xmas2
Corporal

Critical error with CTD again !

Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:24 pm

Hi,

I have got a critical error with CTD again.
I don't know if it's the same problem send to you a week ago but it's impossible to play with a game crushing every 2 turns (the game is out since more 1 years).

Check the problem.

This is my last notice untill your next patch, I don't waste my time anymore with a unplayble game.

Regard
Attachments
!Main log.zip
(371.31 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
3 - The Great War.zip
(1.12 MiB) Downloaded 129 times

Altaris

Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:34 pm

This is not a typical error, I can understand your frustration but please understand this does not typically happen. Looking at your log file, it is crashing on GenerateTurnFiles, which leads me to believe it may be a permission denied error on the Saves folder on your machine. What OS are you running on (Windows 8/10?) If its Windows 7,8, or 10, see if you have permissions to create files under Documents->My Games. If not, it is likely the game is crashing when trying to generate the host file for your save.

Pocus

Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:44 am

That's a good analysis I believe, specifically the error you get triggers on 'step 70' in the code named 'generate turn files', and this part is about saving something to your disk. So this has more to do with a denial of permission by Windows UAC, your AV or any security program than anything else. These issues are handled very well by the people of the Helpdesk: support@slitherine.co.uk

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “EAW Technical support / Aide technique”