Metatron

Friedrich Leopold von Preußen

Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:18 pm

I never really looked him up although I didn't know him and wondered about his role in WWI. But since he is of the 3 star general the Germans get early on I was curious, especially since I visited the Bornstedter Friedhof today where I saw the graves of Erich von Falkenhayn, Admiral Reuter and of Oskar von Preußen and one of his sons.

First of all the image of the general Friedrich Leopold von Preußen in game is a picture of Oskar von Preußen, one of the sons of Wilhelm II. (Friedrich Leopold von Preußen was a 2nd cousin of the Crownprinz and Oskar)

Secondly I found nothing that says that Friedrich Leopold took any command during the war. So unless someone knows what he did during WWI I don't see any reason for him to be in the game.

Among the prussian princes who did participate in WWI most were pretty young and fought (and some died) at regiment or battalion level.

Sons of the Kaiser:
Wilhelm (Kronprinz) (1882–1951) already in game
Eitel Friedrich (1883–1942) commanded the 1. Garde Rgt zu Fuss and after 1915 command for pretty much the entire war the 1. Garde Division as a Generalmajor
Adalbert (1884–1948) officer on the SMS Kaiser and then captain of the SMS Danzig.
August Wilhelm (1887–1949) didn't participated in the war
Oskar (1888–1958) fought with different regiments and made it to brigade commander and the rank of colonel
Joachim (1890–1920) fought on lower level

Brother of Wilhelm II:
Heinrich (1862–1929) already in game

Cousins of the crownprince:
Waldemar von Preußen (1889–1945) commanded the Kaiserliche Kraftfahrkorps
Sigismund von Preußen (1896-1976) was a Lieutenant in the navy and the army
Friedrich Wilhelm Sigismund von Hessen (1893–1916) died in Romania
Maximilian Friedrich Wilhelm Georg von Hessen (1894–1914) died in Flanders
Philipp von Hessen (1896–1980) was a Lieutenant in the Großherzoglichen Leib-Dragoner-Regiment
Friedrich Leopold von Preußen (1865-1931) couldn't find anything

Didn't want to go to the 3rd cousins and most of the 2nd cousins because there are a lot and all across europe.

So if any prussian prince is to be included in the game (besides the one already rightfully in) I think only Friedrich Eitel von Preußen could make it as a 1 star general around 1915, maybe Oskar in 1918.
-There is safety in numbers.
-Well there is also death in numbers. It's called a massacre.

Return to “Help improve EAW”