Metalist
Sergeant

Can't Attach Army to GHQ

Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:11 pm

Hi all, I promoted a 2 star commander to a 3 star general and send it to the East. I want to attach it East GHQ but I can't do that, why do you think this is the case? It is not far away, and there is no any other army attached to GHQ so it is not the case that it is full or something.

Bargus
Corporal

Re: Can't Attach Army to GHQ

Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:57 pm

Only thing I can think of is to double-check the command radius for Hindenburg. Been awhile since I've played, but if you click on your Hindenburg and press either "control" or "shift" (can't remember which), it'll show the command radius on the map for that Army group commander. Maybe your 3-star is just out of range.

Not sure what else it could be. Good luck!

Metalist
Sergeant

Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:19 pm

I checked command radius as you suggested, and you are right: Hindenburg's radius ends in Posen. Well, I would expect that he could command a broader area. And a related question, most of my armies in Western front are not in the command radius of GHQ, though they still seem attached. Can they get any bonus for being attached a GHQ, perhaps a limited one due to being outside of command radius?

Thanks for your help.

Durk

Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:19 pm

That is a terrific question which maybe one of our number crunchers can answer. From what I can tell, Army commanders flash red no matter where they are; but only those within range gain the bonus.

Metalist
Sergeant

Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:22 pm

Thanks for the reply, Durk. Considering that attached commanders that are out of command radius still keep the extra command points, I thought maybe they can keep bonuses as well.

Return to “To End All Wars”