epaminondas
Colonel

How does one "unsplit"?

Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:58 pm

There are times when I need to split a division in order to get a better picture of its composition - to discover the nationality of Austro-Hungarian brigades for example. Doing so increases the command weight of that unit, though, so having learned what I needed to know I'd like to put 'em back the way they was. But I can't. The Combine button isn't available and there doesn't appear to be any other way of reconstituting the unit's original formation. What am I missing?

leftguard
Corporal

Re: How does one "unsplit"?

Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:06 pm

The way I do it is to CTRL click the units I want to combine, and then hit the combine button which appears as a big + on the menu tab within the view. You can't always combine as many units as you might want though, so if you add them one at a time until the + button becomes unavailable, then you'll have an idea of the limit.

epaminondas
Colonel

Re: How does one "unsplit"?

Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:33 pm

Thanks lefty, that did it for me. As well as restoring splits I'd been trying to construct divisions on the same pattern and finding myself locked out, but that's a different (if related) issue so I'll continue batting it around in my head until a bell rings. You've been most helpful.

Return to “To End All Wars”