Nikel

Known bugs list

Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:36 pm

Altaris once said he had a list of issues, but no more patches ever came.

Any of you who still play the game has a similar list?

Or if you have one confirmed bug, may you post here?

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Re: Known bugs list

Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:15 pm

The game's tooltip claims that the most senior commander in a theater grants bonuses according to his trait to the troops, but my experience is that those traits have no effect. For example if the senior commander's trait is supposed to give +2 CP the CP amount for a *** general is still 48.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:04 am

The Rasputin event doesn't work; he appears and then simply vanishes immediately after resolving the next turn.

Nikel

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:55 am

Thanks pantsukki.

As commented in another thread my hope was that perhaps an unofficial patch could be created.

Bohemond knows the system and has posted fixes for many (all?) Ageod games, when the bugs affect the database files not the engine.

But only he can tell.

Savegames, etc are needed to help him find the bug.

Bohémond

Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:40 pm

pantsukki wrote:The Rasputin event doesn't work; he appears and then simply vanishes immediately after resolving the next turn.

Can you post a save (and backup) for this issue ?

Regards

Nikel

Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:47 pm

Thank you sir :hat:

The first bug reported by pantsukki, I guess it is in the engine department?

Bohémond

Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:07 pm

Nikel wrote:
The first bug reported by pantsukki, I guess it is in the engine department?

Not for sure. It can be Database related.

I will need a savegame to investigate.

Regards

Nikel

Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:36 pm

OK, good to know.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:23 am

Sadly I don't have save files before the Rasputin issue. The CiC issue should be easily replicated simply by loading a campaign and confirming that the bonuses are nowhere to be seen.

Just encountered one issue again: even if Italy is neutral they get -1 CP alignment when the Mediterranean blockade fires.

Bohémond

Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:42 pm

For CiC traits issue ;

Traits provided by CIC are ruled by the following settings, in EAW/Settings ;

// ********************************************************
// ***** COMMAND AND LEADERS *****
// ********************************************************

ldrCommandMaximaRank1 = 24 // Nb of CP provided by a rank 1 leader
ldrCommandMaximaRank2 = 48 // Nb of CP provided by a rank 2 leader
ldrCommandMaximaRank3 = 48 // Nb of CP provided by a rank 3 leader
ldrCommandCap = 48 // base CP cap to a stack
ldrGHQCommandModifier = -2 // The Army stack commander provides his strat rating + this value as a bonus (or malus) to subordinate corps
ldrCommandGHQBonusCoSLvl = 4 // What is the strat rating needed by the chief of staff to gives a bonus
ldrCommandGHQBonusCoSVa = 1 // what is the value of such bonus
ldrCommandCostCombiUnit = 8 // What is the CP cost of a combined unit
ldrMaxStackCmdPenalty = 50 // max command penalty for stacks (means a 100-x efficiency)
ldrOutOfChainCmdCoeff = 50 // coefficient to CP accrued if not in the chain of command, in %
ldrGHQStackMinRange = 3 // Minimum GHQ (Army) range
ldrGHQStackCoeffRange = 0 // Strat Value coefficient to get GHQ (Army) range (100% = 100% of strat rating)
ldrGHQStackBonusRange = 0 // Strat Value bonus to get GHQ (Army) range (after ldrGHQStackCoeffRange_ is applied)
ldrGHQStackActnMinRange = 3 // Action range (range where the GHQ give a bonus): Minimum GHQ (Army) range
ldrGHQStackActnCoeffRange = 100 // Action range (range where the GHQ give a bonus): Strat Value coefficient to get GHQ (Army) range (100% = 100% of strat rating)
ldrGHQStackActnBonusRange = 0 // Action range (range where the GHQ give a bonus): Range bonus (after ldrGHQStackCoeffRange_ is applied)
fixHARuleChanceMC = 50 // Hardened Activation rule: Chance in per cent of being not fixed in case of 100% MC (linear scaled in case of less MC)
fixHARuleChancePartSupply = 10 // Hardened Activation rule: Chance in per cent of being not fixed in case of Partial Supply
fixHARuleChanceNoSupply = 20 // Hardened Activation rule: Chance in per cent of being not fixed in case of No Supply
ldrGHQBonusMaxIter = 4 // Max number of iterations to pass a bonus to a subordinate
ldrGHQBonusRollBaseStrat = 0 // Base modifier to the Army Commander Strat rating to pass one pt of bonus to a subordinate
ldrGHQBonusRollModStrat = -2 // Additional Modifier added for each iteration beyond the first (cumulative, ie iteration 3 is a Roll at -4 under the Strat Rating)
ldrGHQBonusRollBaseOff = 2 // Base modifier to the Army Commander Offensive rating to pass one pt of bonus to a subordinate
ldrGHQBonusRollModOff = -2 // Additional Modifier added for each iteration beyond the first (cumulative, ie iteration 3 gives -2 to Off here)
ldrGHQBonusRollBaseDef = 2 // Base modifier to the Army Commander Defensiverating to pass one pt of bonus to a subordinate
ldrGHQBonusRollModDef = -2 // Additional Modifier added for each iteration beyond the first (cumulative, ie iteration 3 gives -2 to Def here)

