Kim White
Private

Greater Zoom level in regions, please

Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:06 pm

I am encountering situations where I want to do some major reorganizing in a region but the area is too small. It would be really nice to have a super-zoom so the region takes up almost all the screen, but the unit counters stay quite small. This would allow one to take a big stack or two, pull them apart, and rearrange them, yet do so with lots of room to shuffle things here and there. Is this possible?? Next patch, maybe?
Kim

PJL
Lieutenant

Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:58 pm

Kim White wrote:I am encountering situations where I want to do some major reorganizing in a region but the area is too small. It would be really nice to have a super-zoom so the region takes up almost all the screen, but the unit counters stay quite small. This would allow one to take a big stack or two, pull them apart, and rearrange them, yet do so with lots of room to shuffle things here and there. Is this possible?? Next patch, maybe?
Kim

A work around you could use is to change the zoom settings in the Display file in the Settings folder. The default is 100 but I've set it to 200. This does increase both the region and the counter, but it does make it easier to move counters around.

This is the one to change (default):
ZoomIn = 100 // closest view
Nico - Icon

'From without a thousand cycles
A thousand cycles to come
A thousand times to win
A thousand ways to run the world'
- Nico, 'Frozen Warnings'

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:58 am

You should really try to hit CTRL+F1 to CTRL+F4
(undocumented feature) it will remove stacks from view, with 4 different filter options.

Return to “Help improve EAW”