[ATTACH]34942[/ATTACH]
Attachments
TEAW No firepower tank.jpg
Greetings
Templer

Templer
General

Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:14 pm

And now after some fighting the 1st Bn shows some (very less) firepower!?
Is this all WAD? :confused:

[ATTACH]34943[/ATTACH]
Attachments
TEAW No firepower tank_2.jpg
Greetings

Templer

paladin333
Private

Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:32 pm

I want to know the answer also, this looks like a bad joke.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:50 pm

The bad jokes of early tanks were not rares.
Maybe this tank had a too bad aiming tool and the crew had to learn some trick to make their tank usefull.

arsan

Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:51 pm

Just look at the tanks huge assault and assault damage values!

Obviously the game designer thought the best way to represent how tanks were used on WW1 (to break through entrenchements) was giving them high assault values (close quarters combat) and not firepower value (long range shooting).
I'm not an expert on ww1 tanks, but for what i know, they don't look like longe range firing weapons like late WW2 tanks. I guess their guns and machine guns were mostly used to attack and defend from infantry at close range.

The stats differece between the firts and the second tank image is because the experience stars gained in combat gives bonus to different stats.

Regards!

paladin333
Private

Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:19 pm

These tanks had 57mm gun with the effective range more than 6,000 m., personally I thing it should have firepower more than 0. I never used this unit in the game, as exclusively playing only PBEM and get to 1915 so far, but comments how tanks are acting in this game from users who used them is highly appreciated. The tanks should be a game changer, is it a game changer in the current state??

Altaris

Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:30 pm

Tanks in WW1 weren't particularly useful as a long range weapon/mobile artillery. That's what you're seeing reflected here. The Assault values are what are used once range closes to 0, and tanks have high values. So they are good, but only after reaching enemy lines. They also can reduce trench levels if they successfully use their Disrupt abilty (right now, the ability marker doesn't show up on the tank unit, but it does indeed get used).

The firepower of 0 to 1 after XP is due to the increase in this value due to XP.

Tanks are very useful in this game, particularly if massed. I actually think they're OP, tbh, tanks in this period were more useful for protection, breaching trenches, and lowering enemy morale than direct damage itself.

XTRG
Sergeant

Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:52 pm

In all honesty i see this a reasonable as the stat's are reflected in Assault damage. The Early tank's were primary based on Machine gun's and aiming the later cannon's was in the least difficult inside a petrol smoke filled louder then hell box of metal with chain mail protecting your face from shrapnel

GunnerzMate
Civilian

Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:05 am

paladin333 wrote:These tanks had 57mm gun with the effective range more than 6,000 m., personally I thing it should have firepower more than 0. I never used this unit in the game, as exclusively playing only PBEM and get to 1915 so far, but comments how tanks are acting in this game from users who used them is highly appreciated. The tanks should be a game changer, is it a game changer in the current state??

I'm sorry, but you should really brush up on your WW1 tank knowledge :D

On a different topic, what is the best way to use tanks in terms of unit composition of the rest of the army, as well as regarding battle plans, terrain and forts?

Altaris

Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:40 pm

Tanks are good to add to stacks which are going up against heavily fortified regions. Their disrupter ability has a chance to reduce entrenchment level, and their high assault/protection values means they can help facilitate a breakthrough once you close range to 0. As IRL, their main purpose is to help breach fortified positions and facilitate a breakthrough.

Return to “To End All Wars”