killedbypropaganda
Conscript

Gameplay-related questions to veterans

Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:09 pm

I just finished my first Grand Campaign and I couldn't figure out a few things until the end which also aren't explained in the manual.

1) The Railroad from Port Said to El Arish: I owned all provinces, but I couldn't figure out how to build it (as CP if that matters).

2) Off-map Rebel-Alignment: Great Britain had a Rebel Alignment of 100% for over 2 years but never surrendered. Why is that? That should be 20% chance for over 50 times according to manual or do some special rules apply to GB?

3) Some Tech-related questions:
-Railroad Guns: The description says they are unlocked with Artillery Tech Level 3 but why can I build them from the beginning of the game then?
-Improved Heavy and Light tank units: I couldn't find them anywhere in military recruitment mode after I reached the tech level, are they just an improvement for the tank brigade?
-Also is there no special air unit for CAS? Is it just a new ability for fighters?

4) How many objectives do I need to conquer for a decisive victory? And does the game continue forever after the last turn? I ask because I dominated but only got a minor victory by VP and the game is still playable.

Thanks in advance for replies.

Altaris

Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:11 am

2) AI Great Britain doesn't surrender, as it was found the AI did a poor job of keeping their sea lanes open.
3) - Railroad guns are available from the beginning of game (in very small quantities) Lvl 3 artillery tech unlocks stronger heavy artillery.
- Tech upgrades just upgrade your existing units
4) Decisive victory comes from crushing your opponent's morale to 0

killedbypropaganda
Conscript

Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:17 pm

Thank you very much for the answer, but does nobody know how to build that railroad? And can the game be continued forever?

Altaris

Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:25 pm

I'm pretty sure you can continue on indefinitely, though I honestly never tried.

I'm not sure on the railroad, this was an event added by the AGEOD team during the expansion pack, I'm not 100% clear how it works. I have a feeling it only applies to the Entente though.

Shri

Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:26 pm

I sort of remember PHILTHIB (the DEV) telling me that it was only a UK specific event, but i may be wrong.
Historically- the English spent a lot of money and time in building and maintaining the railway in Sinai, i also remember reading about them building a huge "Water Pipleline" from the Nile to Palestine though it was not fully completed, it did help in supplying troops in the Sinai.
Rascals, would you live forever? - Frederick the Great.

Return to “To End All Wars”