jlank27
Civilian

critical error

Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:49 am

I have played this game for almost 100 hours on steam with no technical problems. I upgraded windows to 20004 version and now I keep getting "Sorry, a critical error has occurred and the program will terminate" I checked the these forums and for non steam players, the 1.04 beta patch seemed to fix what appears to be a similar problem Any suggestions as to what I can do with a steam version? As some have mentioned in these forums the steam 1.03.1 patch seems more recent that the 1.04 beta patch. I have tried validating the files, and reinstalling but the problem persists. I am not the sharpest knife in the cabinet re tweaking these games so I apologize in advance.

Durk

Re: critical error

Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:02 pm

Welcome to the forum. I am not very knowledgeable about Steam, but two pieces of information might help with a solution.
Does the game crash when you open it or only after you have played for some time?
You say you updated to Windows 2004. It may very well be that you do not have all the updates for Windows as I am pretty sure updates for any version prior to 2007 are no longer available. Have you checked for Windows compatibility?

jlank27
Civilian

Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:01 am

Thanks Durk. The forum has a ton of helpful information Compatibility is a good suggestion,. The problem occurs after I start playing and once the error pops up I cannot restart the game I was playing. I am playing the 1914-119 campaign as the WE. I'll check compatibility. I applied the 1.04 patch although the still shows 1.03.1. I also made some changes to my antivirus and my latest attempt at playing has been fine, No problems yet. Appreciate the advice. This is a beautiful game though.

Durk

Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:14 pm

It is a beautiful game, indeed.
I did have one last thought. Sometimes in playing against the Ai computer memory or such gets overloaded. So, exit the game every couple of turns, then return and play some more. I know that has worked for a couple of players.

Return to “To End All Wars”