darioVMannstein
Corporal

After besieged battles enemy still stuck in my province!

Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:15 am

Sometimes in the west front I get attacked by french army and even If I win the battle, they still stuck in my province and stay there for a long time. I can see my city is besieged so that might be the reason why..
Thats a bit confusing because I normally expect when they lose the battle my city shouldnt be besieged anymore. What should be my approach here ? Shall I make an assault posture and kick them out ?

Another question I once started a campaign and I couldnt do any Posture order to my army, corps etc. even if my generals were activated. Is this more a bug or another reason ?

Regards

seathom
Colonel

Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:17 pm

I am currently playing as the CP and the French besieged Muelhausen, battle occurred and I won but the forces did stay in the province -- it does happen. If you don't feel you can hold out, I would definitely send in reinforcements on offensive posture (at the least) and deal with them to clear them away from the province. You can also put the garrison units inside the city to sortie and they should join the fight when your reinforcements enter battle to give you a boost.

I've completed one GC and have never had the problem of not being able to change postures. Even if you are playing with veteran activation (which always shows the stack as being activated, even if not) you should be able to change from defensive to passive posture, so if you couldn't do that, something is definitely wrong.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:31 pm

I think sometimes they can't get out in a turn and they are retreating but have not made it out, yet.
To End All Wars AAR in the War Room. Join us as we laugh, we cry, we drink beer, and we joke on how badly I play......

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?36936-To-End-All-Wars-AAR-Western-Entente-against-the-AI-of-Central-Powers!

darioVMannstein
Corporal

Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:49 am

Yeah I mean with the Posture bug it just happened to me once. Not entirely sure what the exact problem was tbh. Probably a little bug or so.

Thanks for the replys guys, gonna follow that :)

Ace

Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:27 am

Perfectly normal to me. You are besieged, enemy tried to storm your fort and failed. That doesn't mean they'll lift the siege because of it. They may try again on the next trn, they may wait and keep the siege,...
You have to lift the siege, they won't just walk away simply because one assault failed.

darioVMannstein
Corporal

Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:32 am

Ace wrote:Perfectly normal to me. You are besieged, enemy tried to storm your fort and failed. That doesn't mean they'll lift the siege because of it. They may try again on the next trn, they may wait and keep the siege,...
You have to lift the siege, they won't just walk away simply because one assault failed.

Yea that makes sense to me as well. Thanks mate

btw, I cannot resume the game anymore, only I can load the game. Do u have the same experience ? What might be here the problem because I used to resume the game anytime I want no problem here at all but lately it is doesnt work :confused:

Ace

Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:47 am

I don't know.
I press load game every time anyway

Altaris

Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:42 pm

Win/loss doesn't necessarily mean retreat occurs for the loser. Battle points depending on casualty ratio determines the winner/loser (and corresponding NM gain/loss) the retreat equation is handled separately. On a side note, retreats are far less likely to occur to forces that are heavily entrenched.

Return to “To End All Wars”