In-game, this does much what it accomplished IRL, the consolidation of much-needed forces. In return, the firepower is increased a bit.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:04 pm

Well now the poor Hungarians only have one infantry brigade as they started with 2, like all line infantry.

Any idea why the "tracking" for the already built units went wrong with the tech advance?

Altaris

Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:23 pm

Hmm, that doesn't sound right for the Hungarians. Can you post your save?

Are you sure you have replacements available to replace the losses?

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:10 pm

The problem isn't units on map but rather the Hungarian infantry divisions that are still available for recruitment. They lost one infantry brigade with the tech upgrade.

Return to “Help improve EAW”