pantsukki
Brigadier General

Annoying NM balancing

Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:11 pm

Does anyone know where the "balancing" event(s) for NM is/are located? They have now taken 5 from me and gifted the opponent with +10.. :mad: IIRC I read here once that they should be active only in SP?

Altaris

Re: Annoying NM balancing

Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:22 pm

It's under the Events folder, forget the exact name but it's something like NMBalancing.

The host can just open the .sct file in notepad and delete all contents and save it. That'll stop it from happening.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:33 pm

Altaris wrote:It's under the Events folder, forget the exact name but it's something like NMBalancing.

The host can just open the .sct file in notepad and delete all contents and save it. That'll stop it from happening.

Thanks alot!

Btw, if you don't mind me asking, do you have any plans of further work on your mod?

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:45 pm

Well this is weird and annoying, in my current game with the beta patch I had forgotten to erase the contents of the file and was thus "rewarded" with the -5 NM hit (curiously I as the CP was penalized immediately after getting to 110, but the WE had been sitting at that from the 1st turn with no repercussions...). I then erased the file, but a few turns later I was again hit with the NM penalty to "balance" the game. Any ideas what's going on? Is there a duplicate of the file somewhere?

Edit: somehow Notepad++ was showing the file as empty after editing and saving even though it wasn't. Too bad I suffered a whopping -15 NM before realizing how to fix the situation :non:

Return to “To End All Wars”