bjmorgan
Corporal

Game crashes on every turn

Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:19 pm

EAW crashes on every turn. Sometimes I can get through a turn and start another, but then once it begins to execute, it crashes again. This is very frustrating. I'm going to start posting the log evey time from now on. The latest !main log.txt is attached.
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Blond_Knight
Private

Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:09 pm

Have you tried starting a new game? It looks like your not using the beta patch, try installing that.

bjmorgan
Corporal

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:25 pm

Where do I find the beta? It's not on Matrix.

Franciscus

Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:14 pm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pocus

Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:59 am

bjmorgan wrote:Where do I find the beta? It's not on Matrix.

Posting it only at Ageod means we can update 'release candidates' entirely on our side, this is why.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

bjmorgan
Corporal

Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:11 pm

Okay, here is the first post-patch mainlog. It crashed during battle resolution on the first turn.
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Pocus

Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:01 am

You did restart the game before getting the file, as there is no error reported there?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

bjmorgan
Corporal

Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:02 pm

Pocus wrote:You did restart the game before getting the file, as there is no error reported there?

Yes. I have restarted several dozen times. Sometimes I get a "You may not be authorized to write to the game directory. Please run the game as an administrator," which I always do. Sometimes I get a "SomethingD.log can't be found." Well, it's right. I've looked for that file and it doesn't exist, and yes I used the real name, I've just forgotten it. I have also changed the permissions on all game folders and data folders in MyGames to full control. If you want I can start another and post all the logs I find, but none of them seem to say anything.

How about a screenshot of the error message(s). I get the same two or three over and over again.

I'm very frustrated with this.

bjmorgan
Corporal

Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:18 pm

I give up. I tried to post a screenshot and the logs, but your site keeps asking me to log in. I've logged in several times, but then as I try to add something else, it want me to log in again. This is ridiculous.

Return to “EAW Technical support / Aide technique”