To summarize, yours HQ Stacks must be within the GHQ of the CIC Range (shift Key) and there is a -2 applied to traits provided including CP. Others settings can mitigated the effects.
It can be tested by moving the HQ stacjs in and out of the CiC GHQ range.

So no bug, it is working as designed but an osbcure feature. with hidden parameters

Regards

W8taminute
Conscript

Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:54 pm

I noticed a bug recently in a two PBEM games I've been playing. When entering the recruitment screen as the Western Entente I set my unit filter to naval units then set the country filter to Japan. (Japan is in the war at this point obviously)

No build-able units are displayed and when I try to set the unit filter to something other than naval units (while country filter is still set to Japan) the game crashes. This bug is reproduce-able and repeatable.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:18 pm

Bohémond wrote:For CiC traits issue ;

Traits provided by CIC are ruled by the following settings, in EAW/Settings ;

To summarize, yours HQ Stacks must be within the GHQ of the CIC Range (shift Key) and there is a -2 applied to traits provided including CP. Others settings can mitigated the effects.
It can be tested by moving the HQ stacjs in and out of the CiC GHQ range.

So no bug, it is working as designed but an osbcure feature. with hidden parameters

Regards

So if I understand this correctly then a CiC bonus between 1 and 2 is useless?

Bohémond

Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:45 pm

pantsukki wrote:So if I understand this correctly then a CiC bonus between 1 and 2 is useless?

You are correct

Nikel

Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:12 pm

W8taminute wrote:I noticed a bug recently in a two PBEM games I've been playing. When entering the recruitment screen as the Western Entente I set my unit filter to naval units then set the country filter to Japan. (Japan is in the war at this point obviously)

No build-able units are displayed and when I try to set the unit filter to something other than naval units (while country filter is still set to Japan) the game crashes. This bug is reproduce-able and repeatable.

Could not reproduce the bug.

Do you have a save?

Though I guess it would be related with the .exe.

W8taminute
Conscript

Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:56 am

Nikel wrote:
W8taminute wrote:I noticed a bug recently in a two PBEM games I've been playing. When entering the recruitment screen as the Western Entente I set my unit filter to naval units then set the country filter to Japan. (Japan is in the war at this point obviously)

Could not reproduce the bug.

Do you have a save?

Though I guess it would be related with the .exe.

I can try again sometime over the weekend and send the save file here. Thanks for your reply. :)

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:37 pm

I'd already experienced this previously, but now I have files with proof: the Mediterranean blockade affects the OE's alignment even if they are neutral. In my current game in Late May 1915 the OE's alignment was already at 100% CP and when Early June 1915 started, they were still sitting at 100% instead of joining the war. Meanwhile the log stated that the -1 alignment hit from the Med blockade had fired. It seems to have affected (neutral) Italy as well, pushing them towards the Entente by one point.

I can upload the files to the bug section if needed.

epaminondas
Colonel

Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:29 am

I've seen a variation on that. OE at 100% at end of turn, come next turn no DoW and alignment reduced to 99%. Would seem to confirm your analysis, pants.

Templer
General

Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:16 pm

Nice thread, but what's the point of it?
No one cares more about this game, which, as I once wished, should become one of the greatest games of my collection.
The neglect of the game by its creators is a shame, a shame!

I am surprised, that here in the forum is still traffic...

Nikel

Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:27 pm

The point was that Bohemond recently posted some fixes for other Ageod games, as he did in the past.

I thought that perhaps he would do it for this game if some confirmed bugs were commented here with saves, etc.

Besides there was a contact with Altaris to release the database.

With it online, and again perhaps, somebody will appear not only to fix some bugs, but to improve the game with new stuff.

epaminondas
Colonel

Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:57 am

Unfortunately we've not heard back from Altaris so I think we have to figure that that that door's closed for the immediate future at least. Clearly you still care about the game, though, Templar, or you wouldn't be here - so I think we agree that despite its troubles there's enormous unrealised potential waiting to be unlocked here..

No pressure Boh.

