PeaceThroughWar
Conscript

Can Some Generals Not Be Promoted Beyond A Certain Rank?

Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:21 pm

I am playing as the WE and my highest-ranking 2-star general is MJ Manoury. He has great stats and abilities and has been involved in several successful engagements, but still hasn't become promotable. There is another competent 2-star general who is currently promotable, but I have been holding off on promoting him because it would cost Manoury seniority points. Are there simply some generals that the game has predetermined to be impossible to promote (perhaps based on historical events?

epaminondas
Colonel

Re: Can Some Generals Not Be Promoted Beyond A Certain Rank?

Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:00 am

Damn good question!

I don't have anything definitive to offer but I can say that I've seen some highly credentialed CP commanders left languishing as two-star generals despite participation in several major battles, only to gain promotion through some later undistinguished encounter. On that basis I'm guessing that kudos is distributed through the mix of commanders present in a combat according to the sequence in which their respective units are engaged.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:10 pm

A general needs a model file of the rank he is to get promoted at, imho

epaminondas
Colonel

Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:46 pm

That would definitely add another dimension to play but, Lordy, the amount of research you'd have to put in to get a passable historical base for it would be monumental. If anyone's up for it I'd be keen to lend a hand.

Return to “To End All Wars”