BBBD316
Lieutenant

Hidden Diplomacy Option

Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:57 am

Just something I was noticing on the mass PBEM that is being posted on another forum.

For the player or players, it is too easy to know when a nation will either join with your faction or your enemies.

It would be an interesting option to have the values of the diplomacy hidden, you would be able to keep track of were each nation maybe up to. But it would hinder the ability of the larger nations to move a force ready to pounce in the the lesser nations and knock them quickly out of the war.

Just a thought.

The Guru
Private

Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:32 pm

I agree. Diplomacy and country alignment are influenced by very intangible factors. Their translation into numbers, giving you a precise idea of where the countries stand, without margin of error, feels a little wrong and removes a nice element of suspense from the game (as it was in real life history)

I would have prefered a "literary" asessment, something like "pro-X", very pro-X" "slightly pro-X" "neutral", leaving some room for more uncertainty

TXcavalier
Corporal

Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:01 pm

This would be an interesting option. It would move things further towards a historical feel. Somewhat like 'hidden activation' but for diplomacy.

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:40 pm

BBBD316 wrote:Just something I was noticing on the mass PBEM that is being posted on another forum.

For the player or players, it is too easy to know when a nation will either join with your faction or your enemies.

It would be an interesting option to have the values of the diplomacy hidden, you would be able to keep track of were each nation maybe up to. But it would hinder the ability of the larger nations to move a force ready to pounce in the the lesser nations and knock them quickly out of the war.

Just a thought.

Just saw this excellent idea +1. I don't think this would require a lot of programming time to implement.
"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union... and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Check out my 'To End All Wars' AAR: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38262-The-Kaiser-report-the-CP-side-of-the-war-against-Jinx-and-PJL

Altaris

Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:52 pm

While I like the idea presented here, it's not so simple to implement. Diplomacy is tracked via the loyalty setting of the off-map nation regions (the ones in the top right corner of map), and these values are readily visible to players.

Return to “Help improve EAW”