Templer
General

Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:19 pm

No harsh feelings about the thread starter. :)

New stuff? Yes, for my sake.
But more importantly, continue to eliminate bugs by patching.

Nothing is to be expected - What a disappointment.
What an embarrassing company AGEOD has become...

Pocus

Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:25 am

To End All Wars had issues with his team. Both Altaris and Philippe Thibaut are no longer working on Ageod games as you may know. And as you know, small indeps companies are hit very hard when one person leave, that's not like everyone is a cog and can be replaced easily by one of his numerous colleague.

epaminondas
Colonel

Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:57 am

All true enough, but cold comfort at the consumer end. So, given the difficulties in finding new permanent staff, would it not be possible to hire on temps to work up specific fixes for specific games?

Here in EAW land, for example, Bohemond is being pressured (even if ever so politely) to provide fixes that are really the responsibility of AGEOD management. There'd certainly be a cost involved but it would be nothing like that of taking on additional permanent staff, and it would be seen by your market as being a genuine commitment to your product. Speaking (well writing) only for myself, I'm going to need that kind of commitment before I ever venture into another AGEOD game - and given the inventiveness and potential of your games that's the kind of situation where everyone loses.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:04 pm

Of course I too would love to see a patch, but how reasonable is it to make demands of AGEOD to provide fixes? The game was released years ago and indeed AGEOD is a very small company. I certainly feel that I've already received my money's worth and more. The SP is pretty bad because of the AI, but PBEM is great fun.

epaminondas
Colonel

Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:36 am

I think it's entirely reasonable to demand fixes for a game that can't function satisfactorily without them, and the fact that they haven't come in the several years since it's release only makes that demand more reasonable.

I'm not looking to beat up on AGEOD here - I'm actually an AGEOD fan. I became one when they had the integrity to pull their first WWI release and refund to purchasers. I've stayed with them ever since, and though subsequent releases haven't all reached the outstanding quality of Civil War - in my view by far the best treatment of that topic - they've all been playable on release and where necessary patched to the point where they've been enjoyable as well. But that's not the case with EAW. This shows all the attributes of a product rushed to market and then dropped in the too-hard bin.

I can certainly appreciate the difficulties faced by a small player competing against the bigger companies. And in AGEOD's case I can appreciate it even more given the ambition and innovation displayed in their games. But appreciation isn't investment. If I'm going to invest in a game I'm going to want a return on that investment in terms of playability and engagement, and while that might be negotiated in PBEM games it's notably lacking in the solo format which constitutes the largest market segment by a considerable margin.

The surest way for a small player to become a non-player is for it to rely on its welded-on supporters to see it through troubled times without doing what's necessary to weld on more. Believe it or not, I'm trying to help.

Altaris

Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:58 pm

Hi guys, sorry for not posting sooner, it's been a while since I checked in on this forum but Pocus reached out to me a week or so ago and asked if I could look into some of the concern items. I'm going through the thread, but if anyone has a concise list of items it'll make it easier to look into.

Is the big concern item right now based on the Mediterranean blockade causing a shift of alignment keeping Italy/Ottomans from properly joining a faction?

The Rasputin one is likely tied to it being a regional decision implementation. This worked when the game was released, but I believe one of the engine updates caused some problems with the way RGD's operated in a few of these unique TEAW decisions (in hindsight, I probably should've used more traditional events, was trying to make it have a nice visual component on the diplomacy screen). IIRC, the issue is the regional decision gets removed by the engine from the diplomacy box at the end of the turn it gets placed, I'll have to see what can be done to stop this behavior.

I'm happy to look into the issues, though it's a little tough working on this title at this point, as the old AGE wiki is no longer available, making the function definitions much harder to discern. But for small tweaks/enhancements, this should be doable. Not sure how well we could do an official patch this many years out, but I could at least put up an unofficial set of patch fixes for any glaring ones easily addressed.

I do have copies of the DB Excel files as well, but I'm not 100% sure how accurate they are. Last time I tried to compile scripts using them, there were some conflicts with the Breaking the Deadlock expansion. But it would be better than nothing, I'll see what we can do to get those released.

Nikel

Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:58 pm

Welcome and thanks Altaris :)

The wiki has resurrected.

https://www.leqg.org/doc/age/

The whole story in this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=132&p=403586#p403586

Altaris

Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:17 am

Oh that is nice to hear! It was quite difficult trying to parse the events without it.

epaminondas
Colonel

Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:32 am

Fabulous (and classy)!

Altaris

Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:39 pm

Do one of you still have saves of the alignment change not occurring properly I could use to test/validate?

Return to “To End All Wars”