Philo32b
Captain

Small typo

Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:58 am

Beautiful game!

I noticed a small typo: 'soldiers' is misspelled in "The Russian soliders, disillusion with years of privations..." in "The Russian Mutiny" in the Political Options.

Again, this is only a small typo--I just want to help make this amazing game perfect!

olivetomato
Civilian

Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:52 am

Indeed, beautiful game,

But I have a couple more 'typo's' and inconsistencies
The Dutch Region of Emmeloord. Emmeloord didn't exist in 1914, wasn't build until after that land fell dry in 1942. nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noordoostpolder (sorry it's in Dutch).
The Dutch Region of Texel. Texel is actually an island off the coast of the province of 'Noord-Holland'. Therefor it would be far more accurate to rename this region to 'Noord-Holland'.
The Dutch Region of Wolle. Wolle??? Errrr.... Huh? :) I guess you mean Zwolle. (so that is an actual typo). Location wise it is also not the best choice for this region. I would rename the 'Emmeloord' region to 'Zwolle' and the 'Wolle' Region to 'Amersfoort', which at the time was a city that held a garrison.
The Dutch Region of 'Hengeh'??? Let's change that to 'Hengelo' :)
Finally.. The Dutch Region of Koevorden. Should be written with a C instead of a K 'Coevorden'.

Now.... I know Holland was neutral in WWI so, in the grand scheme of things it might seem trivial, but still :)

Again though... Great game!!

Cheers,
Erik

LoupVert
Sergeant

Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:51 pm

olivetomato wrote:Indeed, beautiful game,

The Dutch Region of Emmeloord. Emmeloord didn't exist in 1914, wasn't build until after that land fell dry in 1942. nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noordoostpolder (sorry it's in Dutch).
The Dutch Region of Texel. Texel is actually an island off the coast of the province of 'Noord-Holland'. Therefor it would be far more accurate to rename this region to 'Noord-Holland'.
The Dutch Region of Wolle. Wolle??? Errrr.... Huh? :) I guess you mean Zwolle. (so that is an actual typo). Location wise it is also not the best choice for this region. I would rename the 'Emmeloord' region to 'Zwolle' and the 'Wolle' Region to 'Amersfoort', which at the time was a city that held a garrison.
Finally.. The Dutch Region of Koevorden. Should be written with a C instead of a K 'Coevorden'.

Now.... I know Holland was neutral in WWI so, in the grand scheme of things it might seem trivial, but still :)

Cheers,
Erik

What about "La Hague" and "Harneim" Olivetomato?

As far as I know they should be named "The Hague" and "Arnhem" respectively but you may know better (presuming that map names are in English, otherwise they would be "Den Haag" and, well... "Arnhem").

olivetomato
Civilian

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:25 pm

LoupVert wrote:What about "La Hague" and "Harneim" Olivetomato?

As far as I know they should be named "The Hague" and "Arnhem" respectively but you may know better (presuming that map names are in English, otherwise they would be "Den Haag" and, well... "Arnhem").

Oh haha.... I didn't even see those. :blink:

It should be either 'La Haye' (French spelling), 'The Hague' (English spelling) or 'Den Haag' (Dutch spelling). Well... It could also be 's Gravenhage, but.... Let's not go there, shall we? :)

And as far as Arnhem is concerned. It is spelled as 'Arnheim' in my version of the game (rather than 'Harnheim'), and well... I know this is the German way of spelling it.

So... I think you are correct about the game using the English names for towns and regions, which indeed means 'La Hague' should be 'The Hague' and 'Arnheim' should be 'Arnhem'.
Oh and while checking all this I found one more typo in this regard (sorry). The Belgian town of 'Gent' should be spelled as 'Ghent' rather than 'Genth' if, again, we're using the English spelling...

LoupVert
Sergeant

Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:43 am

Cheers,
Erik

Wrote down your suggestions into the Region name Google doc:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?37543-Region-Name-Calling-all-English-German-Russian-Italian-players

Texel -> North Holland
Wolle -> Amersfoort
Emmeloord -> Zwolle
Hengeh -> Hengelo
Koevorden -> Coevorden

LoupVert
Sergeant

Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:44 am

Cheers,
Erik

Wrote down your suggestions into the Region name Google doc:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?37543-Region-Name-Calling-all-English-German-Russian-Italian-players

Texel -> North Holland
Wolle -> Amersfoort
Emmeloord -> Zwolle
Hengeh -> Hengelo
Koevorden -> Coevorden

Return to “EAW Technical support / Aide technique”