jzachar1
Conscript

How do I use River Monitors?

Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:04 am

Hey everyone! I have been trying to figure out the purpose of River Monitors/Gun boats. Are they solely to protect River transports? I haven't been able to bombard with them or use them in any tactical setting at all. They almost seem useless.

I am wondering if anyone else has figured out a good use for them?

Thanks!

-JZ

Durk

Re: How do I use River Monitors?

Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:53 am

Mostly I use them to block the river form enemy crossings. All river units are a bit marginal, but they can function as guards.

Durk

Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:53 am

Mostly I use them to block the river form enemy crossings. All river units are a bit marginal, but they can function as guards.

epaminondas
Colonel

Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:37 am

I go with useless. Durk and Czert, both well-credentialed players, feel that they do bar river crossings, but they don't appear to have blocked movement across the Sava in any of the 20 or so games I've played and I've never seen that outcome noted in the action reports.

czert2
Brigadier General

Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:25 am

you have right, i never experienced blocking of crosing by river gunboats, and if they lack this ability, it is bug, and yes, i experienced river crosing by ship, but it was blocing by big sea ships, and they blocked crosing of suez canal by my land units.
and when thinking about it, if they lack it, then it it is seriously wrong, because IIRC they did block in rus. anyone is voluntering to test if they block or not ?

Return to “To End All Wars”