pantsukki
Brigadier General

Which replacements for captured units?

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:44 pm

My A-H troops captured a Russian heavy artillery unit, which unfortunately suffered heavy damage while being captured and is now at minimal strength. Which replacements do I need to fix it? The coloring of the unit is German, so i wonder if those are used? What are the "Common" replacements for?

Durk

Re: Which replacements for captured units?

Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:34 pm

When you have captured an enemy unit, a new line should appear in your replacements screen for that faction. Typically you only have the option to purchase replacements for captured units. Not all captured units have the possibility of creating replacements. So unless you see a Russian line for heavy artillery you will not be able to replace. However, I do sometimes confuse limitation in one game with another, so try building one German replacement and put your captured unit in position to maximize first call on the replacement, passive stance, in a supplied city, and see what happens.

My experience is that common replacements can be used by any faction in a postion to accept a replacement.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:25 pm

Durk wrote:When you have captured an enemy unit, a new line should appear in your replacements screen for that faction. Typically you only have the option to purchase replacements for captured units. Not all captured units have the possibility of creating replacements. So unless you see a Russian line for heavy artillery you will not be able to replace. However, I do sometimes confuse limitation in one game with another, so try building one German replacement and put your captured unit in position to maximize first call on the replacement, passive stance, in a supplied city, and see what happens.

My experience is that common replacements can be used by any faction in a postion to accept a replacement.

Yeah, will have to try the German replacement route. It's just that IIRC they are pretty expensive, and I'm not sure any other combat units need them at the moment, so would be unfortunate to waste resources.

Some of my common replacement pools have been at pretty high levels constantly, even though I have multiple units that could use them.

Durk

Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:04 am

Oh yes, in this context I would just leave the captured unit to defend something and not rebuild it.

Return to “To End All Wars”