Wezyr
Civilian

Chain of command questions

Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:45 pm

Hello everyone. I'm a total newcomer to the system and right now I going through the manual and tutorials. I'm not sure how do you attach units to a particular HQ? For example Corps II is attached to army A and now I want to attach it to army B. How do I go about it? The first answer that comes to my mind, is that I just need to stack the corps with an appropriate HQ. But what if the corps is not stacked with the HQ? Can it be still attached to it?

Another question - if a unit or stack of units is not attached to any particular army but it's within a range o a army group HQ. Will it benefit from it or will it be considered out of command? In other words, can the army group HQ's command units directly or can they only command the subordinate army HQ's?

Durk

Re: Chain of command questions

Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:31 pm

Hi Wezyr welcome to the forum

Look here and see if this answers. If not ask again.
viewtopic.php?f=358&t=51462

Wezyr
Civilian

Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:48 pm

I've read that thread but I'm still not entirely sure. It seems that the HQ's will automatically assume the command of nearest units, is that correct? What if there are two HQ's within the same distance from a unit? Can I decide to which one of them will the unit be assigned or will that be resolved automatically by the AI?

Durk

Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:14 pm

Yes, they HQ automatically assign. I actually do not know the answer to what happens if two HQ are the same distance. This is partly because I usually have corps, corps HQ corps corps on the line. Hopefully someone has a better answer.
The only way I know for you to decide is to move on HQ further away.

Wezyr
Civilian

Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:46 pm

OK, thanks for the reply. If the AI is managing the unit attachment, that's fine for me, I just need to change my mindset a bit.

Return to “To End All Wars”