gekkoguy82
Major

Mouse Cursor

Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:33 pm

This is something I've struggled with in all of the ageod games, tbh. In the configuration settings, there's an option to change the mouse cursor from the software, which I think is the fancy one, to the hardware, which I would guess is the standard Windows mouse cursor. Changing that option never seems to make any difference though, and I always get the fancy cursors. Am I missing something? Is there some way behind the scenes to change it?

Pocus

Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:31 pm

Did you try with AGESettings, then click on 'Hardware', then on change? It should do the trick.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

gekkoguy82
Major

Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm

Yeah, I thought I'd tried that. When I look at the settings now the "hardware" button is checked, but the cursor still looks the same in-game. I'll look again when I get home tonight but I'm pretty sure I've got hardware selected. What should I do in the event that it is checked, but still showing the fancy cursor? Is there anything that can be done or is it pretty much as is? Not that it really matters, I guess. I just thought I'd read somewhere a long time ago that it increased performance a little bit to use the hardware as opposed to software. Thanks for getting responding, Pocus! :)

Pocus

Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:32 pm

I'm not too sure if it did not worked, as this rely on very low level stuff that works since some years. I can contact the Slitherine Helpdesk in this case and see if they had this issue.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

gekkoguy82
Major

Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:14 pm

Thanks Pocus. I tried again this evening and none of the changes I made had any effect. Nothing seemed to change when i adjusted the resolution either, in regards to border or borderless. It doesn't seem like anything I change in the AGEsettings has any effect when I click OK. Oh well. Not a huge deal I guess, but I appreciate you looking in to it!

Pocus

Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:29 am

So here I would say the utility is denied the rights to edit the configuration file. Do you want the Slitherine helpdesk intervention on that, they are good in this Windows stuff.

gekkoguy82
Major

Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:01 pm

Pocus wrote:So here I would say the utility is denied the rights to edit the configuration file. Do you want the Slitherine helpdesk intervention on that, they are good in this Windows stuff.

Sure that's fine. Should I just submit a ticket or something over on the Slitherine site then?

Pocus

Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:04 am

If you can submit a ticket, this is the best course of action. Otherwise you can reach the support at support@slitherine.co.uk

gekkoguy82
Major

Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:34 pm

Thanks, Pocus :)

Return to “EAW Technical support / Aide technique”