marek1978
Colonel

Turn resolution problem

Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:14 pm

Hey, i reintalled EAW recently after few years of being out.
After i give orders and click procced to the next turn game stated that it is creating AI files and throws me back to the start menu.
Happened with all the scenarios, i tired issuing orders to all sides, did not help.

Nothing like that happened to me with any other ageod game.

Anyone has idea what can i do?

Durk

Re: Turn resolution problem

Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:49 pm

Well, the obvious, did you install as and administrator and run as an administrator. And, did you update.

I assume you are playing one faction against the AI. If so, try this. Enter all three factions and make a move for everyone, saving before you exit each faction. See if this helps. If so, you can simply go back to play against AI by running the game. It will tell you some player files are missing, Which you can disregard.

marek1978
Colonel

Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:09 am

Durk wrote:Well, the obvious, did you install as and administrator and run as an administrator. And, did you update.

I assume you are playing one faction against the AI. If so, try this. Enter all three factions and make a move for everyone, saving before you exit each faction. See if this helps. If so, you can simply go back to play against AI by running the game. It will tell you some player files are missing, Which you can disregard.

Thanks Durk.
I actualy tried that solution but it did not help. I reainstalled the game, tried all the versions ( updated and not) and few scenarios.
It always happens.
Maybe i should install game in some specific folder or something? I did have a game on this pc prevoiusly and i had my system reinstalled so maybe it does have something to do with it?

Pocus

Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:59 am

Going back to main menu and not just crashing rings vaguely a bell to me. Perhaps it comes from missing files or corrupted files.
I would suggest installing base EAW and see if it works, and then apply one patch after another, the older first.

marek1978
Colonel

Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:13 pm

Pocus wrote:Going back to main menu and not just crashing rings vaguely a bell to me. Perhaps it comes from missing files or corrupted files.
I would suggest installing base EAW and see if it works, and then apply one patch after another, the older first.

thanks Pocus
tried, even with vanila version it brought me back to main manu.

kind of lost here.

Durk

Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:48 pm

Yes, try to install in a new folder either in Program File - not (x86). Or in your My Document Folder. I often install troubling games there as the permission are easier.

Return to “EAW Technical support / Aide technique”