lycortas2
Captain

percentages of build pools

Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:41 pm

Does the 'percentages of build pools' rule work? I just lost a game (quickly) as the Western Entente and I was cautious about building too many units from and one unit type which would cause their cost to rise, so I built a broad spectrum of units from all over the globe which unfortunately were unable to reach Paris quickly enough.
Also, in the beginning of 1915 for example the French infantry divisions drops to zero on map (I suspect due to model upgrade); does this make French infantry really cheap for a while?

Thanks,
Mike

lycortas2
Captain

Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:41 pm

Also, how do I build a depot? I found nowhere in the instructions that actually states how to build one so I did the old tried and true 2 supply wagons in a region. No.
So I tried 3 supply wagons. Still no.

This would be a great game with instructions. Hint. Hint.

clandini5
Corporal

Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:08 pm

Checked the manual and indeed there is no specific instruction there, as I recall for EAW the number of supply units for a depot is 4 supply wagons.

Nikel

Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:13 pm

It is documented in the manual, p23:

It can be built at a cost of two Supply Wagons or by two transports ships if a harbor is in the region

Note that the button (special orders) will not be available (greyed) if not at full strength, read the tooltip for more limitations. An icon appears on the right of the unit in the map. If you click again it will be cancelled and the icon disappears.

If you have a depot already there then it should upgrade the level if possible.

What is not working, at least here, is the shortcut SHIFT-D.

lycortas2
Captain

Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:12 am

Yeah, doesn't work then. I have had 3 or more supply wagon units, at full strength in many different regions and never been able to build a depot.

You are correct on page 23 it does say that, I went right over it. It would have been nice if anywhere in the SUPPLY CHAPTER, where I looked, it had mentioned depot cost or a link to page 23.

I guess the question is how many elements are needed to start a depot. Not how many units.
Are all of the Allied supply wagons understrength? Is this a deliberate design decision? If it is I do not like it because it clashes with a decision they made on elements. I can have an army with 180,000 men in it and it will have 10 or infantry elements... which causes entire elements to be wiped after single battles.
In my current game the French 3rd and 4th army after one fight had zero infantry elements.. thus I had to find a depot to move them to to get new elements.

If I were to design this game each infantry division would have 4 elements early, and 3 later war. 2 per division does not work, they should have known this from making the first Napoleon game where there were few elements thus total element death in every battle.

Straight Arrow
General

Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:22 pm

Depots may be built in regions where your MC is 51% or higher.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth.

lycortas2
Captain

Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:52 am

Yeah, still doesn't work.
Does no one know how to play this game? I have had no answers on my other question and the depots still do not build.

Nikel

Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:28 pm

Well, I can build depots.

When answered the other day did not see the problem because was in front of Altaris' ultimate mode, where supply units have 4 elements, so 2 x 4 = 8 elements.

But in vanilla game the supply only include 2 elements, so in fact the manual is wrong as you need 4 x 2 = 8 elements. clandini5 was right.

I also would like Altaris posting much on this game, but...

Return to “To End All Wars”