Private

Replacement Pool

Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:37 pm

CMN. What does this symbol mean?

epaminondas
Colonel

Re: Replacement Pool

Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:28 pm

It's been a while since I rolled out the game, Ed, but as I recall CMN is a contraction of "Common" and indicates that the replacement can be used for the major nation involved or any of its allies. I think the actual cost of a CMN replacement point is greater than that for a specific nation.

Altaris

Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:59 am

This is correct, certain elements belong to the "CMN" faction, they fall into this category. IIRC, it's mostly artillery and supply units.

Edward75
Private

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:53 am

I forgot to say that cost of this CMN replacement pool is much higher than usual!

What Allies do you mean? If Serbia, then they have their own pool of replacements. Or do you want to say that France and England can come from this pool of replacement replacements?

What is mean - IIRC?

epaminondas
Colonel

Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:54 pm

Edward75 wrote:I forgot to say that cost of this CMN replacement pool is much higher than usual!

Yes.

Edward75 wrote:What Allies do you mean? If Serbia, then they have their own pool of replacements.

Serbia does have its own replacements, but these are quite limited (see Altaris' post re the kind of CMN replacements available). The CMN replacements are (I think) meant to represent equipments supplied by the major power to its minor allies, with the additional cost factored in to reflect the difficulties associated with transporting them and training in their use.

Edward75 wrote:Or do you want to say that France and England can come from this pool of replacement replacements?

No, I don't want to say that, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility. It's just that since the major powers are reasonably well off for their own replacements, it wouldn't make a lot of sense to spend extra to make CMN materiel for their own use unless they'd already exhausted their stocks and build potentials.

Edward75 wrote:What is mean - IIRC?

If I Remember Correctly

Return to “To End All Wars”