ajarnlance
General of the Army

Retreat path not working properly...

Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:22 am

[ATTACH]32069[/ATTACH]

Game files here: [ATTACH]32071[/ATTACH][ATTACH]32070[/ATTACH]

The Russian Army attacks Krakau and so I retreat into the next region back- 'Beskid'. The next turn the Russians come again and win another battle against me. However, instead of retreating away from the enemy (Bielitz, Kublin or Miklos all look like good choices) my two corps retreat back to Krakau where a besieging Russian Army is waiting!! Why would my corps choose to retreat into enemy held territory (95% Russian MC) when there were three other empty regions where I have 100% MC!!The behaviour I witnessed above is against what it says in the manual. The rule book says:
'If the attempt succeeds, the Stack withdraws.
If there is a non-besieged structure in the region and the Stack
has the “Enter Structure” Special Order, it will withdraw into the
structure; otherwise it will withdraw to an adjacent region under
friendly Military Control.'

BUT this didn't happen in my example above. My units withdrew into a region with a besieged structure (the besieging force had been there from the previous turn). Even though there was a choice of THREE regions with 100% friendly military control. Looks like this needs patching.Now I have to try and get my two corps with 250 combat power away from a Russian force of 707 combat power. My Austrian force looks like a ping pong ball here...
Attachments
Replay_CEN.zip
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 113 times
EAW-J-L-S.zip
(347.88 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Strange retreat!.png
"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union... and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Check out my 'To End All Wars' AAR: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38262-The-Kaiser-report-the-CP-side-of-the-war-against-Jinx-and-PJL

Return to “EAW Technical support / Aide technique”