Riaelyn
Civilian

How do I find my product key to download the beta patch

Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:12 pm

I've dusted off this game after not playing it for a long time and I've had three CTDs while only logging 20 hours on the game. I then realized that I'm playing the current Steam version but not the updated beta patch version off this forum. Thus, I tried to apply the beta patch.

However, to access the beta patch, it says that a product key is necessary. I purchased the steam version of the game. I still have my e-mail from steam confirming my purchase in October of 2015 but there is no registration key with the game. I can forward this e-mail to any tech support to prove it. I also looked over Steam for anyplace where there might be a key but I can't locate one.

Without help from customer support I'm not sure of how I'm going to be able to download the patch unless someone knows of a location where steam has the product key and I just flat out missed it.

Thank you in advance.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Re: How do I find my product key to download the beta patch

Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:56 pm

These old instructions posted by Altaris have worked for me:

"For Steam users, you can find your serial key in the General.opt file located in the EAW\Settings\ directory under you game installation directory. You'll see the serial key in this file (just search for "serial"). "

Riaelyn
Civilian

Re: How do I find my product key to download the beta patch

Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:46 am

pantsukki wrote:These old instructions posted by Altaris have worked for me:

"For Steam users, you can find your serial key in the General.opt file located in the EAW\Settings\ directory under you game installation directory. You'll see the serial key in this file (just search for "serial"). "

Yep. That did it.

Thank you very much.

Return to “EAW Technical support / Aide technique”