Ace wrote:I found myself numerous times on the loosing end in a defensive battle where I was outnumbered 1,5:1. I would have thought in ww1 era, attackers needed more favorable ratio to achieve a breakthrough.
Most generals have better offensive stats, so maybe better defensive stats for models or higher trench effect should be implemented?
Ace wrote:I agree about not having static lines, but it wasn't as erratic as this game can portrait. Combination of too much rail points and the same artillery stats for both defense and offense makes it impossible to defend against concentrated assault, be it from the Russians or from the Germans.
Altaris wrote:So, Ace, if only the weight of artillery/munitions/etc, not troops, was increased, do you think it would have the desired effect? The downside of increasing troop weight is defensive reinforcements would be tougher to bring to threatened sectors as well.
I think you are a new player, so i will not berate you with boring page long rebuttals but will provide a few pointers-
1. You are defending using the German Army against Anglo-French troops, the Germans have more experience at the start and are also slightly better than the French in 1914 and vastly better than the Russians.
2. You have more Artillery than your enemy, you have a fort, a river line (which needs to be crossed by your enemy giving him a penalty), further your artillery is Heavy and Medium artillery (a decent part of it, perhaps 25%) which itself gives you an advantage.
3. the AI attacked with inferiority in planes, guns, men and horses which is "STUPID" in terms of WW1 battles. You have 20% more men and 6% more guns (also better quality or more powerful guns), you have a strong fortress (giving you entrenchments) and the enemy has penalties (river crossing).
That is why you won.
In general- When players attack, they do the following-
1. Ensure preponderance of artillery esp. Medium and Heavies.
2. At least 1.5:1 numerical superiority in manpower.
3. Avoid River crossings (if possible) and avoid attacking Fortresses (unless absolutely necessary).
P.S.: ACE who wrote above is the best player in PBEM of TEAW and a few others who wrote are experienced BETAS, ALTARIS is the originator of the game's idea and has his own MOD, i am 100% sure they are not complaining in vain.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest